Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stan Bowles. Sad news 15:15 - Jun 20 with 12387 viewsloftboy

His son has posted on Facebook requesting people no longer stop Stan and ask for autographs as he has developed Alzheimer's.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Stan Bowles. Sad news on 15:17 - Jun 20 with 6788 viewsDorse

It is a horrible condition for the sufferer and the family. I hope they're all getting the help they need.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Stan Bowles. Sad news on 15:23 - Jun 20 with 6753 viewsStanisgod

One of the saddest days of my life . F#cking horrible disease. My brother in laws got it at 51 and Mrs Stans mum and dad.
In a lot of ways worse than cancer as at least some is curable this isn't, and if you go from cancer you go that's it, whereas this you lose the person but there still there.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Stan Bowles. Sad news on 15:37 - Jun 20 with 6660 viewsRoller

I bumped in to Marilyn Demmen (who used to run Stan's fan club) at Clapham Junction at some point last season. She said then that Stan had been down for the match but hadn't recognise her without prompting. Very sad.
Stan Bowles. Sad news on 15:38 - Jun 20 with 6649 viewscaliforniahoop

Very sad news
Stan Bowles. Sad news on 15:39 - Jun 20 with 6645 viewsrrrspricey

Terrible fcukin disease. Mrs P works with dementia patients, it strips the very essence of the person they once were leaving a shell.

Big strides being made in slowing down the symptoms but still some way off.

Good luck to Stan and his family/friends in dealing with this and let's hope fans take heed of the request
[Post edited 20 Jun 2015 15:52]
Stan Bowles. Sad news on 15:42 - Jun 20 with 6623 viewsconnell10

Stan Bowles. Sad news on 15:37 - Jun 20 by Roller

I bumped in to Marilyn Demmen (who used to run Stan's fan club) at Clapham Junction at some point last season. She said then that Stan had been down for the match but hadn't recognise her without prompting. Very sad.

Terrible really terrible! 😞

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Stan Bowles. Sad news on 15:46 - Jun 20 with 6602 viewsbosh67

Sad news but he is very active on Facebook and I went back and forth on something yesterday with him. He's okay. It's early stages and there are things to do that stop it being a death sentence. Sensible not to put him under pressure. My best mate's dad has it and it is very hard but there are systems to help manage it. One of the lesser known areas is that the protein enzymes in almonds are almost a replica of enzymes connecting paths in the brain. So the common almond (nuts, oils and proteins) in a diet can do a lot to arrest the progression.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Stan Bowles. Sad news on 15:50 - Jun 20 with 6579 viewsloftboy

Stan Bowles. Sad news on 15:46 - Jun 20 by bosh67

Sad news but he is very active on Facebook and I went back and forth on something yesterday with him. He's okay. It's early stages and there are things to do that stop it being a death sentence. Sensible not to put him under pressure. My best mate's dad has it and it is very hard but there are systems to help manage it. One of the lesser known areas is that the protein enzymes in almonds are almost a replica of enzymes connecting paths in the brain. So the common almond (nuts, oils and proteins) in a diet can do a lot to arrest the progression.

His Facebook page is run by his children

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Login to get fewer ads

Stan Bowles. Sad news on 16:03 - Jun 20 with 6476 viewsaston_hoop

Very sad news. I've had close contact with dementia sufferers in the past and its a shocking condition. Alzheimers Society UK are a great charity though and I'd urge anybody to help where they can.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2015 16:04]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Stan Bowles. Sad news on 16:07 - Jun 20 with 6447 viewsBrightonhoop

As above I think it is his nephew Peter that runs the FB page for him. Interesting about almonds as they grow prolifically in this bit of Spain.

Awful illness so anything beneficial has to be positive.

England's most entertaining footballer ever, stay well Stan for as long as you can. hope the Club and PFA can offer whatever support they can.
Stan Bowles. Sad news on 16:24 - Jun 20 with 6354 viewsTheBlob

Same age as me.
Damn and blast.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Stan Bowles. Sad news on 16:28 - Jun 20 with 6333 viewsterryb

Can't add anything accept to add my best wishes to Stan & his family.

Will never forget the pleasure of watching Stan play!
Stan Bowles. Sad news on 16:36 - Jun 20 with 6291 viewseasthertsr

Stan was the greatest player EVER for the hoops.This is such sad news , best wishes to him and his family, my thoughts are with them.
Stan Bowles. Sad news on 17:03 - Jun 20 with 6157 viewspaulparker

FFS

I'm the least star struck person going but in the year of the promotion season against Leicester I went out the back of the springbok for a smoke and bumped into the great man, I couldn't hardly string a sentence together and just babbled about him being the best
What a gent he was as we had a photo together and couldn't of been nicer
I gave the photo to my old man who was more chuffed than me it made his day , he always said if you never saw him play the comparison is Messi

I hope and pray Stan is going to be ok

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Stan Bowles. Sad news on 17:49 - Jun 20 with 6023 viewsmacclesfieldman

I love Stan. End of.

Wild horses couldn't drag me away...

Stan Bowles. Sad news on 17:49 - Jun 20 with 6021 viewsdaveB

So sad, heard about this a month or so ago and hoped it wasn't true, Horrible illness. My nan has it at the moment and it's awful to see how it affects her.
Stan Bowles. Sad news on 17:54 - Jun 20 with 5993 viewsessextaxiboy

I spent my youth idolising Stan .

For me (and I accept that i am biased )the greatest player ever to pull on a hooped shirt .

Stan Bowles. Sad news on 18:06 - Jun 20 with 5940 viewsfrancisbowles

Obviously, I am a great fan and this is very sad news. I lost my own father to dementia and it is difficult to deal with. The short term memory gets worse gradually and the long term memories do not seem to be affected in the early stages.
Stan Bowles. Sad news on 18:10 - Jun 20 with 5915 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I never had the privilege to see Stan play but all the best wishes.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Stan Bowles. Sad news on 18:12 - Jun 20 with 5893 viewspaulparker

When they showed the Mavericks programme last month they had Stan speaking in 2002 about the old days , I thought it was weird as Stan wouldnt have missed an opportunity to get on camera and earn some extra cash
I suppose it makes sense now

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Stan Bowles. Sad news on 18:19 - Jun 20 with 5860 viewsPunteR

Real shame. Ive only seen clips of him but looked a class player. QPR legend.
I wish him and his family all the best.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Stan Bowles. Sad news on 18:22 - Jun 20 with 5841 viewsDiscodroids

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.Stan on Fire off the shoulder of Claudio Gentile . I watched Stan glitter in the dark near the Gallowgate end .. All those moments will be NEVER be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to Remember.

Stan...I remember..

Hero.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2015 18:27]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Stan Bowles. Sad news on 18:57 - Jun 20 with 5720 viewsswitchingcode

Very sad and unexpected news,used to drink with Stan and go to with him White City dogs on a Saturday night during his time at Brentford.Although he was not the player he was for you he was still one of the best players I've seen in our colours.He has always been a real character and it's shocking to learn he has this horrible condition my thoughts go out to his loved ones who must be going through hell.Best wishes Stan pray someone can make this go away.
Stan Bowles. Sad news on 19:08 - Jun 20 with 5689 viewsRanger78

Stan Bowles. Sad news on 17:54 - Jun 20 by essextaxiboy

I spent my youth idolising Stan .

For me (and I accept that i am biased )the greatest player ever to pull on a hooped shirt .

My old man still insists Stan is he best player he ever watched.
Stan Bowles. Sad news on 19:11 - Jun 20 with 5676 viewseccles

The World's a cruel place sometimes.
Gutted. Just gutted.
He was everything you ever wanted as a footballer.
Nobody deserves this. Especially your heroes.
Good luck Stan, and his family.
absolutely terrible news.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024