Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When is a party not a party? 'Arry's presser will tell us 10:47 - Dec 11 with 11119 viewsNorthernr

Updates on the difference between a Sunday lunch and a party, a Robbie Keane and a Jermain Defoe, and a couple of old stories about Gareff Bale to follow...

Morning lads, morning morning. Alright mate. Awright? Good.

Darmeshth Sethshthsh is the Sky wnkr.

Charlie is suspended. Few days yet, waiting to see who's fit. Pretty fit squad. one or two knocks, wait and see.

Charlie's done very well, scored goals, first year in the Prem, got to keep going rest of the season, capable of 20 goals, be a great first year for him if he can do that.

We've got to find a different approach. Searching for a formula that will get us some away points. We've had Charlie away from home and got no points, now no Charlie we'll have to find a way.

Caulker is fine. Recovered. Got a bang on the 'ed.

They went aght for Sunday lunch, a few, not all ov em. A group went out and 'ad a Sunday lunch., Caulker fell over. I can't be wiv em 24 hours a day. He's recovered. That was it. I didn't know anything abaght it until Monday morning. Didn't think it warranted front page, More important stuff in the world than Steven Caulker falling over and banging his head. Small group went aght for Sunday lunch, they were entitled to do it.

Did he fall over because he was pissd?

Nagh don't ask me. He fell over somehow. I don't know the situation. Fell ova, banged his head. Done and dusted. Not a minute's bovver. Monday night at Everton.

Haven't spoke to Fill or the Chairman. We move on to the next game.

Got no time for footballers going out 'aving a jolly up over Christmas. They went for Sunday lunch, it wasn't a party. There were Palace players and other people there. It wasn't a club. Few lads 'ad Sunday lunch together.

'Asn't damaged anyfing (apart from Caulker's 'ead) one of them fell over and banged is 'ead. Not a problem.

The form has been good lately. The recent home games epecially going back to Liverpool which we lost and didn't deserve to lose. Been fentastic. Great results. Good form. Need some points away from home now, that's key.

Everton very 'ard. One of the best teams in the league. Got to find a way of getting some points.

Gotta go away from home, due some points, not an easy place to go, very 'ard.

Here we go. Transfer window.

Robbie Keane fentastic playa. Best prfessionals I've ever come across. Went over to US not for a holiday but best player in the league. Never made an enquiry. He belongs to LA Galaxy, they won't let him go, star man, star playa in the league, fentastic footballer, loves his mum. First I heard of it was what I saw in the paper (which 'Arry does't read).

Not spoken to the boy Jermain. Enquired in the summer. Too expensive. Couldn't do the deal. Expensive deals not deals we're able to do. Good player, top top playa, his age, the money they won't get that back.

We need a couple. Tight at the bottom. Everybody down there will look to improve. If we can find a couple to make a difference we'll do that.

'Aven't seen the Christmas video. I'll put it on Christmas Day. 'Av a sing song.

Top seven should be quite easy to pick, same teams, but at the moment one or two overs, West Aghm, Liverpool, Tottenham 'aven't found the form we fought they would but there's a long way to go, very 'ard.

Taff away games, balances out the home games we've had, mostly played teams in the bottom half, been great at home, it all balances out (you play everybody twice apparently) the rest of the teams down there 'aven't been winning away either but we need away points.

Very knowledgeable football people at Everton, they understand the game, Merseyside is the most knowledgeable football fans in the country.

Early in the season they missed the pre-season, wasn't their fitness and hadn't loked after themselves, they just needed games. The recent form has been exellent, couldn't ask for more, real crunch games, six pointers, Villa, Leicester, Burnley. Great performances from the team. Couldn't be more pleased. Even away from home we're playing better, late goals at Newcastle, Chelsea and Swansea, big improvement away from home, need to turn that intop points.

Taff period, very 'ard, need squad and everybody available. Every playa will play a part (apart from SWP and Adel) games come thick and fast. Very 'ard.

And they're all upstanding for Roll out the Barrel as per...

This post has been edited by an administrator
When is a party not a party? 'Arry's presser will tell us on 11:59 - Dec 11 with 3826 viewsPinnerPaul

Thanks Clive

Usual groundbreaking stuff, you could have pretty much written that yesterday.

Could have substituted the Man fFalls Over questions with a more wide reaching discussion on why, at the top level, away form IS so different to home form - not just us, but all teams.

Luxury travel, experienced players, same pitch/laws as home but everyone plays miles better at home - why?

Nope - lets not ask something like that, lets ask Harry 17 questions about the "party/brawl"
When is a party not a party? 'Arry's presser will tell us on 12:16 - Dec 11 with 3786 viewsTacticalR

Bangs on the head are ruining the game.

Air hostess clique

When is a party not a party? 'Arry's presser will tell us on 12:22 - Dec 11 with 3761 viewsrsonist

Difficult to read these now and not fill in the PARKLIFE!s yourself.
When is a party not a party? 'Arry's presser will tell us on 12:27 - Dec 11 with 3749 viewstraininvain

Merseyside is the most knowledgeable football fans in the country.

Did he honestly say that?
When is a party not a party? 'Arry's presser will tell us on 13:40 - Dec 11 with 3506 viewsR_from_afar

Did QPR contravene any financial fair play laws by letting its players pay for Sunday lunch? Did we send UEFA the requisite forms in time when Caulker went to have his mortal wound tended?

Probably...

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

When is a party not a party? 'Arry's presser will tell us on 14:13 - Dec 11 with 3425 viewsAgedR

And this, gentlemen, is why LFW is the best fans site in the country.

Simply fentastic

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

When is a party not a party? 'Arry's presser will tell us on 14:40 - Dec 11 with 3365 viewsWilloW4

When is a party not a party? 'Arry's presser will tell us on 12:27 - Dec 11 by traininvain

Merseyside is the most knowledgeable football fans in the country.

Did he honestly say that?

And..."we need to find a formula, away from home!"... Yeah, you do redknapp, nearly Xmas, maybe in the new year mate eh.!?
When is a party not a party? 'Arry's presser will tell us on 14:46 - Dec 11 with 3345 viewsPinnerPaul

When is a party not a party? 'Arry's presser will tell us on 14:40 - Dec 11 by WilloW4

And..."we need to find a formula, away from home!"... Yeah, you do redknapp, nearly Xmas, maybe in the new year mate eh.!?

http://www.soccerstats.com/homeaway.asp?league=england

Home record not too shabby though!
Login to get fewer ads

When is a party not a party? 'Arry's presser will tell us on 15:23 - Dec 11 with 3256 viewsWilloW4

When is a party not a party? 'Arry's presser will tell us on 14:46 - Dec 11 by PinnerPaul

http://www.soccerstats.com/homeaway.asp?league=england

Home record not too shabby though!

I'm aware of that Paul, away form is diabolical.. Who wrote in earlier post, not just us.. Which club in the premier league has a current record as bad as us then. Like you I want rangers playing well every game, but whilst that's not possible, I don't understand how redknapp is getting away with it.
When is a party not a party? 'Arry's presser will tell us on 17:03 - Dec 11 with 3103 viewsPinnerPaul

When is a party not a party? 'Arry's presser will tell us on 15:23 - Dec 11 by WilloW4

I'm aware of that Paul, away form is diabolical.. Who wrote in earlier post, not just us.. Which club in the premier league has a current record as bad as us then. Like you I want rangers playing well every game, but whilst that's not possible, I don't understand how redknapp is getting away with it.

That's my point he's in your words "getting away with it" because the home form is so good
When is a party not a party? 'Arry's presser will tell us on 17:05 - Dec 11 with 3098 viewsPinnerPaul

SSN's evening news "headlines"

Harry Redknapp explains why players won't be facing disciplinary action

Apart from the fact he does nothing of the sort in the press conference, I can't believe they are STILL trying to make something out of a complete no story.
When is a party not a party? 'Arry's presser will tell us on 17:17 - Dec 11 with 3072 viewsMarc

I see that 'ITK' account on twitter is piping up about your coverage of Harrys pressers
When is a party not a party? 'Arry's presser will tell us on 17:36 - Dec 11 with 3034 viewsNorthernr

When is a party not a party? 'Arry's presser will tell us on 17:17 - Dec 11 by Marc

I see that 'ITK' account on twitter is piping up about your coverage of Harrys pressers

Yeh could have done without that really. Had a bit of stick today. Some of it was justified and well expressed, some of it not. Probably knock this thread on the head now. Certainly not here to cause offence.
When is a party not a party? 'Arry's presser will tell us on 17:46 - Dec 11 with 3005 viewswhittocksRs

When is a party not a party? 'Arry's presser will tell us on 17:36 - Dec 11 by Northernr

Yeh could have done without that really. Had a bit of stick today. Some of it was justified and well expressed, some of it not. Probably knock this thread on the head now. Certainly not here to cause offence.

That's a shame mate, I think most Rangers fans, cockney or not, enjoy it and understand it's a bit of fun. If we can't laugh at ourselves etc.
When is a party not a party? 'Arry's presser will tell us on 17:49 - Dec 11 with 2994 viewsNorthernr

When is a party not a party? 'Arry's presser will tell us on 17:46 - Dec 11 by whittocksRs

That's a shame mate, I think most Rangers fans, cockney or not, enjoy it and understand it's a bit of fun. If we can't laugh at ourselves etc.

Well indeed, but when you start getting other QPR fans calling you scum and other QPR fans retweeting or favouriting it it's time to assess whether it's worth the hassle and in this case it's not. Like I say, not here to offend or wind up other QPR fans.
When is a party not a party? 'Arry's presser will tell us on 18:24 - Dec 11 with 2909 viewsShotKneesHoop

Who are these harrises who have criticised the Northen R presser reports? I think we should be told.

FMG.. it's Northern' spin on 'Arry's spin that makes the whole thing believable. And makes LFW worth reading, FFS.

Some fans aren't worthy of the name. They'll be tweeting that "the wee fellah deserves another chance" next.

Why don't these plastic up yer harris fans phoook orf to Chelscum, where "my club right or wrong" is their mantra.

Here at QPR, 95% of what happens is wrong, but we accept it because it's what QPR do.

We have a giggle about it and we carry on. Which is what you should do, Clive. Bollox to 'em.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2014 18:27]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

When is a party not a party? 'Arry's presser will tell us on 18:31 - Dec 11 with 2897 viewsscot1963

you can guarantee there is always someone eagerly waiting to be offended these days
When is a party not a party? 'Arry's presser will tell us on 19:04 - Dec 11 with 2826 viewskarl

When is a party not a party? 'Arry's presser will tell us on 18:31 - Dec 11 by scot1963

you can guarantee there is always someone eagerly waiting to be offended these days

Press conferences are, generally, another area of modern football thats a waste of time. Can't remember anything of significance said at them that good journalism wouldnt find out anyway.
This is just Clive's way of poking fun at the process as much is a laugh at Harry imo.
Anyone upset at this is a bit of a tube and if we can't laugh at ourselves then quite often there are bigger things to worry about
When is a party not a party? 'Arry's presser will tell us on 19:31 - Dec 11 with 2777 viewsQPRDave

Nuffin to do with me.....
When is a party not a party? 'Arry's presser will tell us on 19:49 - Dec 11 with 2746 viewsstansleftfoot

When is a party not a party? 'Arry's presser will tell us on 17:49 - Dec 11 by Northernr

Well indeed, but when you start getting other QPR fans calling you scum and other QPR fans retweeting or favouriting it it's time to assess whether it's worth the hassle and in this case it's not. Like I say, not here to offend or wind up other QPR fans.

"Irony is a form of utterance that postulates a double audience, consisting of one party that hearing shall hear and shall not understand, and another party that, when more is meant than meets the ear, is aware both of that more and of the outsiders' incomprehension."
-- Fowler's Modern English Usage.
I'll leave parody, satire and all the other powerful tools of the English language that North uses in his weekly letter to another day.....the reason I follow QPR is that there always appeared to be a balance of the brute force of the physical game combined with an intellectual approach to the higher thoughtful processes of the game.
The battle nowadays is that not only does our Manager appear to be dim, but actually makes no attempt to cover it up, whilst our owners who, in spite of proclaiming differently, seem to be as equally dim in their football, understandable perhaps, but also how they run their business.
As the Bob Dylan said, the machine won't work cause the vandles (vandals) got the handle....
When is a party not a party? 'Arry's presser will tell us on 19:59 - Dec 11 with 2733 views1BobbyHazell

When is a party not a party? 'Arry's presser will tell us on 17:49 - Dec 11 by Northernr

Really sorry to hear that Clive, don't let the Brain Dead get to you. What kind of idiot thinks these things deserve respect and reverence? I can only imagine they are the types who genuinely look forward to Shearer's Insight.

Outside of an actual match, 95% of football is complete bollox these days. What could any intelligent person do other than take the p1ss of these banal, pointless, repetetive, platitudinal gatherings.

Stay strong brother.
When is a party not a party? 'Arry's presser will tell us on 20:37 - Dec 11 with 2659 viewsDeano19766

When is a party not a party? 'Arry's presser will tell us on 18:24 - Dec 11 by ShotKneesHoop

Who are these harrises who have criticised the Northen R presser reports? I think we should be told.

FMG.. it's Northern' spin on 'Arry's spin that makes the whole thing believable. And makes LFW worth reading, FFS.

Some fans aren't worthy of the name. They'll be tweeting that "the wee fellah deserves another chance" next.

Why don't these plastic up yer harris fans phoook orf to Chelscum, where "my club right or wrong" is their mantra.

Here at QPR, 95% of what happens is wrong, but we accept it because it's what QPR do.

We have a giggle about it and we carry on. Which is what you should do, Clive. Bollox to 'em.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2014 18:27]

Hear hear. Sod the sad little miserable gits. People really do astound me
When is a party not a party? 'Arry's presser will tell us on 21:58 - Dec 11 with 2521 viewsYorkRanger

Shame Clive, I think most on here have enjoyed the parody. It's a bit of fun and it's clear to me no harm or malice is intended. I agree though if it starts to generate a load of abuse and aggravation for you then probably sensible to stop, you don't need that hassle.

For what it's worth I chuckled again today...
When is a party not a party? 'Arry's presser will tell us on 22:03 - Dec 11 with 2507 viewsPunteR

Keep up the good work clive.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

When is a party not a party? 'Arry's presser will tell us on 22:06 - Dec 11 with 2495 viewsShotKneesHoop

When is a party not a party? 'Arry's presser will tell us on 20:37 - Dec 11 by Deano19766

Hear hear. Sod the sad little miserable gits. People really do astound me

Clive.

Keep calm and carry on.

Bollox to 'em all.

Or as Bagpuss would say: "Top, top, fentestick job yer doowin, moi sun, it's 'ard, real 'ard innit? 'Eff to ev a wispa in Tone's shell loik fer sum moor riters in the transfah windah if yer chuck it in."
[Post edited 11 Dec 2014 22:09]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024