Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yesterdays Starting XI and Substitutions - All a bit Odd 11:56 - May 9 with 2127 viewsParkRoyalR

Seemed we started a defensive formation (4-4-2?) based on Burnley and Stoke away, starting with the players Ainsworth trusts, which seemed a bit negative too me,

Then when the game was lost, we brought on our more technical / flair players en masse in a 4-2-3-1 formation (Willock, Lowe, Johanssen, Dozzell and Clarke Salter) which just seemed all a bit odd to me and from one extreme to another,

If I'm trying to sell Season Tickets for next season, we've got a near full-house in, I'm wanting to see Willock and Lowe start off Dykes and not Martin and Adomah,

Its almost like Ainsworth had'nt realised our circumstances had changed and was not seeing the bigger picture, in terms of entertaining the crowd and giving us hope to renew and return next season.
Yesterdays Starting XI and Substitutions - All a bit Odd on 12:19 - May 9 with 1989 viewsRanger_1969

Thought the same - also why not give one or two youngsters a run out eg: Dixon-Bonner.
At least provide a little hope for the future!

Very disappointed, given the easing of pressure, that we still put out such a turgid performance. I was expecting so much more (more fool me!). First time for months I actually looked forward to a game - and that happens.

Concerned for the future.....
Yesterdays Starting XI and Substitutions - All a bit Odd on 12:19 - May 9 with 1975 viewspaulparker

Willock doesn’t want to be here that’s clear as day , I don’t see the point in starting him as he was pulling out of tackles and hardly breaking sweat when he did come on , he doesn’t want to get injured before his move to Rangers
Playing devils advocate maybe he was starting Amos , Albert , Martin to say ok you want to be here another year then prove it
But in the main I was disappointed with the selection as your right the crowd needed a lift and something to be excited about

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Yesterdays Starting XI and Substitutions - All a bit Odd on 12:21 - May 9 with 1963 viewsNorthernr

It was a very apt ending for this season.

Wnkr footballers barely going through the motions, supporters turning up en masse regardless.
Yesterdays Starting XI and Substitutions - All a bit Odd on 12:21 - May 9 with 1962 viewsfrancisbowles

It was neither one thing nor the other. No young or B team players given a chance. Dixon-Bonner, unused sub. Some loans played, Laird, Lowe as sub, others (Tim, Roberts) didn't.

If he believes we can utilise some of the B team next season, then why not give them a game. If he believes we could and wanted to win the game then why not pick the strongest side.

Why play Amos? What's happened to Jude-Boyd who our first manager of the season was praising.

How many of those he picked are likely to be in or team next season?
Yesterdays Starting XI and Substitutions - All a bit Odd on 12:23 - May 9 with 1945 viewsNorthernr

Yesterdays Starting XI and Substitutions - All a bit Odd on 12:21 - May 9 by francisbowles

It was neither one thing nor the other. No young or B team players given a chance. Dixon-Bonner, unused sub. Some loans played, Laird, Lowe as sub, others (Tim, Roberts) didn't.

If he believes we can utilise some of the B team next season, then why not give them a game. If he believes we could and wanted to win the game then why not pick the strongest side.

Why play Amos? What's happened to Jude-Boyd who our first manager of the season was praising.

"If he believes we can utilise some of the B team next season..."

There's issue one. Ainsworth, like all of his predecessors, have watched that B Team and not seen a single boy even worth ten minutes in an end of season dead rubber.
Yesterdays Starting XI and Substitutions - All a bit Odd on 12:23 - May 9 with 1944 viewsridethewave

The team selection was a slap in the face to a sold out stadium full of fans who have endured the most torrid season in decades.

An absolute disgrace.
Yesterdays Starting XI and Substitutions - All a bit Odd on 12:35 - May 9 with 1872 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Yesterdays Starting XI and Substitutions - All a bit Odd on 12:19 - May 9 by paulparker

Willock doesn’t want to be here that’s clear as day , I don’t see the point in starting him as he was pulling out of tackles and hardly breaking sweat when he did come on , he doesn’t want to get injured before his move to Rangers
Playing devils advocate maybe he was starting Amos , Albert , Martin to say ok you want to be here another year then prove it
But in the main I was disappointed with the selection as your right the crowd needed a lift and something to be excited about

If he was asking Albert , Amos and Martin to prove it then it was a massive letdown as all 3 were very bad.
Albert tried an exotic overhead kick ,fell on his ass and they scored and as usual that ended our dream of a home win to thank the fans .
What happened to the great motivator Ainsworth we never come out ready to play then after half time we are worse if that is possible
Where is the passion ,energy and run through fire mentality of the Watford game gone but as usual he covers for them and they deliver nothing.
Yesterdays Starting XI and Substitutions - All a bit Odd on 12:42 - May 9 with 1831 viewsdmm

Yesterdays Starting XI and Substitutions - All a bit Odd on 12:21 - May 9 by francisbowles

Just to say Jude-Boyd is a RB not a CM.
Login to get fewer ads

Yesterdays Starting XI and Substitutions - All a bit Odd on 12:50 - May 9 with 1779 viewsdaveB

Yesterdays Starting XI and Substitutions - All a bit Odd on 12:19 - May 9 by paulparker

One minor defence of Willock is he hasn't played much for a while and was moved to 3 different positions during his 10/15 mins yesterday so I'm not sure what we were expecting him to do
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024