Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
1990 team v Leeds v today 21:31 - Aug 30 with 2144 viewsbullythebear

QPR: Stejskal, Parker, McDonald, Maddix, Sansom, Bardsley, Wilkins, Barker, Sinton, Ferdinand (Falco), Wegerle

Not a single one of our players this year or last would replace any of that lot from 1990. That was some team.
1990 team v Leeds v today on 21:33 - Aug 30 with 2140 viewskingsburyR

Clint Hill for Macca?

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

1990 team v Leeds v today on 21:38 - Aug 30 with 2119 viewsbullythebear

I Love Clint but you are joking?
1990 team v Leeds v today on 21:40 - Aug 30 with 2113 viewsCamberleyR

1990 team v Leeds v today on 21:33 - Aug 30 by kingsburyR

Clint Hill for Macca?

Sacrilege

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

1990 team v Leeds v today on 22:04 - Aug 30 with 2072 viewsthame_hoops

Was this the game when we went 3-0 down in first half and the loft invaded the pitch with 'we want Thompson out' ?
1990 team v Leeds v today on 22:07 - Aug 30 with 2067 viewsWatford_Ranger

As someone who just missed this team, was Barker all that?
1990 team v Leeds v today on 22:40 - Aug 30 with 2028 viewshamptonhillhoop

1990 team v Leeds v today on 22:07 - Aug 30 by Watford_Ranger

As someone who just missed this team, was Barker all that?

Bit of a boo boy for some, but on his day was excellent and scored a lot of goals from midfield. Played 400 games for us. Not bad considering most of us thought we signed him by mistake and it should have been Simon garner. That rangers team up until the end of the 94,95 season was my most enjoyable time watching us
[Post edited 30 Aug 2013 22:42]
1990 team v Leeds v today on 23:33 - Aug 30 with 1978 viewskensalriser

That was a pretty damned good team. Sansom probably a bit past his best and Falco wasn't ever that good but hard to argue with the rest even if Mavis outstayed his welcome in the end.

Clint for Macca is truly absurd even if they share the same consistency of purpose.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

1990 team v Leeds v today on 00:03 - Aug 31 with 1956 viewsloftboy

It was stejskals debut, conceded two in 15 minutes and looked like a rabbit caught in headlights. Grew into the game and when starch an blazed a penalty over the bar I knew it would be our day. Mind you I did call Wegerle a greedy bastard after he beat the 4th player before scoring that goal.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Login to get fewer ads

1990 team v Leeds v today on 00:45 - Aug 31 with 1932 viewsNov77

In our list of number 10s where would people place wegerle?

I've got marsh, Bowles and currie down as untouchables.

Purely subjective and based on who you enjoyed watching most, where would you place the others: Stainrod, Byrne, wegerle and taarabt?

Fwiw, I think wegerle just edges it for me, then taarabt, stainrod and Byrne

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

1990 team v Leeds v today on 02:16 - Aug 31 with 1904 viewsgobbles

1990 team v Leeds v today on 00:45 - Aug 31 by Nov77

In our list of number 10s where would people place wegerle?

I've got marsh, Bowles and currie down as untouchables.

Purely subjective and based on who you enjoyed watching most, where would you place the others: Stainrod, Byrne, wegerle and taarabt?

Fwiw, I think wegerle just edges it for me, then taarabt, stainrod and Byrne

I would have Stainrod above Currie, who was the only one in the list not to play for QPR in the top flight.
1990 team v Leeds v today on 02:18 - Aug 31 with 1904 viewsSonofNorfolt

Looking back that is a well balanced, and good side.
Barker was a good player, who had scored 18 goals from midfield for Blackburn when we signed him, and was rated as one of the signings of the summer at the time.
Don't under estimate Mark Falco too, his goalscoring record for us was decent and he never let us down.
As for the No.10's, this will always court disagreement.
Rod and Stan are the original two, but should be joined by Adel in my eyes.
Stainrod and Wegerle are up there, and to a lesser extent Byrne, who was often non existent away from home, and at home for that matter.
Tony Currie was here too late in his career, and really did not play enough to merit comparison.
Dominic Iorfa anyone?
1990 team v Leeds v today on 02:47 - Aug 31 with 1899 viewsqueensparker

What a great team that was. Even then we were hopeless in most away games, but we could have beaten any team in the land at home (and often did).

In the absence of any really bad players "Mavis" Barker was the boo-boy of that squad, but him and Holloway let Wilkins play, and Super Ray approaching the end of his career picking out Sir Les at will was tough for anyone.

In terms of number 10s I'd put Adel abpve Wegerle. Wegerle was more laid back, and didn't really turn it on every game (in fact he got a lot of stick when we first bought him). I've never seen skills like Adel's game in game out in a Rangers shirt (too young for Marsh / Bowles).
1990 team v Leeds v today on 07:33 - Aug 31 with 1851 viewsN12Hoop

1990 team v Leeds v today on 02:47 - Aug 31 by queensparker

What a great team that was. Even then we were hopeless in most away games, but we could have beaten any team in the land at home (and often did).

In the absence of any really bad players "Mavis" Barker was the boo-boy of that squad, but him and Holloway let Wilkins play, and Super Ray approaching the end of his career picking out Sir Les at will was tough for anyone.

In terms of number 10s I'd put Adel abpve Wegerle. Wegerle was more laid back, and didn't really turn it on every game (in fact he got a lot of stick when we first bought him). I've never seen skills like Adel's game in game out in a Rangers shirt (too young for Marsh / Bowles).

This was a great team. Parker's always been one of my all time favourites and that back 4 as a whole was an excellent unit. Couldn't have been too long after that that we had Sinclair and impey whizzing down the wings and that was exciting to watch also.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

1990 team v Leeds v today on 08:44 - Aug 31 with 1808 viewskingsburyR

For the record I was joking about Hill over Macca.

It was a well balanced team back then and I always fancied ourselves against anyone (except Maunre).

I don't know why but the stand out game back then was beating Arsenal in the lashing rain. Standing lower loft soaked to the skin. 3-1 I think. Many other games worth a mention but that's a stand out from that time for me!

As for Barker I thought he was thoroughly under rated player. Good box to box, got you goals and did his business without fuss. Remember that game against Liverpool. Did he get both?

No.10's is always hard. Adel didn't do it in the top division for us consistently. Others on the list did. Wegerle was different from Adel who was different from Rodney etc.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

1990 team v Leeds v today on 10:26 - Aug 31 with 1762 viewscheeseydane

1990 team v Leeds v today on 07:33 - Aug 31 by N12Hoop

This was a great team. Parker's always been one of my all time favourites and that back 4 as a whole was an excellent unit. Couldn't have been too long after that that we had Sinclair and impey whizzing down the wings and that was exciting to watch also.

That back 4 was good, but was improved not long after when a certain Clive Wilson replaced Sansom.

Oh how i yearn for those days again.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

1990 team v Leeds v today on 12:34 - Aug 31 with 1701 viewspaulparker

1990 team v Leeds v today on 23:33 - Aug 30 by kensalriser

That was a pretty damned good team. Sansom probably a bit past his best and Falco wasn't ever that good but hard to argue with the rest even if Mavis outstayed his welcome in the end.

Clint for Macca is truly absurd even if they share the same consistency of purpose.

Falco was the dogs danglies
the best at Hitting a volley ive seen in our shirt , him and Wegerle were a very underated combo,
also Barker at round the 89-90-& 90-91 seasons was a very consitent midfielder and was very unlucky not to be taken to the 1990 world cup England Squad
give me Falco over Zamora & Barker over Barton all day long

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

1990 team v Leeds v today on 12:53 - Aug 31 with 1695 viewsingeminate

Only switch would be ned for maddix and that would be marginal, wonderful team

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024