Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Return of the Mack... 13:25 - Dec 21 with 6002 viewsLatticeR

So Ollie has had his hands tied for the last 3 games but will he be putting Mackie's name down first on the team list come Saturday?

I admit to not being Jamie's biggest fan however we may need his greatest asset on saturday, which is his running ability.Rangers will need to close Bristol down from the back and stop them playing through us and put their attack minded full backs under pressure.

Mackie and Washington to start and freshen things up after 60 minutes..2 nil to us is what my heart is telling me
Return of the Mack... on 13:28 - Dec 21 with 4384 viewstraininvain

Unfortunately his fabled running ability hasn't been seen for a few years so we're sh1t out of luck there.

Surely we need to start Sylla after his cameo against Birmingham?
Return of the Mack... on 13:29 - Dec 21 with 4374 viewsPunteR

Whose gonna score our two then ?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Return of the Mack... on 13:31 - Dec 21 with 4368 viewsEsox_Lucius

If running around a lot was all that was needed why don't we start with Mo Farah? Chasing people around like a chicken with it's head cut off is NOT why I pay to go and watch football. I would rather we started with Oteh up front than Mackie gets back in automatically. I also believe that despite his inferior ability to chase around, Sylla is more likely to get us a goal than Conor is. After watching last nights cup game, Saturday could prove embarrassing for the Hoops. Let's hope the game took more out of them than seemed apparent at the end of the game.

The grass is always greener.

Return of the Mack... on 13:40 - Dec 21 with 4321 viewsHunterhoop

Mackie and Washington?? Really???

"his running"...it's sort of a prerequisite for a footballer. It's not a justification for selection.

I'm sure we'll go 352, in which case I'd want to see Sylla and AN Other.

However, if it was me, i'd play 451/4231, with Sylla as the lone forward supported by two genuine wingers in Pavel and Wheeler/Samuel/Shodipo, with our Scowongoman triumvirate in midfield, where i'd task Freeman with getting forward to support Sylla.
Return of the Mack... on 13:44 - Dec 21 with 4310 viewsLatticeR

Return of the Mack... on 13:29 - Dec 21 by PunteR

Whose gonna score our two then ?

Freeman and Smith....
Return of the Mack... on 14:43 - Dec 21 with 4164 viewskingsburyR

Not Mackie please

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Return of the Mack... on 14:45 - Dec 21 with 4160 viewsPinnerPaul

Everyone getting so excited about his return that you have failed to notice that he is suspended for another match!
Return of the Mack... on 14:53 - Dec 21 with 4139 viewsflitwickhoop

Isn't Mackie still suspended for one more game?
Login to get fewer ads

Return of the Mack... on 14:54 - Dec 21 with 4134 viewsPinnerPaul

Return of the Mack... on 14:53 - Dec 21 by flitwickhoop

Isn't Mackie still suspended for one more game?

That's what I just said!
Return of the Mack... on 14:57 - Dec 21 with 4119 viewsflitwickhoop

Return of the Mack... on 14:54 - Dec 21 by PinnerPaul

That's what I just said!

Doh

Really need to start reading all the posts before I reply
Return of the Mack... on 15:23 - Dec 21 with 4065 viewsPinnerPaul

Return of the Mack... on 14:57 - Dec 21 by flitwickhoop

Doh

Really need to start reading all the posts before I reply

No worries, I do that all the time!
Return of the Mack... on 15:24 - Dec 21 with 4064 viewsAntti_Heinola

I'd start with Sylla, but it'll be 3-5-2 for sure - that's what worked well at the start of the season and it'll be no surprise if Ollie sticks with it now defenders are coming back from injury. Mackie and Washington was his preferred pairing then - wouldn't be shocked if it was that tomorrow.

Bare bones.

Return of the Mack... on 15:30 - Dec 21 with 4048 viewsLongsufferingR

Return of the Mack... on 15:24 - Dec 21 by Antti_Heinola

I'd start with Sylla, but it'll be 3-5-2 for sure - that's what worked well at the start of the season and it'll be no surprise if Ollie sticks with it now defenders are coming back from injury. Mackie and Washington was his preferred pairing then - wouldn't be shocked if it was that tomorrow.

Has everybody been on the sauce today. As my esteemed colleagues pointed out earlier, JM is still suspended, and as for AH's last sentence, I would be shocked if that was the preferred pairing tomorrow as we're not playing until Saturday!
Return of the Mack... on 16:07 - Dec 21 with 3985 viewsAntti_Heinola

Return of the Mack... on 15:30 - Dec 21 by LongsufferingR

Has everybody been on the sauce today. As my esteemed colleagues pointed out earlier, JM is still suspended, and as for AH's last sentence, I would be shocked if that was the preferred pairing tomorrow as we're not playing until Saturday!

I am clearly drunk. Talking more shoite than normal!

Bare bones.

Return of the Mack... on 16:16 - Dec 21 with 3962 viewsCiderwithRsie

Having read the full thread I am now aware that Mackie is unavailable. Clearly I owe it to myself to now get p*ssed enough to forget that and come back an post on here.

Only time will tell if I get p*ssed enough to think that selecting him would be a good idea.
Return of the Mack... on 18:30 - Dec 21 with 3738 viewsted_hendrix

I've no problem with his running ability, my problem is with his inability to take the ball with him.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Return of the Mack... on 18:44 - Dec 21 with 3707 viewsLblock

It's unlike LatticeR to make such an eror of judgement.

Mackie has been, and continues to be, a very loyal servant to the club.
I am sure he would apologise for not being able to run with ball at his feet like Adel used to, or have the pace that Iorfa used to.
He neither as good nor as bad as either - he gets my support whilst I also acknowledge this fact

As you were

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Return of the Mack... on 23:23 - Dec 21 with 3431 viewssmegma

Return of the Mack... on 15:30 - Dec 21 by LongsufferingR

But will Remy be available for the play offs.
Return of the Mack... on 10:23 - Dec 22 with 3217 viewsLadbrokeR

Return of the Mack... on 18:44 - Dec 21 by Lblock

It's unlike LatticeR to make such an eror of judgement.

Mackie has been, and continues to be, a very loyal servant to the club.
I am sure he would apologise for not being able to run with ball at his feet like Adel used to, or have the pace that Iorfa used to.
He neither as good nor as bad as either - he gets my support whilst I also acknowledge this fact

As you were

L Block you're obviously feeling festive. I agree there is nobody that can beat his chest, kiss the badge and run quite like the Mack.
Return of the Mack... on 12:08 - Dec 22 with 3129 viewsdaveB

Got to love QPR fans on here.

When Mackie was first sold we had months of people angry about it saying we lacked someone with his fight and passion and all we want is players who give everything.

Now he is back we turn our noses up at someone giving their all for the shirt and wanting to play for us.

I don't think Mackie should be first choice but he's still a decent squad player
Return of the Mack... on 12:47 - Dec 22 with 3082 viewsLadbrokeR

Return of the Mack... on 12:08 - Dec 22 by daveB

When Mackie was first sold we had months of people angry about it saying we lacked someone with his fight and passion and all we want is players who give everything.

Now he is back we turn our noses up at someone giving their all for the shirt and wanting to play for us.

I don't think Mackie should be first choice but he's still a decent squad player

hurrah to that and hurrah to Ollie.
Return of the Mack... on 12:48 - Dec 22 with 3082 viewsWatford_Ranger

I love the guy and would never slag him off as I respect what he’s about but there’s no getting away from the fact (opinion?) he brings little to the team. Top bloke and probably a good character around the squad but I can’t see any argument for playing him up front or wide given the alternatives.
Return of the Mack... on 12:58 - Dec 22 with 3066 viewsAntti_Heinola

It's a good point Dave, but I doubt those two sets of fans are the same set. Mackie always had his detractors and his fans and that hasn't changed. I'm on your side, though, I think he gets unfair stick, from the point of view you mention - we say we can forgive anything if players give their all. That's certainly shown to be nonsense this season.

Bare bones.

Return of the Mack... on 15:49 - Dec 22 with 2984 viewsHunterhoop

Yes, but the fans saying one thing at the time are not necessarily the same fans saying something different now. So the point doesn't stand. It's a classic straw man. Mackie is a decent squad player. Just that though. We have better options up top and wide.
Return of the Mack... on 16:34 - Dec 22 with 2941 viewsdaveB

Return of the Mack... on 12:58 - Dec 22 by Antti_Heinola

It's a good point Dave, but I doubt those two sets of fans are the same set. Mackie always had his detractors and his fans and that hasn't changed. I'm on your side, though, I think he gets unfair stick, from the point of view you mention - we say we can forgive anything if players give their all. That's certainly shown to be nonsense this season.

probably not the same people but does make me laugh how many people used to say they don't care if we lose as long as the players try and when the players give everything and lose I'm not seeing those same people as content as they said they were going to be
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024