Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Imagine being offended by Thomas the Tank Engine... 13:56 - Apr 14 with 3441 viewstraininvain

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jul/22/thomas-the-tank-engine-chil

Imagine being offended by Thomas the Tank Engine... on 14:13 - Apr 14 with 2726 viewsAntti_Heinola

I'm offended by it. It is utter, utter dogsh!t. A truly terrible show with a truly terrible message: always be boring and sensible. Never deviate.
Utter crap.

Bare bones.

Imagine being offended by Thomas the Tank Engine... on 14:16 - Apr 14 with 2716 viewstraininvain

Imagine being offended by Thomas the Tank Engine... on 14:13 - Apr 14 by Antti_Heinola

I'm offended by it. It is utter, utter dogsh!t. A truly terrible show with a truly terrible message: always be boring and sensible. Never deviate.
Utter crap.

To be fair you're probably not the target demographic, unless you're under the age of five years old?!
Imagine being offended by Thomas the Tank Engine... on 14:25 - Apr 14 with 2685 viewsQPRDave

Ivor the engine p*ssed all over Thomas!!
Imagine being offended by Thomas the Tank Engine... on 14:26 - Apr 14 with 2684 viewsLongsufferingR

Christ, between the Guardian telling us to be offended at everything and the Mail telling us to be furious at everything, it's no wonder I gave up reading newspapers 20 years ago.
Imagine being offended by Thomas the Tank Engine... on 14:31 - Apr 14 with 2672 viewshopphoops

silly moo. I wish the guardian would starting charging so i'd have to go elsewhere for my rancid clickbait.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Imagine being offended by Thomas the Tank Engine... on 14:31 - Apr 14 with 2669 viewsTheBlob

My bruv Phil knew the Rev Awdrey and there were rumours he'd penned a last book entitled "Gordon The Big Engine gets stuck in up to the buffers"

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Imagine being offended by Thomas the Tank Engine... on 15:31 - Apr 14 with 2603 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Written by the sort of person offended by every single thing on this list

1. Bacon sandwiches

2. Roast dinners

3. Cup of tea

4. British history

5. BBC

6. Big Ben

7. Buckingham Palace

8. Countryside

9. Fish & Chips

10. Yorkshire Pudding

11. English fry up

12. British sense of humour

13. Cheese

14. Lake District

15. The Queen

16. Sunday lunch

17. Aston Martin

18. Cornish pasties

19. Stonehenge

20. National Heritage

21. Pubs

22. The Tower of London

23. Wimbledon

24. Baking

25. Strawberries and cream

26. The Pound

27. Black cabs

28. The Beatles

29. The coastline

30. Bargains

31. Shakespeare

32. James Bond

33. Red phone boxes

34. Football

35. Crumpets

36. The Houses of Parliament

37. Red buses

38. Harry Potter

39. Ice cream vans

40. The Red Arrows

41. Driving on the left

42. Cricket

43. Concorde

44. Real ale

45. The Royal Family

46. The Queen’s English

47. Festivals

48. Stan Bowles

49. Harrods

50. Cheese Rolling
Imagine being offended by Thomas the Tank Engine... on 16:30 - Apr 14 with 2523 viewsMetallica_Hoop

What a crock of shite.

She's got a nice pair of smokestacks though. I'd bury my firemans shovel in her coal bunker.

*ToooooooooooooooooooooooooooooT*

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Login to get fewer ads

Imagine being offended by Thomas the Tank Engine... on 16:41 - Apr 14 with 2492 viewsSimonJames

Now he's discovered the dirge that is Power Rangers, I wish my 6 year old would go back to watching Thomas (or just about anything else really).

100% of people who drink water will die.

Imagine being offended by Thomas the Tank Engine... on 16:45 - Apr 14 with 2488 viewsMoonshineSteve

I knew you'd say that: she's a ginger.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

Imagine being offended by Thomas the Tank Engine... on 17:52 - Apr 14 with 2426 viewsBluce_Ree

This world is literally made of F*CK OFF.

Look, there are two types of people in the world. People who are nice and people who are c*nts. Beyond that, f*ck off.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Imagine being offended by Thomas the Tank Engine... on 18:07 - Apr 14 with 2410 viewsAntti_Heinola

Imagine being offended by Thomas the Tank Engine... on 14:16 - Apr 14 by traininvain

To be fair you're probably not the target demographic, unless you're under the age of five years old?!

yeah, but as the article says, there are good shows and bad ones. My son loves a lot of shows, and loves the idea of Thomas because he loves trains - but even he can see the programe itself is utter sh!te and he can never sit through more than a minute after the catchy song has finished, whereas plenty of others hold his attention really well, because they're not so bloody terrible.

Bare bones.

Imagine being offended by Thomas the Tank Engine... on 18:08 - Apr 14 with 2404 viewssimmo

This is up there with the guy in the Guardian today that hates 3pm kick offs.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Imagine being offended by Thomas the Tank Engine... on 19:03 - Apr 14 with 2340 viewsDorse

If a child of mine asked to watch that show, I would sit them down and clearly explain, in the most loving way possible, that they are adopted and I don't like them.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Imagine being offended by Thomas the Tank Engine... on 19:04 - Apr 14 with 2337 viewsJigsore

looking up a 2 year old commentisfree article. one might say you're looking to take offence

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Imagine being offended by Thomas the Tank Engine... on 10:31 - Apr 15 with 2150 viewsPinnerPaul

Imagine being offended by Thomas the Tank Engine... on 18:07 - Apr 14 by Antti_Heinola

yeah, but as the article says, there are good shows and bad ones. My son loves a lot of shows, and loves the idea of Thomas because he loves trains - but even he can see the programe itself is utter sh!te and he can never sit through more than a minute after the catchy song has finished, whereas plenty of others hold his attention really well, because they're not so bloody terrible.

Lets not forget the original stories/idea were never designed to entertain today's multi media generation.

They are books designed to be read to children by their parents - how quaint is that?
Imagine being offended by Thomas the Tank Engine... on 10:39 - Apr 15 with 2140 viewsAntti_Heinola

Imagine being offended by Thomas the Tank Engine... on 10:31 - Apr 15 by PinnerPaul

Lets not forget the original stories/idea were never designed to entertain today's multi media generation.

They are books designed to be read to children by their parents - how quaint is that?

Er... not really very quaint. the childrens book market is probably bigger than its ever been. We've got some of the Thomas books too. All crap. ;)

Bare bones.

Imagine being offended by Thomas the Tank Engine... on 10:40 - Apr 15 with 2136 viewsTheBlob

Spongebob Squarepants is all you ever need to watch from age 4 until they put a stake through your heart at age 500.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Imagine being offended by Thomas the Tank Engine... on 12:39 - Apr 15 with 2049 viewsDWQPR

My boy would concur.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Imagine being offended by Thomas the Tank Engine... on 13:01 - Apr 15 with 2015 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Mind you the cartoons were better then.

Ulysses 31 (the iliad) Dungeons and dragons, cities of Gold etc.

Remember when you found out Venger was Dungeon Master's son? Top stuff.

Compare it to something like Ballamory or Peppa pig.

ATAF

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Imagine being offended by Thomas the Tank Engine... on 13:15 - Apr 15 with 1988 viewsA40Bosh

Jesus H Christ

That is all.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Imagine being offended by Thomas the Tank Engine... on 13:25 - Apr 15 with 1963 viewsToast_R

My son has Thomas everything. Dinner set, pyjamas, toys, slippers and you know what?
He can't even talk yet so I don't know if he really likes it but he laughs when I show him the picture of Thomas inside his bowl when he finishes his food.

I reckon kids see Thomas for what it is, a few trains with faces going up and down a track.
Imagine being offended by Thomas the Tank Engine... on 13:43 - Apr 15 with 1935 viewstraininvain

Imagine being offended by Thomas the Tank Engine... on 19:04 - Apr 14 by Jigsore

looking up a 2 year old commentisfree article. one might say you're looking to take offence

Someone sent me the link and only noticed it was a couple of years old after i posted.
Imagine being offended by Thomas the Tank Engine... on 13:44 - Apr 15 with 1928 viewstraininvain

Imagine being offended by Thomas the Tank Engine... on 18:08 - Apr 14 by simmo

This is up there with the guy in the Guardian today that hates 3pm kick offs.

Sounds about right for the Guardian's football coverage. Do you have a link by any chance?
Imagine being offended by Thomas the Tank Engine... on 16:08 - Apr 15 with 1835 viewsPinnerPaul

Imagine being offended by Thomas the Tank Engine... on 10:39 - Apr 15 by Antti_Heinola

Er... not really very quaint. the childrens book market is probably bigger than its ever been. We've got some of the Thomas books too. All crap. ;)

I was being ironic & fair enough if you, or more importantly your children don't like them.

The multi million industry behind TTTE suggests you might be in the minority though! ;-)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024