Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warburton leaving at the end of the season 16:57 - Feb 17 with 5058 viewsRANGERS4EVER

From Brentford. Would anyone take him?

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Warburton leaving at the end of the season on 16:58 - Feb 17 with 3792 viewsdaveB

Yes although if Ramsey does well and keeps us up then he'll deserve to stay in charge
Warburton leaving at the end of the season on 16:59 - Feb 17 with 3782 viewspaulparker

Yes Please

Perhaps he is the bloke TF was saying was his dream manager to take over next year

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Warburton leaving at the end of the season on 17:00 - Feb 17 with 3785 viewsdanehoop

I dont know. Maybe we should have a whole thread on it?

Again.

Never knowingly understood

Warburton leaving at the end of the season on 17:05 - Feb 17 with 3754 viewsganjR

If Ramsey keeps us up, he should get the job.
If we go down and Clement will take the job, then he'd be my choice.
I rate Warburton highly, but I think he's had decent money to spend there (by Brentfords standards) so, although it'd be his first managers job etc. I'd rather Clement.
Warburton leaving at the end of the season on 17:16 - Feb 17 with 3709 viewsadhoc_qpr

Clement would be an exciting gamble.

Warburton seems like a safe bet for a rebuild job in the Championship.

Ramsey is a complete unknown really, but after 13 games we'll have a better idea of what he brings to the table.

Whatever happens i'm a lot happier getting behind any of these guys than that miserable sod Redknapp who always acted like he was doing us a favour!
Warburton leaving at the end of the season on 17:20 - Feb 17 with 3700 viewsThGrimRanger

I'd like to know exactly what's going on behind the scenes over the last few weeks. You don't agree to replace a manager who is pushing for a double promotion with almost a third of the season to go.

...and I don't believe that "he didn't spend any money when offered it" nonsense as the reason.

Maybe he is the chosen one.

TheGrimRanger

Warburton leaving at the end of the season on 17:27 - Feb 17 with 3656 viewsHollowayRanger

Warburton leaving at the end of the season on 17:16 - Feb 17 by adhoc_qpr

Clement would be an exciting gamble.

Warburton seems like a safe bet for a rebuild job in the Championship.

Ramsey is a complete unknown really, but after 13 games we'll have a better idea of what he brings to the table.

Whatever happens i'm a lot happier getting behind any of these guys than that miserable sod Redknapp who always acted like he was doing us a favour!

me too

if ramsey keeps us up and things look good he keeps the job

if he keeps us up more by luck and the others being worse than us hmmmmmmmm maybe not if clement becomes available perhaps dropping back to assiatant or coach

if we go down then warburton would be a good choice to sort us out and rebuild us

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Warburton leaving at the end of the season on 17:39 - Feb 17 with 3629 viewsJonDoeman

Any news on what manager Brentford are after? Bet all this works out, he seems to be annoyingly clued up their owner!

It Is What It Is !!

Login to get fewer ads

Warburton leaving at the end of the season on 17:41 - Feb 17 with 3625 viewsqueensparker

Brentford appear to be "doing a QPR" after the greatest season I can remember them ever having.

Shame as I'd have loved them to go up (as long as we stayed up with them)
Warburton leaving at the end of the season on 17:50 - Feb 17 with 3588 viewsHayesender

Warburton leaving at the end of the season on 17:39 - Feb 17 by JonDoeman

Any news on what manager Brentford are after? Bet all this works out, he seems to be annoyingly clued up their owner!

The bloke at Rayo valecano (sp) I think

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Warburton leaving at the end of the season on 17:51 - Feb 17 with 3583 viewsLoft1979

Warburton leaving at the end of the season on 16:58 - Feb 17 by daveB

Yes although if Ramsey does well and keeps us up then he'll deserve to stay in charge

Ramsey strikes me as fitting either mold. He is not young at 52. He has a ton of experience.
My perspective: if he stays up bring in a good old head to add to his philosophy...Gerry Francis and other notables are very visible #2s. I see Paul Jewel was 'released' from a job lately. Or if relegated a seasoned 'championship' guy. Ollie?
Warburton leaving at the end of the season on 18:19 - Feb 17 with 3506 viewsjohncharles

We have a manager. His name is Chris Ramsey. He got us our first away win this season.
We have a manger.
Talk of anyone else is arrogant and rude and undermines our team's newly found confidence.

(and smells a bit like the Redknapp syndrome, Ooooo! who shall we have next from the big bag of sweeties.)

Strong and stable my arse.

Warburton leaving at the end of the season on 19:48 - Feb 17 with 3336 viewsadhoc_qpr

Warburton leaving at the end of the season on 18:19 - Feb 17 by johncharles

We have a manager. His name is Chris Ramsey. He got us our first away win this season.
We have a manger.
Talk of anyone else is arrogant and rude and undermines our team's newly found confidence.

(and smells a bit like the Redknapp syndrome, Ooooo! who shall we have next from the big bag of sweeties.)

Pretty sure Steve Gallen and Marc Bircham got an away win in their only match in charge - didn't make them the right choice for the fulltime job!

Ramsey knows he is in charge until the end of the season and after that anything can happen - it's hardly undermining to speculate on a message board, especially after TF's comments about 'dream managers'.

I'm sure Ramsey is delighted to get a 13 games interview for a managers job in the prem/champo - nobody at this level would have considered him previously!
Warburton leaving at the end of the season on 20:05 - Feb 17 with 3280 viewsMonahoop

Warburton leaving at the end of the season on 19:48 - Feb 17 by adhoc_qpr

Pretty sure Steve Gallen and Marc Bircham got an away win in their only match in charge - didn't make them the right choice for the fulltime job!

Ramsey knows he is in charge until the end of the season and after that anything can happen - it's hardly undermining to speculate on a message board, especially after TF's comments about 'dream managers'.

I'm sure Ramsey is delighted to get a 13 games interview for a managers job in the prem/champo - nobody at this level would have considered him previously!

If my memory serves me correctly, Gallen and Bircham's only game in charge saw us draw 2-2 with West Brom, the eventual champions of the Championship. It came after Magilton's sacking after the Buzacky affair at Watford. The game was live on 5 Live and the commentators were full of praise for Rangers and their temporary charges that evening.

As for Warburton. Don't know enough about him other than he has done pretty well at Brentford. A good lower division boss perhaps?

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Warburton leaving at the end of the season on 20:26 - Feb 17 with 3224 viewsbosh67

I reckon he may step into Sunderland!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Warburton leaving at the end of the season on 20:53 - Feb 17 with 3149 viewsMrSheen

Good fit for Fulham, but might upset both sets of fans!
Warburton leaving at the end of the season on 21:04 - Feb 17 with 3119 viewsadhoc_qpr

Warburton leaving at the end of the season on 20:05 - Feb 17 by Monahoop

If my memory serves me correctly, Gallen and Bircham's only game in charge saw us draw 2-2 with West Brom, the eventual champions of the Championship. It came after Magilton's sacking after the Buzacky affair at Watford. The game was live on 5 Live and the commentators were full of praise for Rangers and their temporary charges that evening.

As for Warburton. Don't know enough about him other than he has done pretty well at Brentford. A good lower division boss perhaps?

You're right it was a draw wasn't it? Felt like a win...
Warburton leaving at the end of the season on 21:14 - Feb 17 with 3099 viewsMrSheen

Warburton leaving at the end of the season on 21:04 - Feb 17 by adhoc_qpr

You're right it was a draw wasn't it? Felt like a win...

We were 2-0 up and let them equalise deep in injury time thanks to Pellicori giving the ball away away.
Warburton leaving at the end of the season on 21:17 - Feb 17 with 3093 viewsIrishR

Did he get the boot for not spending enough in the transfer window? That must surely be a first.
Warburton leaving at the end of the season on 22:33 - Feb 17 with 2946 viewsbosh67

In regards to Warburton's situation at Brentford, this is what I know...

Board have been half and half about him.
He has accused the board of being crusty.
He has said that Brentford don't put the heating on in the changing rooms and that they could do with being warmer and toastier.
He's also been accused of being a bit of a fruit loaf and a bit thick.
He's a ladies man and loves his crumpet and a good muffin.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Warburton leaving at the end of the season on 23:30 - Feb 17 with 2864 views18StoneOfHoop

Warburton leaving at the end of the season on 21:14 - Feb 17 by MrSheen

We were 2-0 up and let them equalise deep in injury time thanks to Pellicori giving the ball away away.

@ 2:53 Not a happy Bircham...admittedly you don't see Pellicori's error in the corner in the build-up but always thought Damien Stewart was more at fault for the 94th minute equalizer. Tremendous game and heartening display all the same.

If we can't get Paul Clement at season's end I'd be more than happy with Warburton - think he could bring refreshing positivity at all levels throughout the club.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2015 23:33]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Warburton leaving at the end of the season on 09:02 - Feb 18 with 2654 viewsingeminate

Nobody knows how it could play out from now. Ramsey could be the savior or another turkey, likewise Warburton.

That said based on what w know for sure about track record you'd have to go with Warburton every time. He's got experience of success managing, Ramsay hasn't.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Warburton leaving at the end of the season on 09:58 - Feb 18 with 2596 viewsQPunkR

Warburton leaving at the end of the season on 09:02 - Feb 18 by ingeminate

Nobody knows how it could play out from now. Ramsey could be the savior or another turkey, likewise Warburton.

That said based on what w know for sure about track record you'd have to go with Warburton every time. He's got experience of success managing, Ramsay hasn't.

True, but they're both staying in their current situations until at least the end of the season so we'll know more then

QPR - "shit but local"

Warburton leaving at the end of the season on 10:01 - Feb 18 with 2593 viewsswitchingcode

I wonder how long your backroom staff can keep Warburtons impending arrival quiet.
Warburton leaving at the end of the season on 10:53 - Feb 18 with 2538 viewsjohncharles

Warburton leaving at the end of the season on 10:01 - Feb 18 by switchingcode

I wonder how long your backroom staff can keep Warburtons impending arrival quiet.

Longer than you could announcing his departure.

Obviously

Strong and stable my arse.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024