Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sir Marti 23:41 - Mar 6 with 1387 viewsnumptydumpty

What a transformation

This team and squad were certainties for relegation.

And the football played was absolutely awful in the extreme.

Yes we were astute in the transfer window, if that's down to the new CEO negotiations that's promising but the entire squad is fighting for everything and the quality is there in extreme.

Andersen is looking like a find. Hayden is a solid midfielder. Hodge has not played much but looks tidy and Frey is a whole hearted player who gives everything.

The defence with Cook and Clarke Salter looks sound and Paal has added qualities too.

He has used Dykes and Armstrong to good effect. Smyth is the usual jack in a box. Chair is passing more and Willock has shown his quality once more.

And he has picked a few rabbits out of the hat.

Dunne - inho on the right, and today pressing Field further forward.

He seems able to change things around to good effect and also seems to have excellent in game management that often improves us also.

That almost felt like 90 minutes of attack v defence.

There is no surrender too.

After conceding two quick goals under Ainsworth our players often visibly seemed downhearted and felt defeated.

Cifuentes has performed a miracle with our squad and its fantastic to watch.And no injuries currently either.

Tonight it was as if Stan himself was on the pitch. Maybe he really was.

If Cooks overhead kick had gone in, I think I would have self combusted, along with everyone in the stadium.

What a fantastic event today and an unbelievably fitting tribute to the great Stan Bowles.

Cifuentes we really need to keep this man at least for the whole of next season.

Would not be surprised to see him as a long standing Premier league manager in the future. Probably not with us, but we can dream after night's like tonight.

But yes sure Stanley was watching tonight with immense pride !!!

[Post edited 6 Mar 23:45]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Sir Marti on 09:01 - Mar 7 with 1119 viewsTheChef

Absolute confidence that this guy will keep us up and help us push on next season.

Gutted I can't make Boro on Saturday, but will be at Sunderland

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Sir Marti on 12:59 - Mar 7 with 1010 viewsHammersmithR

My big concern is someone like Brighton will nab him from us. This guy knows what he’s doing. Sticks to his principles. From the Pep school of football.
Sir Marti on 20:55 - Mar 7 with 881 viewsnumptydumpty

Sir Marti on 12:59 - Mar 7 by HammersmithR

My big concern is someone like Brighton will nab him from us. This guy knows what he’s doing. Sticks to his principles. From the Pep school of football.

Totally agree

It's hard to keep such things subdued

One of our problems is when we do get and develop excellent players and managers, the fear is they will then go on elsewhere quickly.

We really need be negotiating with Marti right now.

Keeping the manager is the main priority. He is more important than any of our current playing squad but can see him being a success in the Premier league.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Sir Marti on 21:18 - Mar 7 with 802 viewsLblock

So we trust this bunch of footballers now do we?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Sir Marti on 21:34 - Mar 7 with 743 viewsDannyPaddox

SirMarties. Uppers. Magic Go-Pills. Crazy Catalan Crack Crunch. It has many street names.
Sir Marti on 22:11 - Mar 7 with 691 viewsted_hendrix

I'd imagine Cifuentes would be the first to say he's achieved nothing yet.

He's been superb for us nobody can deny that but we're in a very precarious league position at the moment along with 9 maybe 10 or so other clubs and until we are safe in this league I'm keeping myself restrained.

I'd gladly baseball bat beat someone to death for mid table obscurity.

Fighting relegation most seasons eventually takes Its toll.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Sir Marti on 23:18 - Mar 7 with 595 viewsbosh67

Sir Marti on 22:11 - Mar 7 by ted_hendrix

I'd imagine Cifuentes would be the first to say he's achieved nothing yet.

He's been superb for us nobody can deny that but we're in a very precarious league position at the moment along with 9 maybe 10 or so other clubs and until we are safe in this league I'm keeping myself restrained.

I'd gladly baseball bat beat someone to death for mid table obscurity.

Fighting relegation most seasons eventually takes Its toll.

I agree Ted

The guy is absolutely different gravy to anything we've had here in ages but he still has to somehow limp us over the line to safety. To even get us to this point with a chance of staying up is miraculous considering where we were. I hope he can use his obvious tactical abilities to some how see us stay up.

His effect on players and fans reminds me of the spell that De Canio had here. Someone who came into a similar rudderless sinking situation and created a team that played its way to safety in truly entertaining musketeer style. De Canio left to save his marriage a hero here. IF... Marti can pull off a similar miracle with this team then...

Well he probably won't have to save his marriage. Many female fans want to marry him anyway. F*ck, if he keeps us up, I'll marry him!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Sir Marti on 00:35 - Mar 8 with 526 viewsSydneyRs

Sir Marti on 12:59 - Mar 7 by HammersmithR

Brighton themselves are getting pilfered by the likes of Chelsea. Modern football is so wonderful.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024