Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chair 11:43 - Apr 29 with 5244 viewsPetros

Terrific today. Buzzed around, demanded the ball, rarely lost it, pressed all game, didn't fade. Speeded the play up when required. Oh, and turned up twice at the far post for one assist and one goal. It's a long time since Luongo has played as well as that. Very exciting.
Not going to get too excited about Eze as I don't think we will have him for long. Really hope I'm wrong on that.
Chair on 17:04 - Apr 29 with 5078 viewsNorthernr

Very tidy little player. And actually quite strong for his size, only a midget but he's got a big arse on him and isn't easily knocked off a ball or beaten in a challenge.
Chair on 17:09 - Apr 29 with 5071 viewsflynnbo

Visibly improved in confidence after his goal spraying more forward passes.
Chair on 17:40 - Apr 29 with 5019 viewssexton

Clearly an intelligent player. Takes up good positions and wants the ball. Other players seemed reluctant to give it to him at first but he persevered. And on the same wavelength as Eze.
Chair on 17:44 - Apr 29 with 5012 viewsPunteR

Chair on 17:04 - Apr 29 by Northernr

Very tidy little player. And actually quite strong for his size, only a midget but he's got a big arse on him and isn't easily knocked off a ball or beaten in a challenge.

I bet his arse is not as big as Polters.. His arse had a moon orbiting around it..lol

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Chair on 19:39 - Apr 29 with 4876 viewsNeil_SI

What I really liked about his performance, and this applies to Eze as well, is how often they square the ball. I’ve not seen a lot of players doing this very often in recent years, but it’s a very effective way of positively retaining possession and inviting others into play.

I’ve also wondered why there has been a decline in these type of passes, but perhaps it’s all about risk, because if you accidentally give it away you can invite a lot of pressure on the back line.

I liked how quickly the moved the ball in these scenarios too. They didn’t take too long dallying about, they just got it under control, trying to reduce their risk of being dispossessed and then laying it off quickly and intelligently.

It will be interesting to see however whenever these guys are not on their game. If they’re not sharp and try to use their agility to skip around players to make these passés, they might get themselves caught on the ball. These for me are the moments you can judge their level of maturity and game management; and how they react to this is important for their development.
Chair on 08:41 - Apr 30 with 4637 viewspaulparker

he reminded me of Inesta obviously not as talented but in his stature and the way he was always looking up and always looking for the pass he also has a great touch and was getting into some good positions , lovely little player who needs to play a lot more next year if we play 4-2-3-1 with chair, eze , &Bright behind sylla that's what I would like to see especially at home

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Chair on 09:24 - Apr 30 with 4592 viewsPetros

Chair on 19:39 - Apr 29 by Neil_SI

What I really liked about his performance, and this applies to Eze as well, is how often they square the ball. I’ve not seen a lot of players doing this very often in recent years, but it’s a very effective way of positively retaining possession and inviting others into play.

I’ve also wondered why there has been a decline in these type of passes, but perhaps it’s all about risk, because if you accidentally give it away you can invite a lot of pressure on the back line.

I liked how quickly the moved the ball in these scenarios too. They didn’t take too long dallying about, they just got it under control, trying to reduce their risk of being dispossessed and then laying it off quickly and intelligently.

It will be interesting to see however whenever these guys are not on their game. If they’re not sharp and try to use their agility to skip around players to make these passés, they might get themselves caught on the ball. These for me are the moments you can judge their level of maturity and game management; and how they react to this is important for their development.

Agreed. I like our regular midfield trio, but I think they all hang on to the ball too long, there was much more urgency about the passing of Chair and Eze, even if it didn't always look like it. (cf Wilkins, whose passes may have looked obvious, but they were hit early and accurately, and sped the game up).Understanding/dictating rhythm one of the great assets of midfielders!
(No subject) (n/t) on 09:37 - Apr 30 with 4566 viewsBlueandWhiteRiot

Login to get fewer ads

Chair on 09:44 - Apr 30 with 4558 viewsdannyblue

And I loved his yellow card. Very mature and a foul we don't make often enough.
Chair on 09:49 - Apr 30 with 4544 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ya, lovely performance from him.

Got the skills but also worked hard for his team. Hope it continues.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Chair on 10:00 - Apr 30 with 4520 viewsrobith

One thing I've noticed of all the players who've stepped up from the youth set up in midfield all seem to have really good first touches, which allows them play at a higher tempo than we previously have been because players aren't fumbling for the ball.

It's....almost.....like they've been.....coached?
Chair on 10:05 - Apr 30 with 4507 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Chair on 10:00 - Apr 30 by robith

One thing I've noticed of all the players who've stepped up from the youth set up in midfield all seem to have really good first touches, which allows them play at a higher tempo than we previously have been because players aren't fumbling for the ball.

It's....almost.....like they've been.....coached?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Chair on 11:21 - Apr 30 with 4433 viewsToast_R

Little Chair...
Chair on 13:34 - Apr 30 with 4326 viewsPinnerPaul

To my shame I was doing some research on him on offy as forgot where he came from.

Latest interview and player profile says he is from Morocco but when he signed a 1 year contract last year offy called him Belgian?

2-1 Morocco, so he's Moroccan I guess?
Chair on 14:32 - Apr 30 with 4280 viewsEsox_Lucius

Chair on 13:34 - Apr 30 by PinnerPaul

To my shame I was doing some research on him on offy as forgot where he came from.

Latest interview and player profile says he is from Morocco but when he signed a 1 year contract last year offy called him Belgian?

2-1 Morocco, so he's Moroccan I guess?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilias_Chair

The grass is always greener.

Chair on 15:17 - Apr 30 with 4251 viewsPinnerPaul

Chair on 14:32 - Apr 30 by Esox_Lucius

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilias_Chair

That's the equaliser then?!

More confused than ever now!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024