Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Smithies 21:20 - Jan 2 with 2088 viewsGloucs_R

Am i correct to say he's only got 18 months of his contact left?

Plenty of interest in him... Not sure we could match the wages he could earn elsewhere.

Do we cash in now, knowing we couldn't afford a new contract offer? (Like we are doing with cherry)

£6m?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Smithies on 21:28 - Jan 2 with 2053 viewsCamberleyR

Yes, signed a three year deal in 2015. If I were the top brass, I'd make him an offer to be the best paid player at the club but keeping within our new wages limit.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Smithies on 21:40 - Jan 2 with 1999 viewsGloucs_R

Smithies on 21:28 - Jan 2 by CamberleyR

Yes, signed a three year deal in 2015. If I were the top brass, I'd make him an offer to be the best paid player at the club but keeping within our new wages limit.

If villa and boro come in for him, we simply couldn't match them anymore.

Smithies on 21:43 - Jan 2 with 1981 viewssuperstan

I think Everton will be in for him, hearing their keeper is rank.
Smithies on 21:45 - Jan 2 with 1962 viewsGloucs_R

Haven't Stoke just bid for the Derby keeper too?

Smithies on 22:59 - Jan 2 with 1817 viewsHollowayRanger

bit iffy for a keeper to move

team only plays one not like a outfield player who can come on as a sub and play their way in

look at our last great hope McCarty left reading after playing 44 games in championship season joined us in prem and has played 10 games in 2 and a half years since then

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Smithies on 23:05 - Jan 2 with 1795 views08olesen

He is a fantastic keeper. However, if someone offers us more than 5 mil, i think we should take it. Ingram looks a great keeper when he has played. Lumley is the future, so i think its time he stepped up to no.2

Poll: Who will the other play off

Smithies on 23:32 - Jan 2 with 1712 viewsbosh67

Smithies on 23:05 - Jan 2 by 08olesen

He is a fantastic keeper. However, if someone offers us more than 5 mil, i think we should take it. Ingram looks a great keeper when he has played. Lumley is the future, so i think its time he stepped up to no.2

Yup, Smithies is brilliant. About the best we have had since Seaman, and that is a compliment. But, £5m-£6m is impossible for the club to turn down. Ingram is a very decent keeper at this level so it won't be the absolute end of the world.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Smithies on 21:00 - Jan 4 with 1373 viewsGloucs_R

Seems as though this rumour has some legs. Bruce went to wolves to watch him apparently.

Login to get fewer ads

Smithies on 17:49 - Jan 5 with 1021 viewsFredManRave

Smithies on 21:45 - Jan 2 by Gloucs_R

Haven't Stoke just bid for the Derby keeper too?

Didn't he go for 1.5million. May have that wrong but I'm sure that I read in the last day or that a Championship keeper went to a Prem club for that amount. Difficult to wade through all the gossip!

However, have just read that Villas bid for Smithies is around 4million and taking off Huddersfields sell on clause I really can't see us being left with too much money, certainly alot less than some appear to be hoping for.

Still, at least he won't need replacing.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Smithies on 17:59 - Jan 5 with 998 viewsBoston

Smithies on 21:00 - Jan 4 by Gloucs_R

Seems as though this rumour has some legs. Bruce went to wolves to watch him apparently.

Wot, Australia y'reckon?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Smithies on 17:59 - Jan 5 with 998 viewsGloucs_R

Smithies on 17:49 - Jan 5 by FredManRave

Didn't he go for 1.5million. May have that wrong but I'm sure that I read in the last day or that a Championship keeper went to a Prem club for that amount. Difficult to wade through all the gossip!

However, have just read that Villas bid for Smithies is around 4million and taking off Huddersfields sell on clause I really can't see us being left with too much money, certainly alot less than some appear to be hoping for.

Still, at least he won't need replacing.

Have they bid officially? He's got to be with £6m

Smithies on 18:01 - Jan 5 with 994 viewsWadR

Villa have just loaned Sam Johnstone from United for the season. Hope that means the end of any pursuit of Smithies.
Smithies on 19:53 - Jan 5 with 876 viewsLblock

Huddersfield have confirmed they have a sell on percentage in the deal --- this should mean Hoos will be looking for say 40% more than any fee considered "acceptable"

It's easy this Football fee negotiation Park anyway. Let's say Swansea come a calling with a £4mill bid; we just "put it about" that Great Wall of Shanghai FC have offered £16mill and push his price up.
Sorted

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Smithies on 20:26 - Jan 5 with 824 viewsWatford_Ranger

Smithies on 19:53 - Jan 5 by Lblock

Huddersfield have confirmed they have a sell on percentage in the deal --- this should mean Hoos will be looking for say 40% more than any fee considered "acceptable"

It's easy this Football fee negotiation Park anyway. Let's say Swansea come a calling with a £4mill bid; we just "put it about" that Great Wall of Shanghai FC have offered £16mill and push his price up.
Sorted

Chinese clubs have to have Chinese goalkeepers for some reason. Just don't tell Swansea.
Smithies on 21:20 - Jan 5 with 765 viewsLblock

Smithies on 20:26 - Jan 5 by Watford_Ranger

Chinese clubs have to have Chinese goalkeepers for some reason. Just don't tell Swansea.

Jeepers Kleepers!

If that is an actual rule then how bizarre.

Hope we keep Smithers myself, till at least the summer

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Smithies on 21:43 - Jan 5 with 711 viewsFredManRave

Smithies on 20:26 - Jan 5 by Watford_Ranger

Makes sense. All Chinese men are small so there'll be more goals.

Also heard that when the defending team line up 10 yards from the freekick they all have to be Chinese as well.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024