Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Conor Washington the intelligent Jamie mackie 01:06 - Oct 19 with 2492 viewswombat

MOM tonight , once again he was everywhere , defended deep when needs be attacked when he could , given a run of games he could be a very important player for us on the left wing .

Would love to see the stats on how much ground he covered
[Post edited 19 Oct 2016 1:07]

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Conor Washington the intelligent Jamie mackie on 01:27 - Oct 19 with 2459 viewsBoston

Shaddup will ya. I love that bemused look he has when asked a question, true son of Dorking.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Conor Washington the intelligent Jamie mackie on 08:24 - Oct 19 with 2215 viewsPunteR

Needs to start scoring and when it counts . Not only did Mackie work hard but he scored important goals.
Agree he needs a run of games. Hopefully JFH is starting to find a formula that works well for us.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Conor Washington the intelligent Jamie mackie on 08:52 - Oct 19 with 2117 viewsNorthernr

Away with work so missed last night but Washington was excellent at Fulham as well. Massive improvements clear in his game at the moment. Anybody would think four months in the Championship for the first time in his life may have been a bit too soon to write him off.
Conor Washington the intelligent Jamie mackie on 08:56 - Oct 19 with 2096 viewssimmo

Played in a position where he can face the goal and his opposition rather than back to goal pinged balls up to him to hope for a loose touch or lucky bounce. He really suited that advanced position off to the left and his workrate means he doesn't shirk his defensive duties either.

He was much improved at Burton and against Fulham, unlucky to miss out against Reading and back to being very effective here. I'm not sure I would put him in my first 11, all being fit, but he gives us a great option and with a little more luck he will definitely start to chip in with goals.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Conor Washington the intelligent Jamie mackie on 09:58 - Oct 19 with 2006 viewsDesertBoot

A real threat all night in attack and worked so hard defensively too. He efforts deserved a goal and he was unlucky the slight deflection raised his shot high enough to hit the bar.
Well done Conor.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Conor Washington the intelligent Jamie mackie on 10:10 - Oct 19 with 1972 viewsrobith

Interesting praise here (repeated by myself) as the lads who sit in front of me would only interrupt looking at their CL acca on their phones to declare Washington "sh!t"
Conor Washington the intelligent Jamie mackie on 10:15 - Oct 19 with 1949 viewsGloucs_R

Could be sulking as he is not playing up front....instead seems to have accepted that one up top may not suit him and he can add some value from other positions. Well done squire.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Conor Washington the intelligent Jamie mackie on 12:23 - Oct 19 with 1814 viewswrinklyhoop

Conor Washington the intelligent Jamie mackie on 10:15 - Oct 19 by Gloucs_R

Could be sulking as he is not playing up front....instead seems to have accepted that one up top may not suit him and he can add some value from other positions. Well done squire.

I doubt if he ever wants to be playing one up on his own. Not his game, and I'm sure he knows it, but he's done it for the team when asked. He's been great in the last couple of games playing wide and harrassing the life out of opposition defenders and midfielders, plus laying on chances and having the odd shot himself.
Login to get fewer ads

Conor Washington the intelligent Jamie mackie on 12:28 - Oct 19 with 1788 viewsDiscodroids

I like Him, reminds me of Ross Mcormack but without the goals.

Id like him to have a decent run in the side playing off Sylla. Imo, Id have Polter on the bench to be the Praetorian Battering ram if needed on the hour mark, either to hold up play and relieve pressure, tire out the oppo, or nick us a goal depending on the situation we are in.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Conor Washington the intelligent Jamie mackie on 15:17 - Oct 19 with 1610 viewshoof_hearted

Conor Washington the intelligent Jamie mackie on 08:52 - Oct 19 by Northernr

Away with work so missed last night but Washington was excellent at Fulham as well. Massive improvements clear in his game at the moment. Anybody would think four months in the Championship for the first time in his life may have been a bit too soon to write him off.

4 months but only a few hours of game time...

I would've been starting to write him off but a good friend met Barry Fry who said that we will be laughing at only having paid £3m for him in a couple of years time. Really rates him. That's good enough for me. If that shot that hit the crossbar yesterday had gone in it would have brought the house down.
Conor Washington the intelligent Jamie mackie on 15:21 - Oct 19 with 1607 viewsozranger

Conor Washington the intelligent Jamie mackie on 10:10 - Oct 19 by robith

Interesting praise here (repeated by myself) as the lads who sit in front of me would only interrupt looking at their CL acca on their phones to declare Washington "sh!t"

Yeah, had the same w*nker somewhere behind me having a go at Washington late in the game when he did his rare mistake. This time, though, no one had a go at the guy like on Saturday.
Conor Washington the intelligent Jamie mackie on 15:51 - Oct 19 with 1558 viewsvegasranger

Is it possible he could play in thee number 10 role?
Conor Washington the intelligent Jamie mackie on 17:47 - Oct 19 with 1439 viewsterryb

Like Roller, I've been wanting him to play wide on the left all season. His movement & workrate give defenders no rest.

We can then bring Shodipo gently along rather than asking him to be a match winner.
Conor Washington the intelligent Jamie mackie on 18:07 - Oct 19 with 1406 viewsJAPRANGERS

Talking of Jamie Mackie, is he ever coming back??
Conor Washington the intelligent Jamie mackie on 18:55 - Oct 19 with 1327 viewsrsonist

Conor Washington the intelligent Jamie mackie on 15:17 - Oct 19 by hoof_hearted

4 months but only a few hours of game time...

I would've been starting to write him off but a good friend met Barry Fry who said that we will be laughing at only having paid £3m for him in a couple of years time. Really rates him. That's good enough for me. If that shot that hit the crossbar yesterday had gone in it would have brought the house down.

Pretty sure Barry Fry says this about every player that's plumped his wallet up. Probably negotiated a sell-on...

Glad to see Wash is pushing his way into contention - have to say I don't think JFH has done him any favours at all in helping him get there. It was clear to everyone when he first signed that he might be capable in a Mackie role and it's only now after eight months' pre-season and two months' competitive play that we're finally getting a chance to assess that. (Have to laugh at Hoilett, who we wasted the time wooing, turning around and falling into Warnock's arms instead).

Wash is just one example of the considerable untapped potential in this squad - practically all our signings are still finding their feet, and the glimpses we're seeing from Borysiuk, Sylla, Shodipo etc are very good indeed. (Also never mind Mackie, where's Yeni?). I can understand people not fancying the manager right now but I certainly don't get all the hysteric doom and gloom about the club's future.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2016 18:56]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024