Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Palace 20:31 - Dec 28 with 1462 viewsAntti_Heinola

This won't take long. Note: There will be no knee jerks for the next two or three games due to other commitments. I know this will upset a lot of you.*

1. Boring. I guess it's difficult to judge just what is the most boring game you've ever been to. Once, around about the time we were bottoming out in League One, someone like Terrell Forbes sliced the ball out for a throw under no pressure and I stood up in the quiet that was being punctuated by half-hearted groans, and yelled: 'This is the worst game of football I have ever seen!' To which the bloke behind me said, 'You can't have been here last week.' I sat down, smiling - but when I thought about it, he was right. The previous week *had* been worse, I'd just forgotten, because, generally speaking, unmemorable matches are matches you don't remember. So was this the most boring match ever? Possibly. It's hard to tell. But it did feature two dire sides playing in a dire way for 90 dire minutes.

2. Vargas. When he had to explain to Karl Henry that he wanted a quick one-two, I really felt for him. Not absolving Vargas of blame as he didn't do much when he came on, but this is not the team or the tactics for him. He's being criminally wasted, but there's not really much that can be done about it under the current management.

3. Defence. You lot did your job pretty well.

4. Zamora. Well and truly sussed today. Not ever in the game.

5. Fer. Another one of 'those' games from Leroy. Fairly rubbish, except for one barnstorming shot that Speroni seemed incredibly well placed for. Not. A. Left. Winger. Spent most of his time in the middle - good job we had a marauding left back like Clint Hill to exploit that space on the left.

6. Um. That's it. I can't be bothered to make Captain Fantastic another knee jerk.

*I know it won't really.

Bare bones.

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Palace on 09:43 - Dec 29 with 1247 viewsterryb

Positives from this game.

1) I went home with my knees & shins free from having been rubbed raw! Not once did the excitement of the match cause them to make contact with the seat in front.

2) Isla.

3) Caulker

4) Henry. This is also a big negative as he was our best midfield passer of the ball. How many times in his career has that been said?

5) We have two Premier class 'keepers.

6) Surely the Swansea match MUST be better than that abysmal game.

I will miss you antti!
Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Palace on 10:09 - Dec 29 with 1214 viewsdaveB

It was a dire game, both sides looked pretty clueless. We needed Palace to come out and try and attack more so we could exploit the space but they sat deep second half and we looked pretty clueless in how to break them down. A lot of games like this one yesterday due to teams playing twice in 48 hours which is ridiculous but we were due a poor performance at home, main positive is we still got a point out of it.

I thought the booing at the end was odd and over the top, even though we were dull to watch can't fault the effort of the players again
Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Palace on 10:17 - Dec 29 with 1202 viewswestberksr

i for one am bitterly disappointed that you will not be able to provide your concise 6 point post match summary for the next few games*

agree with pretty much everything there, Vargas sat on the bench watching that must have wondered what the hell he did wrong in a former life to deserve that treatment!

Bobby in the pocket of their defenders when our attack was crying out for a few interchanges of passes and injection of pace (not likely from BZ!)

a complete non entity of a match from start to finish.

* actually won't miss them at all
Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Palace on 10:58 - Dec 29 with 1174 viewsTacticalR

1. Boring. I am not sure if it was the most boring match ever, but it was a match crying out for a moment of class to break the deadlock.

5. Fer. Yes, he didn't play that well and got shoved off the ball a couple of times. If anything it shows that if he doesn't play well then the team is not going to do well.

Air hostess clique

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Palace on 11:10 - Dec 29 with 1151 viewsparker64

1. Boring. Yes.
I went to Hendon V Wingate on Sat. Pay what you like. A fiver. 3-1. Missed pen. Two sent off. Local Derby game, plenty of action and needle and two sides wanting to win. Bloody freezing but it wasn't boring.
Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Palace on 11:31 - Dec 29 with 1112 viewsDiscodroids

1. boring , yes..but not as bad as watford away last year. will take 40 paracetomol, a tesco bag, elastic bands and tizer for an act of self deliverance if i ever see a game like that again.

2. vargas . the son of star treks t'pau is suffering from 'amok time' or 'pon farr' .

one goal in eleven and buzzing around horse shit like brundle fly is not winning me over.how much do napoli want for him?

can we just buy troy deeny instead?, you know, someone who has an end product and is effective in the english game.

having vargas at qpr is like getting jackson pollock to paint my shithouse.

3. defence. ..34 goals in 19 games ..crap.....yesterday ok. bring back ned.

4. zamora ...'grey friars'...'rigglefinch from troll hunter'...'a ray harryhausen stop motion effect'...'a totem pole'...'its -a- knockout stuart hall joker playing card '...jason and the argonauts 'argo' figurehead....'cloverfield'....'soiux war dance apache brave' ...'electric boog a loo'...'wilfred owens poem book'...' ancient god of stasis'..all have been described to show my love for this man..i can add no more.

but probably will.

never has the non goalscoring, immobile , slow,completely fkd role , been so overated .

he can 'run the channels', 'win the flick ons', 'work the center half', and 'create mayhem at free kicks' at another club, for god knows how many thousands of pounds per week .

really enough is enough now.

5. fer ..... left wing madness. move him to the right just behind charlie baby.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2014 11:41]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Palace on 11:45 - Dec 29 with 1083 viewsdaveB

don't get why you are so against Zamora, he's the best target man we have and does a good job for the team and in particular Charlie Austin. He didn't play well yesterday but he's been pretty good most games he's started for us this season
Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Palace on 12:39 - Dec 29 with 1008 views100percent

Zedinac sat in front of their back four and placed himself in front of BZ and just about won every long ball we hoofed down the pitch. In the 38th minute when green actually played the ball out short to caulker I stood up and gave a round of applause... only for them to start hoofing it up again.
we lacked creativity and spark. Its all well and good moaning about Barton taking all the corners and dead balls, but who else was going to take them? there was no one else on the pitch challenging him for the right....
Millen did his homework on us yesterday and blanked us out completely. it was crying out for someone to hold the ball and look up - just for a moment.... no one did.
Poor game with two poor sides.
didn't feel like we would lose the game but we definitely lacked spark going forward.
2 points dropped....
Login to get fewer ads

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Palace on 12:59 - Dec 29 with 973 viewsDiscodroids

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Palace on 11:45 - Dec 29 by daveB

don't get why you are so against Zamora, he's the best target man we have and does a good job for the team and in particular Charlie Austin. He didn't play well yesterday but he's been pretty good most games he's started for us this season

youre right. if only we could harness his omnipotent powers to take us to even greater heights .

the best target man at the club.

says it all really.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Palace on 13:20 - Dec 29 with 946 viewswestberksr

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Palace on 11:45 - Dec 29 by daveB

"he's the ONLY target man we have and does a good job for the team and in particular Charlie Austin. "

just edited that for you.

therein lies the problem, with no mobility and not scary enough for the old school CB's like Palarse have, he holds little in terms of tricks up his sleeve and therefore adds next to nothing, as clearly demonstrated. Also dictates the way the team play, so a counter productive self-fulfilling prophecy!
Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Palace on 13:22 - Dec 29 with 944 viewskensalriser

I make you right on Vargas, disco. No one else seems to want to admit it, but the lad just isn't effective. Makes the odd good run and pass, sure, but this is the Premier League and more than that is required.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Palace on 13:23 - Dec 29 with 942 viewsLoft1979

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Palace on 13:20 - Dec 29 by westberksr

"he's the ONLY target man we have and does a good job for the team and in particular Charlie Austin. "

therein lies the problem, with no mobility and not scary enough for the old school CB's like Palarse have, he holds little in terms of tricks up his sleeve and therefore adds next to nothing, as clearly demonstrated. Also dictates the way the team play, so a counter productive self-fulfilling prophecy!

So they put Mike Jediniak on him to keep him quiet or double teamed him. ....hmmm if I am BZ I am feeling quite chuffed.
Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Palace on 13:25 - Dec 29 with 930 viewsLoft1979

So they put Mike Jediniak on him to keep him quiet or double teamed him. ....hmmm if I am BZ I am feeling quite chuffed.
Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Palace on 13:50 - Dec 29 with 898 viewsrobith

I was sat with my mates yesterday who sit next to the dugout. Interestingly Fer stormed off down the tunnel when subbed and Ferdinand peeled off after him looking like he was going to have a stern word with him
Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Palace on 14:40 - Dec 29 with 861 viewsCroydonCaptJack

He might have added next to nothing yesterday but that sentence is harsh in the extreme. He was responsible for us making the playoffs last season, then the winning goal and has assisted in Charlies goals many times this season as well.
Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Palace on 22:37 - Dec 29 with 744 viewswestberksr

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Palace on 14:40 - Dec 29 by CroydonCaptJack

He might have added next to nothing yesterday but that sentence is harsh in the extreme. He was responsible for us making the playoffs last season, then the winning goal and has assisted in Charlies goals many times this season as well.

Only a reflection on the game yesterday and the fact that his strength is predominantly in using his physical presence, which is nullified by more physical defences who thrive on those battles.

Added to the total lack of pace throughout the side he and the others compound the problem.

What he did in the last month of last season was great, but I don't really see how that is relevant to the post mortem of yesterday's game. In august did any of us think Zamora would be the spearhead of our attack? No, thought not.

Charlie up top on his own didn't work so bobby got throw in to the job, if we had some pace from midfield and the wings or heaven forbid, some tactics we might have a few options. More of a issue with the fact that Zamora is plan A, B & C.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2014 22:44]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024