Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great Report From Neil Dejyothin 21:17 - May 13 with 1612 viewsmichael67

Our LFW photographer writes a great, if moving report. Worthy of linking here.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/features-comment/why-it-was-so-important-that-qpr

Poll: Do you enjoy NorthermRs presser posts, and wish to see them every week?

Great Report From Neil Dejyothin on 21:42 - May 13 with 1542 viewsMedwayR

Excellent piece of writing, sad about his Dad but what a great Dad to make sure Neil was able to keep on going to rangers, with Neil acting on behalf of fans for QPR1st I hope he knows what a positive impact his selfless act has had 20years later.

Poll: Who’s better?

Great Report From Neil Dejyothin on 21:47 - May 13 with 1518 viewstinhead

Brilliant piece Neil. Keep up the good work with QPR1st

Puny God!

Great Report From Neil Dejyothin on 22:04 - May 13 with 1463 viewsNeil_SI

Thanks lads, that’s really nice of you to say and appreciated.

Not been around or posting much lately as I've been a bit down about it all, and deep down, I'm a really sore loser. ;)

But hopefully things like this can help to give us that fresh impetus and push we need going into next season.
Great Report From Neil Dejyothin on 22:14 - May 13 with 1420 viewsLblock

Big thumbs up for this

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Great Report From Neil Dejyothin on 22:17 - May 13 with 1407 viewsderbyhoop

Great Report From Neil Dejyothin on 22:04 - May 13 by Neil_SI

Thanks lads, that’s really nice of you to say and appreciated.

Not been around or posting much lately as I've been a bit down about it all, and deep down, I'm a really sore loser. ;)

But hopefully things like this can help to give us that fresh impetus and push we need going into next season.

Well put, Neil. Seems like the club are starting to get the message about what our club stands for.

"I'm a really sore loser. ;) ". Pity some of the players aren't.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Great Report From Neil Dejyothin on 22:30 - May 13 with 1353 viewsPey

Good piece Neil, like always you bring sense and thought in your contribution to this forum.
Great Report From Neil Dejyothin on 22:33 - May 13 with 1353 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Great Report From Neil Dejyothin on 22:17 - May 13 by derbyhoop

Well put, Neil. Seems like the club are starting to get the message about what our club stands for.

"I'm a really sore loser. ;) ". Pity some of the players aren't.

"Don’t price us out. Price us in."

Superb piece, Neil, and a great motto at the end. Excellent logic and excellent writing.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Great Report From Neil Dejyothin on 22:51 - May 13 with 1300 viewsozexile

Wonderful article well done.
Login to get fewer ads

Great Report From Neil Dejyothin on 23:25 - May 13 with 1225 viewsN12Hoop

Superb moving article. When I started going around 1980 I recall it was around £3.50 or something similar to get in. Even allowing for inflation, current prices are completely out of step with reasonableness. Back then you could still afford to make it a family day out. This season a day out at QPR with the family is going to set you back over £100. It's a joke. At some clubs it's costing over £1k a season.

All the talk about the great spectacle and the greatest league is crap. Sky have helped take football away from many people who have the most passion for the game. Instead we have so called fans in the game who probably won't be around to watch if and when 'team' starts faltering.

Hopefully our return to the Championship and a return to more affordable tickets will help reconnect the club with some of our true fans who have been priced out of the game. If that happens then relegation may be worth it.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Great Report From Neil Dejyothin on 23:44 - May 13 with 1197 viewsNeil_SI

Great Report From Neil Dejyothin on 23:25 - May 13 by N12Hoop

Superb moving article. When I started going around 1980 I recall it was around £3.50 or something similar to get in. Even allowing for inflation, current prices are completely out of step with reasonableness. Back then you could still afford to make it a family day out. This season a day out at QPR with the family is going to set you back over £100. It's a joke. At some clubs it's costing over £1k a season.

All the talk about the great spectacle and the greatest league is crap. Sky have helped take football away from many people who have the most passion for the game. Instead we have so called fans in the game who probably won't be around to watch if and when 'team' starts faltering.

Hopefully our return to the Championship and a return to more affordable tickets will help reconnect the club with some of our true fans who have been priced out of the game. If that happens then relegation may be worth it.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

I also remember when my ticket was £3.50.

My memory may be hazy about the specifics, but I always remember being amazed by the increase in price from season to season. I think it went to £4.50 then £5.50 and then jumped to £7.50 and then £10.

In those days, a 50p increase seemed like a big deal, so a whole pound was outrageous in terms of how inflation seemed on other things to me as a kid.

My Dad could only afford to give me 20p pocket money to go to the sweet shop every week, so either I had two chomp bars (great value at 10p a pop) or some penny sweets...or a packet of Panini stickers.

When stickers moved to 22p and then 25p, it really irritated the hell out of me as a boy and there were lots of things that sat between 21p to 30p that made life difficult on a weekly basis when you only had 20p to spend.

p.s. thank you to all for the very nice comments, am very touched, but, there will be many out there with similar stories of their own.
Great Report From Neil Dejyothin on 23:45 - May 13 with 1194 viewseastside_r

Nice piece Neil. Keep the faith.
Great Report From Neil Dejyothin on 00:05 - May 14 with 1165 viewsbrewers_hoop

Great Report From Neil Dejyothin on 23:44 - May 13 by Neil_SI

I also remember when my ticket was £3.50.

My memory may be hazy about the specifics, but I always remember being amazed by the increase in price from season to season. I think it went to £4.50 then £5.50 and then jumped to £7.50 and then £10.

In those days, a 50p increase seemed like a big deal, so a whole pound was outrageous in terms of how inflation seemed on other things to me as a kid.

My Dad could only afford to give me 20p pocket money to go to the sweet shop every week, so either I had two chomp bars (great value at 10p a pop) or some penny sweets...or a packet of Panini stickers.

When stickers moved to 22p and then 25p, it really irritated the hell out of me as a boy and there were lots of things that sat between 21p to 30p that made life difficult on a weekly basis when you only had 20p to spend.

p.s. thank you to all for the very nice comments, am very touched, but, there will be many out there with similar stories of their own.

'Many more with stories of their own' indeed but very few able to express them as well as you did in that article. Clive's always saying 'For gawd's sake don't get Neil on the podcast, nobody else will get a word in' (although I bet Finney would find a way) but this was a very succinct, flowing piece that perfectly encapsulated the sadly inevitable drift from working man's game to prawn sandwich brigade.
Great Report From Neil Dejyothin on 00:26 - May 14 with 1142 viewsNorthernr

Great Report From Neil Dejyothin on 00:05 - May 14 by brewers_hoop

'Many more with stories of their own' indeed but very few able to express them as well as you did in that article. Clive's always saying 'For gawd's sake don't get Neil on the podcast, nobody else will get a word in' (although I bet Finney would find a way) but this was a very succinct, flowing piece that perfectly encapsulated the sadly inevitable drift from working man's game to prawn sandwich brigade.

He'd have to keep it a bit shorter than his performance in the Crown on Sunday night. Started talking about a new manager and 48 minutes later was still talking. It was like that scene on Airplane where people were hanging themselves
Great Report From Neil Dejyothin on 01:29 - May 14 with 1107 viewsstowmarketrange

How many kids go on their own to Rangers now?And how many can afford to?
I was first taken to QPR in 1970-71 and dropped off to stand alone(aged 10) in the paddocks,as my mum's mate had a seat upstairs.It was only 1 shilling &3d to get in and 2 & 6d for adults.
I know I wouldn't have let my kids go to football on their own at that age.A whole generation of kids are missing out on the experience of watching live football because of the cost.
Great Report From Neil Dejyothin on 05:05 - May 14 with 1061 viewsDesertBoot

That piece in keeping with all your writing on here Neil. Brilliant.
Blimey to think we used to watch genes for the same price as a match programme.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Great Report From Neil Dejyothin on 06:26 - May 14 with 1043 viewsBushman

50p for "boys" when I started going through the turnstiles to the loft in the 70's with quite a few who were a lot older than 14.

When you think a pint was a lot less at that time it shows how much the cost of going has rocketed in comparison to inflation.

Mind you can't knock the under 8's free policy.

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Great Report From Neil Dejyothin on 06:51 - May 14 with 1025 viewsdistortR

Great Report From Neil Dejyothin on 06:26 - May 14 by Bushman

50p for "boys" when I started going through the turnstiles to the loft in the 70's with quite a few who were a lot older than 14.

When you think a pint was a lot less at that time it shows how much the cost of going has rocketed in comparison to inflation.

Mind you can't knock the under 8's free policy.

I live in the Isle of Man now, and the cost of tickets combined with the most expensive, dirty bit of sea in west Europe means I haven't been this season. My boys are desperate to go, and I feel it would be selfish to go on my own and deny them the 'pleasure' of watching those keepers of the hooped chalice. But £120+ just for tickets is a killer.
But it's fecking every everything these days. My daughters primary school are doing 4 days in Wales and want over £300 quid. So now I have the heartache of telling her we can't afford it, despite me working 50hrs a week. I find many of these trips are excluding a lot of kids these days, and it's simply unfair on the poor kids and their self-chastising parents.
I could go on, and on, and on and on and on....
But I wouldn't want to burden you with my problems
Great Report From Neil Dejyothin on 09:21 - May 14 with 918 viewsTearsOfaClown

We need People Prices.

We should get rid of season tickets and give everyone a fair chance of seeing games.

I can't afford a season ticket but this does not mean I am not a fan.

We do not need the revenue of high seat prices.

We need a larger fan base.

When I started watching from 1965 my whole family could afford to go. I think the programme cost the same as my junior ticket.
Great Report From Neil Dejyothin on 11:28 - May 14 with 853 viewsisawqpratwcity

Nice piece, Neil, and thanks for posting michael67.

As I slipped into a post the other day, when I went to Loftus Road (or, more usually, School End), it was 2/6d, plus a bob for the programme. So, 5-7 times the cost of a Mars bar.

This isn't the time for a rant on the evils of capitalism, but I do feel for the supporters who can't afford to go. I think that German 100 quid season ticket was a stunt, but it's an ideal all clubs could aspire to. In the Premier at least, ticket sales are only a very minor fraction compared to TV income, never mind whatever other sponsorship or merchandise income there is. Fill the ground with home supporters and see what happens!

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Great Report From Neil Dejyothin on 13:17 - May 14 with 774 viewsCharlie1

It's not just the cost, but the lack of enjoyment.

Anyway, great piece Neil!

2:59 baby!

Great Report From Neil Dejyothin on 14:05 - May 14 with 742 viewsjonno

Great Report From Neil Dejyothin on 11:28 - May 14 by isawqpratwcity

Nice piece, Neil, and thanks for posting michael67.

As I slipped into a post the other day, when I went to Loftus Road (or, more usually, School End), it was 2/6d, plus a bob for the programme. So, 5-7 times the cost of a Mars bar.

This isn't the time for a rant on the evils of capitalism, but I do feel for the supporters who can't afford to go. I think that German 100 quid season ticket was a stunt, but it's an ideal all clubs could aspire to. In the Premier at least, ticket sales are only a very minor fraction compared to TV income, never mind whatever other sponsorship or merchandise income there is. Fill the ground with home supporters and see what happens!

"So, 5-7 times the cost of a Mars bar"

And that is exactly the point. Ticket prices now are obscene in comparison to what they used to be. A Mars bar in the machine where I work is 47p.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024