Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
‘ kin flies... 17:36 - May 16 with 5442 viewsMick_S

They’ve started.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

‘ kin flies... on 18:42 - May 16 with 3359 viewscolinallcars

Fly me to the moon ?
‘ kin flies... on 19:05 - May 16 with 3317 viewsRangersDave

started a few weeks up here, mainly because i said i wouldnt wash again unless we scored in the Loft end again....... its gonna be a long buzzy summer.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

‘ kin flies... on 20:13 - May 16 with 3216 viewsBoston

‘ kin flies... on 18:42 - May 16 by colinallcars

Fly me to the moon ?

Zip it, Colin.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

‘ kin flies... on 21:30 - May 16 with 3123 viewsnumptydumpty

We had an ant invasion in office at work.

Got this orange smell invading the building. Apparently ant repellant.

Thankfully NOT flying ants !!!

Bluebottles though.

Yes agree dastardly creatures !!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

‘ kin flies... on 21:33 - May 16 with 3115 viewsnumptydumpty

Or the rather weirdly named Daddy Long Legs.

Right buggers

Friend from school days had perverse pleasure in removing Daddy Long Legs of their aforementioned Long Legs !!! 🤣 🤣

‘ kin flies... on 21:52 - May 16 with 3078 viewscolinallcars

‘ kin flies... on 21:30 - May 16 by numptydumpty

We had an ant invasion in office at work.

Got this orange smell invading the building. Apparently ant repellant.

Thankfully NOT flying ants !!!

Bluebottles though.

Yes agree dastardly creatures !!

I hate it when flying ants come out - usually mid July, I believe.
Bloody things.
‘ kin flies... on 21:58 - May 16 with 3060 viewsdannyblue

I had 8 around my living room light yesterday. Today none.
‘ kin flies... on 21:59 - May 16 with 3053 viewsMick_S

Luton won.

Login to get fewer ads

‘ kin flies... on 22:05 - May 16 with 3025 viewsted_hendrix

Daddy longlegs (cranefly) don't normally emerge until August/late Summer when they whizz about laying eggs all over the bloody place.

Jack Hargreaves smoked Condor Ready Rubbed Pipe Tobacco and had a nice shed.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

‘ kin flies... on 22:17 - May 16 with 2997 viewsR_from_afar

They are annoying although insect numbers have actually fallen by a worrying 40% and, I read the other day, the number of flying insects is down 60%

I was cycling on my own in the Austrian mountains once many years ago and when the road emerged from the forest I was absolutely mobbed by flies. It was horrific, I was trying to swat them away with my bicycle pump. Ugh

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

‘ kin flies... on 23:49 - May 16 with 2919 viewsE17hoop

‘ kin flies... on 22:17 - May 16 by R_from_afar

They are annoying although insect numbers have actually fallen by a worrying 40% and, I read the other day, the number of flying insects is down 60%

I was cycling on my own in the Austrian mountains once many years ago and when the road emerged from the forest I was absolutely mobbed by flies. It was horrific, I was trying to swat them away with my bicycle pump. Ugh

When it's a humid day, running through the marshes is horrendous. I wear a neck gaiter to protect from inhaling them - eaten too many of them in the past.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

‘ kin flies... on 23:54 - May 16 with 2910 viewsnumptydumpty

‘ kin flies... on 23:49 - May 16 by E17hoop

When it's a humid day, running through the marshes is horrendous. I wear a neck gaiter to protect from inhaling them - eaten too many of them in the past.

Maybe Ainsworth can use some analogy about dealing with fricking ants and if anyone mentions daddy long-legs, surely the time for god awful shithousery !!!

‘ kin flies... on 19:26 - May 17 with 2628 viewskernowhoop

Zip - occasional risk of injury.
Buttons - occasional risk of being mistaken for a Manchester City full back.
‘ kin flies... on 20:43 - May 17 with 2554 viewsdmm

Give flies a bit of love

1. Flies help to break down organic matter into compost and fertiliser for plants.

2. Flies are pollinators for loads of plants.

3. If there were no flies we’d be choking in dead, rotting carcasses.

4. Flies are an important food source for birds and fish.

5. Without flies there would be no chocolate.
‘ kin flies... on 22:16 - May 17 with 2463 viewsted_hendrix

I've got whats commonly known as an insect hotel on our South facing garage wall and all joking to one side It's currently rammed full.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

‘ kin flies... on 22:24 - May 17 with 2453 viewsR_from_afar

‘ kin flies... on 22:16 - May 17 by ted_hendrix

I've got whats commonly known as an insect hotel on our South facing garage wall and all joking to one side It's currently rammed full.

Nice one, Ted. I garden for wildlife too

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

‘ kin flies... on 01:12 - May 18 with 2367 viewsBoston

‘ kin flies... on 20:43 - May 17 by dmm

Give flies a bit of love

1. Flies help to break down organic matter into compost and fertiliser for plants.

2. Flies are pollinators for loads of plants.

3. If there were no flies we’d be choking in dead, rotting carcasses.

4. Flies are an important food source for birds and fish.

According to our masters in Davos, they're going to be an important source of food for the like of us as well.

‘ kin flies... on 17:48 - May 19 with 2235 viewsMick_S

Flies Turkish Delight? I hear you, David.

‘ kin flies... on 18:47 - May 19 with 2190 viewshubble

You might enjoy this piece of fly-related piece of literature, from the first chapter of one of Raymond Chandler's The Little Sister:

The pebbled glass door panel is lettered in flaked black paint: "Philip Marlowe . . . Investigations." It is a reasonably shabby door at the end of a reasonably shabby corridor in the sort of building that was new about the year the all-tile bathroom became the basis of civilization. The door is locked, but next to it is another door with the same legend which is not locked. Come on in--there's nobody in here but me and a big bluebottle fly. But not if you're from Manhattan, Kansas.

It was one of those clear, bright summer mornings we get in the early spring in California before the high fog sets in. The rains are over. The hills are still green and in the valley across the Hollywood hills you can see snow on the high mountains. The fur stores are advertising their annual sales. The call houses that specialize in sixteen-year-old virgins are doing a land-office business. And in Beverly Hills the jacaranda trees are beginning to bloom.

I had been stalking the bluebottle fly for five minutes, waiting for him to sit down. He didn't want to sit down. He just wanted to do wing-overs and sing the prologue to Pagliacci. I had the fly swatter poised in midair and I was all set. There was a patch of bright sunlight on the corner of the desk and I knew that sooner or later that was where he was going to light. But when he did, I didn't even see him at first. The buzzing stopped and there he was. And then the phone rang.

I reached for it inch by inch with a slow and patient left hand. I lifted the phone slowly and spoke into it softly: "Hold the line a moment, please."

I laid the phone down gently on the brown blotter. He was still there, shining and blue-green and full of sin. I took a deep breath and swung. What was left of him sailed halfway across the room and dropped to the carpet. I went over and picked him up by his good wing and dropped him into the wastebasket.

"Thanks for waiting," I said into the phone.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

‘ kin flies... on 19:04 - May 19 with 2183 viewsMick_S

This where we’re going, folks:

‘ kin flies... on 11:16 - May 20 with 2076 viewsBoston

It really started to get out of hand when they were awarded titles...

‘ kin flies... on 21:29 - May 21 with 1956 viewsJules4367

‘ kin flies... on 19:26 - May 17 by kernowhoop

Zip - occasional risk of injury.

Zip - bee careful using this as it will cause offence- you should now use 'toothed fastener'!

Or Pantomime character?
‘ kin flies... on 21:31 - May 21 with 1955 viewsJules4367

‘ kin flies... on 19:04 - May 19 by Mick_S

This ending has haunted and scared me all my life since first seeing it at about 6 or 7 years old! Thanks for another course with my therapist!
‘ kin flies... on 21:53 - May 21 with 1943 viewsJules4367

‘ kin flies... on 19:04 - May 19 by Mick_S

Then we will be onto Mosquitos and thus 633 Squadron...and you can never kill a squadron!
‘ kin flies... on 23:01 - May 21 with 1911 viewsCiderwithRsie

‘ kin flies... on 18:47 - May 19 by hubble

You might enjoy this piece of fly-related piece of literature, from the first chapter of one of Raymond Chandler's The Little Sister:

The pebbled glass door panel is lettered in flaked black paint: "Philip Marlowe . . . Investigations." It is a reasonably shabby door at the end of a reasonably shabby corridor in the sort of building that was new about the year the all-tile bathroom became the basis of civilization. The door is locked, but next to it is another door with the same legend which is not locked. Come on in--there's nobody in here but me and a big bluebottle fly. But not if you're from Manhattan, Kansas.

It was one of those clear, bright summer mornings we get in the early spring in California before the high fog sets in. The rains are over. The hills are still green and in the valley across the Hollywood hills you can see snow on the high mountains. The fur stores are advertising their annual sales. The call houses that specialize in sixteen-year-old virgins are doing a land-office business. And in Beverly Hills the jacaranda trees are beginning to bloom.

I had been stalking the bluebottle fly for five minutes, waiting for him to sit down. He didn't want to sit down. He just wanted to do wing-overs and sing the prologue to Pagliacci. I had the fly swatter poised in midair and I was all set. There was a patch of bright sunlight on the corner of the desk and I knew that sooner or later that was where he was going to light. But when he did, I didn't even see him at first. The buzzing stopped and there he was. And then the phone rang.

I reached for it inch by inch with a slow and patient left hand. I lifted the phone slowly and spoke into it softly: "Hold the line a moment, please."

I laid the phone down gently on the brown blotter. He was still there, shining and blue-green and full of sin. I took a deep breath and swung. What was left of him sailed halfway across the room and dropped to the carpet. I went over and picked him up by his good wing and dropped him into the wastebasket.

"Thanks for waiting," I said into the phone.

You can never, ever go wrong with Raymond Chandler.

Same school as P G Wodehouse, but just seven years younger. I've often wondered if they had the same English teacher.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024