Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Youth teams worse than the first team! 21:01 - Nov 1 with 4641 viewsNortholt_Rs

Shamelessly nicked from WATRBs:

U23 QPR = P11 W3 D2 L6 F19 A33 Last 5 = LLDLL

U18 QPR = P11 W3 D1 L7 F16 A32 Last 5 = LLLLL

Man this club needs a serious overhaul...
[Post edited 1 Nov 2016 21:02]

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Youth teams worse than the first team! on 21:23 - Nov 1 with 3466 viewsRoller

Our academy has promoted Shodipo, Hämäläinen and Kakay to the first team and sold Kpekawa for 1/2 a million. That is a vast improvement on previous seasons.
Youth teams worse than the first team! on 21:29 - Nov 1 with 3458 viewsbosh67

Youth teams worse than the first team! on 21:23 - Nov 1 by Roller

Our academy has promoted Shodipo, Hämäläinen and Kakay to the first team and sold Kpekawa for 1/2 a million. That is a vast improvement on previous seasons.

Agree... But... the coaching really sucks in the club at the moment.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Youth teams worse than the first team! on 21:49 - Nov 1 with 3430 viewsNortholt_Rs

Youth teams worse than the first team! on 21:29 - Nov 1 by bosh67

Agree... But... the coaching really sucks in the club at the moment.

Both teams are conceding an average of THREE goals per game!

Youth teams worse than the first team! on 21:51 - Nov 1 with 3429 viewsNortholt_Rs

How about these results from the last 11 games?

Watford 4 QPR 0
QPR 0 Leeds 6
QPR 1 Sheff Utd 4
QPR 0 Palace 3
QPR 0 Forest 5
QPR 0 Barnsley 3
QPR 1 Millwall 5
Hull 3 QPR 0
QPR 2 Bristol City 5

Youth teams worse than the first team! on 22:21 - Nov 1 with 3372 viewsNorthernr

Junior teams job is to promote players to the first team. It's promoted three this season (after none for years) and sold another for £500,000.
Youth teams worse than the first team! on 22:33 - Nov 1 with 3351 viewsPunteR

Youth teams worse than the first team! on 22:21 - Nov 1 by Northernr

Junior teams job is to promote players to the first team. It's promoted three this season (after none for years) and sold another for £500,000.

But still, those results are terrible...

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Youth teams worse than the first team! on 22:45 - Nov 1 with 3337 viewsstevec

Youth teams worse than the first team! on 22:21 - Nov 1 by Northernr

What's the cost of running these sides each season?
Youth teams worse than the first team! on 22:45 - Nov 1 with 3337 viewsNorthernr

Youth teams worse than the first team! on 22:33 - Nov 1 by PunteR

But still, those results are terrible...

As opposed to the youth team that would win a cup or a play off at Loftus Road every May and then release all its players.
Login to get fewer ads

Youth teams worse than the first team! on 22:58 - Nov 1 with 3316 viewsPunteR

Youth teams worse than the first team! on 22:45 - Nov 1 by Northernr

As opposed to the youth team that would win a cup or a play off at Loftus Road every May and then release all its players.

I'm not trying to knock the club. Looking at the club as a whole and its main objectives regarding the youth we've made massive improvements.
But still, those results are terrible.
Lets hope those lads dont get too disheartened and stick with it and hopefully if they work hard get rewarded with 1st team football and a good career .

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Youth teams worse than the first team! on 23:12 - Nov 1 with 3302 viewsTacticalR

I wonder if we should send a contingent to boo the players? This would help give them a realistic match day experience.

Air hostess clique

Youth teams worse than the first team! on 23:31 - Nov 1 with 3276 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Youth teams worse than the first team! on 21:51 - Nov 1 by Northolt_Rs

Watford 4 QPR 0
QPR 0 Leeds 6
QPR 1 Sheff Utd 4
QPR 0 Palace 3
QPR 0 Forest 5
QPR 0 Barnsley 3
QPR 1 Millwall 5
Hull 3 QPR 0
QPR 2 Bristol City 5

That is only nine games. Were the other two losses as well?
Youth teams worse than the first team! on 01:27 - Nov 2 with 3227 viewsWilloW4

Watford 4 QPR 0
QPR 0 Leeds 6
QPR 1 Sheff Utd 4
QPR 0 Palace 3
QPR 0 Forest 5
QPR 0 Barnsley 3
QPR 1 Millwall 5
Hull 3 QPR 0
QPR 2 Bristol City 5

We get spanked every week... The positives from Paul hall and Furlong make me laugh.. What is there job? Fecking awful.
Youth teams worse than the first team! on 06:09 - Nov 2 with 3187 viewsozranger

So, please tell me.. how many of you have been out to watch these games.. those of you making the comments.? I was at the recent Charlton game where they probably deserved a draw, but lost 2-1 to the top team playing a half plus five minutes with ten men. The game was constructive with the players trying to keep a shape with one less player. The ball was on the deck. In fact for good portions of the second period they were the better team and threatened to take the lead. I know it is only one game but it was their last game. I went there expected a thrashing but found a game where there was passion shown by our players, all youth players. Also we did not have any internationals playing for us while Charlton had at least one!

Happy to be countered by someone who has watched them this season.
Youth teams worse than the first team! on 08:26 - Nov 2 with 3114 viewsderbyhoop

Youth teams worse than the first team! on 06:09 - Nov 2 by ozranger

So, please tell me.. how many of you have been out to watch these games.. those of you making the comments.? I was at the recent Charlton game where they probably deserved a draw, but lost 2-1 to the top team playing a half plus five minutes with ten men. The game was constructive with the players trying to keep a shape with one less player. The ball was on the deck. In fact for good portions of the second period they were the better team and threatened to take the lead. I know it is only one game but it was their last game. I went there expected a thrashing but found a game where there was passion shown by our players, all youth players. Also we did not have any internationals playing for us while Charlton had at least one!

Happy to be countered by someone who has watched them this season.

I read the reports on that last one. We turned out a very young and inexperienced side, with only Kakay anywhere near first team potential. That really wasn't a bad result against the league leaders. Sounds like the football was decent, too.

Results aren't important at Youth level. The aim is to produce a couple of first teamers year on year. We have 2 regulars in the first team squad, 4 more on loan to League clubs, and received a fee for another.

Considerable progress.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Youth teams worse than the first team! on 10:09 - Nov 2 with 3041 viewsPinnerPaul

Youth teams worse than the first team! on 01:27 - Nov 2 by WilloW4

We get spanked every week... The positives from Paul hall and Furlong make me laugh.. What is there job? Fecking awful.

You've ignored Clive's post, which describes exactly what their job is

A) Get players into the first team - tick

B) Or get players good enough to be sold for £s - tick

How anyone on here, unless related or a friend of U21/23 player can comment on the "coaching" of these young players is beyond me.

At this level /age group the age of the players is a big factor on result of the match - play a few too many "under age" players and you will get beaten.

Also there are a certain number of over age players allowed at U23 - first teamers returning from injury, trialists etc - that will also have a bearing on result obviously.

But lets run with it - just say club got rid of all coaches from JFH downwards - that's not going to have a very stabilising effect is it?!
Youth teams worse than the first team! on 10:26 - Nov 2 with 3019 viewsdaveB

should be pointed out that the best prospects at under 23 level are either in the first team squad or out on loan so that team is full of the younger group making a big step up, they'll improve but are playing against players several years older so results will be crap.

Same in under 18's, it's now full of younger kids developing who will lose at first but the hope is they will learn and improve.

The academy has been underfunded/ignored for decades so I wouldn't expect to see major improvements for years
Youth teams worse than the first team! on 10:48 - Nov 2 with 3000 viewskensalriser

Who can we blame for this? We need someone to blame.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Youth teams worse than the first team! on 11:13 - Nov 2 with 2959 viewsDorse

Youth teams worse than the first team! on 10:48 - Nov 2 by kensalriser

Who can we blame for this? We need someone to blame.

"Wewl..."

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Youth teams worse than the first team! on 11:21 - Nov 2 with 2949 viewsozranger

Youth teams worse than the first team! on 10:26 - Nov 2 by daveB

should be pointed out that the best prospects at under 23 level are either in the first team squad or out on loan so that team is full of the younger group making a big step up, they'll improve but are playing against players several years older so results will be crap.

Same in under 18's, it's now full of younger kids developing who will lose at first but the hope is they will learn and improve.

The academy has been underfunded/ignored for decades so I wouldn't expect to see major improvements for years

Just to back up Dave's comment, the age breakdown for the Charlton game was:
2 x 17yo, 4 x 18yo, 3 x 19yo, a 20 yo trialist (Finney) and a 21yo keeper. The bench had three aged 17 and one 16.
So, yes, quite a young team
Youth teams worse than the first team! on 11:49 - Nov 2 with 2917 viewsJigsore

youth football isn't about results, countries who understand that tend to do well at senior level
[Post edited 2 Nov 2016 11:52]

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Youth teams worse than the first team! on 11:51 - Nov 2 with 2915 viewsqprxtc

Watford 4 QPR 0
QPR 0 Leeds 6
QPR 1 Sheff Utd 4
QPR 0 Palace 3
QPR 0 Forest 5
QPR 0 Barnsley 3
QPR 1 Millwall 5
Hull 3 QPR 0
QPR 2 Bristol City 5

Even though i'm reading those results right now, they are not sticking in my brain. Instantly forgotten. Whereas if they were first team results i'd probably need therapy by now.
Youth teams worse than the first team! on 12:38 - Nov 2 with 2865 viewsolderR

The coaches say it's about the players attaining their personal targets.

Let's hope the keepers have something other than clean sheets.
Youth teams worse than the first team! on 13:37 - Nov 2 with 2812 viewsBillericayR

Not sure the Ladies are much better - think they got their first point last week-end.
Youth teams worse than the first team! on 14:22 - Nov 2 with 2770 viewsDorse

I can't get worked up about the Youth Team results. It's the Ladies that really frustrate me, especially as they promised so much more. And their football needs work too.

[Post edited 2 Nov 2016 14:22]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Youth teams worse than the first team! on 14:44 - Nov 2 with 2742 viewsPinnerPaul

Youth teams worse than the first team! on 11:21 - Nov 2 by ozranger

Just to back up Dave's comment, the age breakdown for the Charlton game was:
2 x 17yo, 4 x 18yo, 3 x 19yo, a 20 yo trialist (Finney) and a 21yo keeper. The bench had three aged 17 and one 16.
So, yes, quite a young team

Thats what I said!

When I was AR on Brentford U16s v QPR U16s last season, there was a 14 year old playing - always going to be at a disadvantage with younger players.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024