Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season 10:31 - Apr 19 with 3938 viewsrsonist

"I think it would be difficult for Ali if Harry Redknapp is there. After all, he wasn’t giving him much chance after he took over. But Ali loves London and he loves QPR, where he would be delighted to return if they want him.

“He has a year left on his contract, and he wants to go somewhere where he can play regularly. It’s all about playing games for him.”

“If there is a place for Alejandro because QPR have a change of heart we would want to explore all options.”

http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2013/04/qpr-transfers-alejandro-faurlin-palerm
Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 10:39 - Apr 19 with 3011 viewsYorkRanger

Hard to believe there isn't a role for Faurlin in our championship squad.
Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 10:41 - Apr 19 with 2989 viewsgobbles

Faurlin's agent does such a good job for him. That essentially is him saying he wants Redknapp sacked.
Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 10:42 - Apr 19 with 2984 viewsblacky200

We have to get AF back. He is exactly the sort of player we should be fighting to keep. He has the talent, is young and still learning, and will have a resale value.
Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 10:45 - Apr 19 with 2972 viewsqprmick

Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 10:42 - Apr 19 by blacky200

We have to get AF back. He is exactly the sort of player we should be fighting to keep. He has the talent, is young and still learning, and will have a resale value.

....but he has hardly figured for Palermo so we have no idea how his fitness is, in respect of his injury.

Qprmick

Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 10:45 - Apr 19 with 2972 viewsozexile

Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 10:41 - Apr 19 by gobbles

Faurlin's agent does such a good job for him. That essentially is him saying he wants Redknapp sacked.

I really hope someone at the club can have a word with redknapp and tell him to give Faurlin a good pre season and witness an amazing player.
Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 10:46 - Apr 19 with 2968 viewsTW_R

Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 10:42 - Apr 19 by blacky200

He's 26.
Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 10:49 - Apr 19 with 2955 viewsHunterhoop

We'd be absolutely mad not to have him hear next season.

Whether he's quite the player he was, whether he can return to that level at some in the future are of secondary concern when we're in the Championship next season. He was and in still the best passer of the ball in our squad and his movement (to find himself space to receive a pass) is better than Mbia, Derry, Granero, Jenas, etc.

Strength, pace, confidence may be shot but TF, Beard and 'Arry deservce shooting if they jettision him.

COACH PLAYERS WHO CARE AND WE KNOW HAVE DELIVERED FOR US.
Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 10:51 - Apr 19 with 2944 viewsHunterhoop

Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 10:46 - Apr 19 by TW_R

He's 26.

26 is young! I am 26. It's definitely young.

Midfielders peak around 28-30 anyway, IMO.
Login to get fewer ads

Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 10:59 - Apr 19 with 2924 viewsGloucs_R

The problem is, he has one year left of his contract. So if he is good enough for the Championship but not the Prem and we keep him for a year, we risk losing out on a transfer fee for him.

Sell him now and make some money.
Keep him for a year, get promoted and lose that transfer revenue
Keep him for a year, and if we miss iut on promotion we can possibly extend his contract.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 11:06 - Apr 19 with 2894 viewsPinnerPaul

Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 10:51 - Apr 19 by Hunterhoop

I'm double that so " young at 26" gets my vote as well!
Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 11:08 - Apr 19 with 2885 viewsozexile

Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 10:59 - Apr 19 by Gloucs_R

The problem is, he has one year left of his contract. So if he is good enough for the Championship but not the Prem and we keep him for a year, we risk losing out on a transfer fee for him.

Keep him for a year, and if we miss iut on promotion we can possibly extend his contract.

Mmm my worry is if Harry doesn't rate him and he's only got a year left we'll sell her for peanuts. I think we will have a massive fire sale.
Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 11:16 - Apr 19 with 2868 viewsQPR_Jim

Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 10:59 - Apr 19 by Gloucs_R

Or give him a decent pre-season, review his contract in Nov to see how he's getting on. If he plays/trains well Harry will play him and give him an extension, if he's not the same player we will probably sell him for a low value in Dec.
Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 11:20 - Apr 19 with 2857 viewsBathRanger

Definately think we should give him a chance next year, assuming we are in the Championship. Playing at that level for a bit could be just what he needs to regain his form. And if he doesn't, at least we'll know and won't be left wondering what might have been.
Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 11:38 - Apr 19 with 2826 viewsTW_R

Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 10:51 - Apr 19 by Hunterhoop

Lol - it's all relative I guess.

But when you look at the likes of Rodwell, Wiltshire, Ramsey, Ox-Chamberlain etc who are in their low 20s it makes 26 sound old.
Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 11:45 - Apr 19 with 2808 viewsAntti_Heinola

He's not old. Dear God.

I don't think we should have allowed Ale to go out on loan to be honest. I'd still rather have him than Jenas, but that's just me.

When you start looking at our squad for next season, you want people that want to play for QPR, people not on extortionate wages and people that are good players. Ale is all of them. Unless an extremely good offer comes in for him - £3m or above (it won't) - we should absolutely be keeping him and then probably renewing his contract in Jan if things are going well.

Sometimes it does take players a year to come back properly from bad injuries, but with a proper pre-season I think Ale can do it. Certainly he can in the Championship. He was so important in our promotion season.

It's an odd one though because Harry said he had no intention of selling him, that he liked him, that he thought he had a great attitude - then he loaned him out. TF has said the plan was for Ale to come back fitter and stronger, so we can only hope that happens. It did take Harry ages to realise Bale was a really good player, so perhaps sometimes he's a bit slow on the uptake.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Bare bones.

Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 11:48 - Apr 19 with 2793 viewsadhoc_qpr

I say give him a chance - he was integral in our Championship winning team and is exactly the sort of right personality we want in the squad (and personality will be key).

Get him back in, give him a full pre-season and some decent game time and see how it goes.

If he turns out to be shot by injuries it's a real shame, but don't let Hughes botched, desperation rehabilitation finish him at the club without at least giving him another chance!
Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 12:57 - Apr 19 with 2669 viewsrsonist

Redknapp could justifiably reason that in a relegation fight he couldn't afford to persevere with rehabilitating players. Next season he won't have that excuse, especially given how he's already laid the blame for failure on not having committed "good characters" at the club, which Faurlin irrefutably is.

Even if he's not quite back at his best, a Faurlin after an intensive pre-season should still have more than enough in his locker to be effective in the Championship.
Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 13:01 - Apr 19 with 2649 viewsrsonist

Then again Redknapp's opinion probably stems from the MK Dons debacle in which you can't really deny Faurlin struggled. (As did Granero and Park who he kept around)

Afterwards he dismissively remarked "Ali Faurlin, who you tell me lots of clubs want to buy"...
Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 13:02 - Apr 19 with 2646 viewsNorthernr

Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 11:45 - Apr 19 by Antti_Heinola

He's not old. Dear God.

I don't think we should have allowed Ale to go out on loan to be honest. I'd still rather have him than Jenas, but that's just me.

When you start looking at our squad for next season, you want people that want to play for QPR, people not on extortionate wages and people that are good players. Ale is all of them. Unless an extremely good offer comes in for him - £3m or above (it won't) - we should absolutely be keeping him and then probably renewing his contract in Jan if things are going well.

Sometimes it does take players a year to come back properly from bad injuries, but with a proper pre-season I think Ale can do it. Certainly he can in the Championship. He was so important in our promotion season.

It's an odd one though because Harry said he had no intention of selling him, that he liked him, that he thought he had a great attitude - then he loaned him out. TF has said the plan was for Ale to come back fitter and stronger, so we can only hope that happens. It did take Harry ages to realise Bale was a really good player, so perhaps sometimes he's a bit slow on the uptake.

"It's an odd one though because Harry said he had no intention of selling him, that he liked him, that he thought he had a great attitude - then he loaned him out."

I'm amazed anybody still believes anything Redknapp ever says. Not knocking the guy, it's the way he operates and it works for him in the transfer market, but if he told me it was Friday today I'd seek a second opinion.
Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 13:08 - Apr 19 with 2621 viewsadhoc_qpr

I don't think it's fair to judge Ale after being parachuted half fit and very rusty into a shocking midfield in a horribly off form team.

As for his loan spell at Palermo, they are pretty much the Italian equivalent of us aren't they? Multiple managerial changes, facing relegation, no stability etc etc
Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 13:19 - Apr 19 with 2602 viewsQPunkR

Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 13:02 - Apr 19 by Northernr

"It's an odd one though because Harry said he had no intention of selling him, that he liked him, that he thought he had a great attitude - then he loaned him out."

I'm amazed anybody still believes anything Redknapp ever says. Not knocking the guy, it's the way he operates and it works for him in the transfer market, but if he told me it was Friday today I'd seek a second opinion.

I'm with you on this completely. The phrase 'dodgy geezer' was invented for Arry...or Rosie47, I forget which is which but they are DEFINITELY SEPERATE ENTITIES.

Ale simply should not be sold in the summer, full-stop. Even if he's only 80% of the player he was before injury, he's worth having in the squad at the very least. Seems to like the Club and actively wants to play here, what've we got to lose?
Unfortunately Arry likes to replace like for like for an expensive price, rather than sticking with what he's got

QPR - "shit but local"

Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 13:29 - Apr 19 with 2586 viewskingo

Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 11:45 - Apr 19 by Antti_Heinola

He's not old. Dear God.

I don't think it is a case of HR not rating him. I was told that after he played a game that he had a reaction in his knee and he took time to recover from that. I would imagine that HR felt he couldn't risk that in a relegation scrap and sent him to a warmer climate, where recovery is quicker, to fins out if this was a career ending problem or just a case of him being brouight back too quickly.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 13:36 - Apr 19 with 2567 viewssimmo

Bring him back, show him love, manage him correctly, watch him shine.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 13:44 - Apr 19 with 2543 views18StoneOfHoop

Another Faurlin fan here.Hoping he returns back at HQ next season and eventually adapts to his injury damage as well as Kevin Gallen did to his.

Kenny Dalglish did not join Liverpool until August 1977 at the age of 26.

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 14:10 - Apr 19 with 2503 viewshoops_legend

Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 13:44 - Apr 19 by 18StoneOfHoop

Another Faurlin fan here.Hoping he returns back at HQ next season and eventually adapts to his injury damage as well as Kevin Gallen did to his.

Kenny Dalglish did not join Liverpool until August 1977 at the age of 26.

I would rather Harry goes than Faurlin and that is the truth. Genuinely seems to care for QPR... and is a class act

Even this season he has been fantastic in some games..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024