Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
var 21:42 - Nov 8 with 2377 viewsdigswellhoop

watching man United never hand ball
SCRAP VAR HOPE WE DONT HAVE IT IN CHAMPIONSHIP
var on 21:43 - Nov 8 with 2373 viewsflynnbo

Tend to agree. Totally ignored all the holding too. It’s not VAR per se that’s the problem but the incompetents who implement and analyse it.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2023 21:45]
var on 21:53 - Nov 8 with 2331 viewssouthbrookstreet

spurs v Chelsea game was ridiculous regarding VAR stoppages following evening I watched the Rotherham v Ipswich it seemed strange to me having no var stoppages No
I'm not a supporter of Var
var on 21:54 - Nov 8 with 2327 viewsHAYESBOY

Its not VAR. Its the stupid new handball rules.

That was never a handball. Kick at him from less than a yard?

Smells like a trout farm in here

var on 22:02 - Nov 8 with 2285 viewsSuperhoops2808

Some things are like a broken record on this board
var on 22:11 - Nov 8 with 2263 viewsstowmarketrange

How are you supposed to jump to head the ball with your arms by your side?Ridiculous decision for me.
var on 22:18 - Nov 8 with 2239 viewsPlanetHonneywood

var on 22:11 - Nov 8 by stowmarketrange

How are you supposed to jump to head the ball with your arms by your side?Ridiculous decision for me.

You weren't a pogoing punk in the 70s then?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

var on 22:33 - Nov 8 with 2194 viewsdaveB

I always thought it was worth trying VAR to see if it works, been going 5/6 years now across Europe and has added almost nothing and taken away so much. needs to be scrapped
var on 22:36 - Nov 8 with 2184 viewsNewBee

When VAR was first introduced, I remember speaking to a referee who was qualified to run the line in EFL matches i.e. pretty experienced/senior etc.

He said all the referees hated it, essentially since it undermined them, with the threat of being second-guessed hampering their decision-making ability. ("What will VAR say about this?")

But they didn't dare speak out, since that would harm their career if it upset the bods upstairs.

Meanwhile, when even Chelsea fans were chanting "F**k VAR!" in their game against Spurs on Monday, admittedly in the first half, that tells you everything about what PL fans think of it.

Get rid.
Login to get fewer ads

var on 22:58 - Nov 8 with 2142 viewsnumptydumpty

It's not VAR that is ruining games.

It's the incompetent referees that look at VAR and just adds another way that human beings assess decisions incorrectly

If VAR was used as a decision by a machine alone then all well and good ie its assessing whether the human referee has messed up.

But all it is doing is allowing another form of referee in human form to mess up even more.

If they just went with the machines view as opposed to another human referees view of the machines suggestion then ok.

But VAR is constantly misused and basically must be so fricking irritating as a fan watching on.

The EFL must never let this be here in its current form because its causing more problems than its solving..
[Post edited 8 Nov 2023 23:10]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

var on 23:05 - Nov 8 with 2126 viewsManinBlack

Definitely get rid. It is now influencing the results with belated sending offs and penalty decisions on top of disallowing goals for big toes being offside. If youlooked very closely you can see when Maguire headed the ball, it then hit his hand before striking the defenders arm a few inches away. VAR gave a penalty but they somehow didn't spot the ball touching Maguire's hand first.

Rashford was sent off for shielding the ball from the opponent. He was never looking at the guy coming in and was just planting his foot down on the ground and the leg appeared. All this freeze framing and slow motions make incidents look worse but collisions happen in fast moving games. It is like AI is taking over football with technology seemingly mak8ng all the big calls.

As pointed out earlier the rules about offside, handball, physical contact need to be revised again as it is making VAR look at everything. Accidental handball means a penalty and accidentally treading on someone automatically means a sending off where no intent is meant. The game is being wrecked.
var on 23:38 - Nov 8 with 2085 viewsstowmarketrange

var on 22:18 - Nov 8 by PlanetHonneywood

You weren't a pogoing punk in the 70s then?

We only used to head beer cans and bottles in the mosh pits back then.Not a football in sight.
var on 09:24 - Nov 14 with 1553 viewshubble

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

var on 21:17 - Nov 15 with 1295 viewsdigswellhoop

hes correct
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024