Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dave Thomas, take a bow 12:43 - Apr 28 with 4251 viewssmegma

Just announced he's been voted Supporter Of The Year. About time..

No surprises with POTY
Dave Thomas, take a bow on 13:04 - Apr 28 with 3221 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I believe there is a piece about him in tomorrow's AKUTRs, which took some time for him to agree to do, so bashful is our Dave.

Can't underestimate the role he played keeping us out of the clutches of FPR. Thoroughly well deserved.

Quiz question: who came up with the name AKUTRs?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Dave Thomas, take a bow on 13:28 - Apr 28 with 3145 viewsenfieldargh

Dave Thomas, take a bow on 13:04 - Apr 28 by PlanetHonneywood

I believe there is a piece about him in tomorrow's AKUTRs, which took some time for him to agree to do, so bashful is our Dave.

Can't underestimate the role he played keeping us out of the clutches of FPR. Thoroughly well deserved.

Quiz question: who came up with the name AKUTRs?

Arthur Askey?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Dave Thomas, take a bow on 13:29 - Apr 28 with 3140 views18StoneOfHoop

With Apologies to Richard Ireland and Clive,
Dave Thomas is supporter of the year every year in my book.

[Post edited 28 Apr 2017 13:37]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Dave Thomas, take a bow on 13:33 - Apr 28 with 3131 viewsHayesender

Well deserved. Still genuinely gutted for him that he didn't get into Hillsborough in 2004.

I wish those stewards nothing but misery

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Dave Thomas, take a bow on 13:36 - Apr 28 with 3114 viewsFredManRave

Nothing short of phenomenal the amount of time, effort and energy that the guy puts into Rangers.

Edit: Not to mention the amount of pleasure he gives fellow fans!
[Post edited 28 Apr 2017 13:38]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Dave Thomas, take a bow on 13:36 - Apr 28 with 3112 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thirty years after FPR and more than fifty years a fan, the man's a living legend.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dave Thomas, take a bow on 13:38 - Apr 28 with 3098 viewsNorthernr

Put him down as my vote. 30 years of doing that mag, home and away from fcking Bolton, one of the nicest guys you could ever meet, had to put up with some right sht at times - thoroughly, thoroughly deserved.

I've probably told this story before but here we go. When I lived in Sheffield we had a Tuesday night match at Colchester (lost 4-2, Mikele Leigertwood at centre back not a conspicuous success). I was either a poor student at that point, or had just taken my first job which had a starting salary of £12.5k a year with a 70 mile round trip daily commute Either way I didn't have a lot of money.

But I wanted to go to Colchester so I decided I would get the train down there and, as there was no train back to Sheffield that late, I'd simply get the train back into London after the match with the other QPR fans, have a bit of a walk around London overnight and then get on the first train back up at like 5.30 the following morning.

Dave overheard me telling Neil SI this plan at half time and insisted on, instead of going M11, A14, M1, M6 home like a normal person on taking me and going all the way up the M1 to Sheffield, deep into Sheffield to my door, then he drove across the snake pass at 3 in the morning and across to Crewe that way. Added about 3 hours to his journey in the middle of the night.

Fcking legend.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Dave Thomas, take a bow on 13:39 - Apr 28 with 3087 viewsPinnerPaul

I'm going for gr1 next season!
Login to get fewer ads

Dave Thomas, take a bow on 13:41 - Apr 28 with 3071 viewsNorthernr

Dave Thomas, take a bow on 13:39 - Apr 28 by PinnerPaul

I'm going for gr1 next season!

"VOTE FOR ME YOU FCKING BELL"
Dave Thomas, take a bow on 14:29 - Apr 28 with 2966 viewsRoller

He was just buying your vote.....
Dave Thomas, take a bow on 14:35 - Apr 28 with 2947 viewspaulparker

Dave Thomas, take a bow on 13:38 - Apr 28 by Northernr

Put him down as my vote. 30 years of doing that mag, home and away from fcking Bolton, one of the nicest guys you could ever meet, had to put up with some right sht at times - thoroughly, thoroughly deserved.

I've probably told this story before but here we go. When I lived in Sheffield we had a Tuesday night match at Colchester (lost 4-2, Mikele Leigertwood at centre back not a conspicuous success). I was either a poor student at that point, or had just taken my first job which had a starting salary of £12.5k a year with a 70 mile round trip daily commute Either way I didn't have a lot of money.

But I wanted to go to Colchester so I decided I would get the train down there and, as there was no train back to Sheffield that late, I'd simply get the train back into London after the match with the other QPR fans, have a bit of a walk around London overnight and then get on the first train back up at like 5.30 the following morning.

Dave overheard me telling Neil SI this plan at half time and insisted on, instead of going M11, A14, M1, M6 home like a normal person on taking me and going all the way up the M1 to Sheffield, deep into Sheffield to my door, then he drove across the snake pass at 3 in the morning and across to Crewe that way. Added about 3 hours to his journey in the middle of the night.

Fcking legend.

Yeah but apart from that what else has he done to justify the award, I would have given it to loftinoz

seriously fair play to the man , pre this MB and the old Rivals AKUTRS was a must buy at home games a brilliant read , I remember years ago after a game against wolves the players of wolves were leaving the ground and Dave started to shout STEVE, STEVE
YOUR A BRILLIANT STRIKER , it was steve claridge who had turned around and smiled only for Dave to say no not you Steve Bull , that always tickled me
I guess you had to be there

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Dave Thomas, take a bow on 14:49 - Apr 28 with 2912 viewsFredManRave

Dave Thomas, take a bow on 14:35 - Apr 28 by paulparker

Yeah but apart from that what else has he done to justify the award, I would have given it to loftinoz

seriously fair play to the man , pre this MB and the old Rivals AKUTRS was a must buy at home games a brilliant read , I remember years ago after a game against wolves the players of wolves were leaving the ground and Dave started to shout STEVE, STEVE
YOUR A BRILLIANT STRIKER , it was steve claridge who had turned around and smiled only for Dave to say no not you Steve Bull , that always tickled me
I guess you had to be there

loftinoz won oversees supporter of the year, mate.

He is without doubt the best/only supporter that oversees our spelling mistakes and grammatical errors.

I've got the Power.

Dave Thomas, take a bow on 14:57 - Apr 28 with 2883 viewsterryb

Very much deserved. Has he got to go on the pitch tomorrow to receive his award? That would save us £4!

I've been reading the fanzine since DT sold me a copy at Ipswich in the midst of the Thompson out campaign so I'm a relative newcomer! His post on the eve of the Wednesday promotion match will live with me forever & I felt really upset when we then read of his problems with the stewards.

Clive, I had read that story before, but hadn't realised that you were the one who benefitted from Dave's goodwill.

Two Dave Thomas. We've two Dave Thomas.
Dave Thomas, take a bow on 15:11 - Apr 28 with 2830 viewspaulparker

Dave Thomas, take a bow on 14:49 - Apr 28 by FredManRave

loftinoz won oversees supporter of the year, mate.

He is without doubt the best/only supporter that oversees our spelling mistakes and grammatical errors.

Sorry Fred that should be Overseas supporter of the year , not oversees
if the great man is getting that award and your addressing him its only fair and proper you get it right yourself

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Dave Thomas, take a bow on 15:13 - Apr 28 with 2815 viewsFredManRave

Dave Thomas, take a bow on 15:11 - Apr 28 by paulparker

Sorry Fred that should be Overseas supporter of the year , not oversees
if the great man is getting that award and your addressing him its only fair and proper you get it right yourself

Damn. I should'f known better.

I've got the Power.

Dave Thomas, take a bow on 15:22 - Apr 28 with 2791 viewsNov77

One quote of his from akutr's has always stuck with me.
It described Holloway the player:
"If Holloway runs around in any more circles he may very well disappear up his own arse"

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Dave Thomas, take a bow on 15:27 - Apr 28 with 2760 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Andy Dufresne: Thirty years. Jesus, when you say it like that...
Red: ...You wonder where it went.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dave Thomas, take a bow on 15:33 - Apr 28 with 2736 viewsToast_R

You what?

You were going to walk around London through the night for best part of 7 hours?
At what point did that ever seem like an acceptable plan?
Dave Thomas, take a bow on 15:42 - Apr 28 with 2712 viewspaulparker

Dave Thomas, take a bow on 15:13 - Apr 28 by FredManRave

Damn. I should'f known better.

tahts alwight don't wurry abhat it

Dave Thomas, take a bow on 15:47 - Apr 28 with 2697 viewsNorthernr

Dave Thomas, take a bow on 15:33 - Apr 28 by Toast_R

You what?

You were going to walk around London through the night for best part of 7 hours?
At what point did that ever seem like an acceptable plan?

Dave Thomas, take a bow on 15:54 - Apr 28 with 2672 viewssixnil

Legend
Dave Thomas, take a bow on 16:31 - Apr 28 with 2607 viewsngbqpr

Dave Thomas, take a bow on 13:38 - Apr 28 by Northernr

Fcking legend.

Around 10pm on a cold winter's night 10 or 11 years ago, there was a knock at my door.

Me and the wife turned to each other with that "who the hell is that, should we get a baseball bat" look.

As we don't actually own a baseball bat, I I opened the door and there, to my complete amazement, was DT, clutching the copy I had ordered of the mighty tome that was the AKUTRs "...but first an apology" anthology.

As per the joke in said tome's name, the book had missed its advertised issue date by some time. Most of us appreciated the irony, expected nothing else, and were amused and/or not bothered. However Dave being Dave felt bad. Dave being Dave, customer service for his fellow Rs fans was the be all and end all. So Dave being Dave decided to drive half way round the country hand delivering copies. This wasn't in the north west where he lives; or in the Rs heartland where he could have delivered a few dozen in one hit. This was in a quiet Nottingham suburb 10 minutes from the City Ground.

It was flippin freezing, but Dave being Dave, he wouldn't even come in for a cuppa.

Supporter of the fkin century.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Dave Thomas, take a bow on 16:32 - Apr 28 with 2604 viewsNorthernr

Dave Thomas, take a bow on 16:31 - Apr 28 by ngbqpr

Around 10pm on a cold winter's night 10 or 11 years ago, there was a knock at my door.

Me and the wife turned to each other with that "who the hell is that, should we get a baseball bat" look.

As we don't actually own a baseball bat, I I opened the door and there, to my complete amazement, was DT, clutching the copy I had ordered of the mighty tome that was the AKUTRs "...but first an apology" anthology.

As per the joke in said tome's name, the book had missed its advertised issue date by some time. Most of us appreciated the irony, expected nothing else, and were amused and/or not bothered. However Dave being Dave felt bad. Dave being Dave, customer service for his fellow Rs fans was the be all and end all. So Dave being Dave decided to drive half way round the country hand delivering copies. This wasn't in the north west where he lives; or in the Rs heartland where he could have delivered a few dozen in one hit. This was in a quiet Nottingham suburb 10 minutes from the City Ground.

It was flippin freezing, but Dave being Dave, he wouldn't even come in for a cuppa.

Supporter of the fkin century.

Yeh my old mate Stuart (who lived in Great Coates, which is next to fcking Grimsby) got a visit about 9pm one night and it was Dave delivering the book by hand.
Dave Thomas, take a bow on 22:04 - Apr 28 with 2244 viewsLythamR

Pah DT! the bloke almost never stays to the final whistle!
Dave Thomas, take a bow on 22:07 - Apr 28 with 2235 viewsNeil_SI

Thrilled by this news, brilliant!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024