Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky lose Spanish La Liga rights 11:09 - May 3 with 3234 viewskingsburyR

As if there wasn't enough PPV channels some crowd called Eleven Sports bought the rights.

I don't really watch Spanish football but do admit to having Sky TV.

Will they lower my subscription as I now have less to watch...... I doubt it!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Sky lose Spanish La Liga rights on 11:13 - May 3 with 3222 viewsdaveB

Sky losing a lot of football is bad news for us as they will try and fill the schedule with more football league games
Sky lose Spanish La Liga rights on 14:03 - May 3 with 3088 viewsNorthernr

They're already televising and huge amount more from the FL under the new deal.

As more and more digital players get involved you'll find sports spaced out all over the place. Eurosport have been bought by Discovery and have plenty of money to spend, Amazon are keen and have already taken US tennis, Twitter and Facebook are keen and have already tried some NFL.

I love this idea that "more competition is good for the consumer". I've really enjoyed having an extra £15 a month added to my bill since BT took some football I used to get under my existing Sky package. Big win for me the consumer there.
Sky lose Spanish La Liga rights on 14:30 - May 3 with 3040 viewspaulparker

that frees up more time for Dutch and MLS football plus we get more Leeds Utd on the Football league ,yipeee

no doubt SKY will hawk the prices up in august , got rid of mine a few months back and don't miss it whatsoever , went with Virgin so I get BT Sports who I think do a better job or shall I say show a lot more better leagues, ive got back in to serie A ,the german league is good , they show Scottish football ( I have a soft spot for those leagues) and the non league games which are really entertaining, plus champions league and Euro cup which credit due is the best ive seen

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Sky lose Spanish La Liga rights on 14:49 - May 3 with 2999 viewskingsburyR

Sky lose Spanish La Liga rights on 14:03 - May 3 by Northernr

As more and more digital players get involved you'll find sports spaced out all over the place. Eurosport have been bought by Discovery and have plenty of money to spend, Amazon are keen and have already taken US tennis, Twitter and Facebook are keen and have already tried some NFL.

I love this idea that "more competition is good for the consumer". I've really enjoyed having an extra £15 a month added to my bill since BT took some football I used to get under my existing Sky package. Big win for me the consumer there.

You can add another £10'er for the privilege of watching Getafe vs Real Betis!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Sky lose Spanish La Liga rights on 15:04 - May 3 with 2974 viewsmikeygunn

Fun fact....or not....Eleven Sports are owned by Leeds Chairman.

Sky also in danger of losing the Masters apparently
Sky lose Spanish La Liga rights on 15:40 - May 3 with 2930 viewsToast_R

Ok I know UEFA still get their money from BT for the rights to CL and Europa but the sponsors can't be too happy that the viewing figures since terrestrial TV lost the matches must have plummeted? I refuse to add BT to my Sky package so havent watched a European tie at home since.
Sky lose Spanish La Liga rights on 15:43 - May 3 with 2920 viewsbob566

one that really surprises me is that channel 4 have the F1 and its free to all.

What do BBC have left these days our of interest?

What do you all get for your tv license fee?

Don't know what's happening to Sky but they really need to catch the online bus or they'll be left behind kind of like blackberry were while they refused to go smartphone. Nearly killed the company.
Sky lose Spanish La Liga rights on 15:57 - May 3 with 2903 viewsMick_S

I'll miss the authenticity. Did anyone ever sip their wine?

[Post edited 3 May 2018 16:00]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Login to get fewer ads

Sky lose Spanish La Liga rights on 16:12 - May 3 with 2870 viewsTW_R

Sky lose Spanish La Liga rights on 14:03 - May 3 by Northernr

Exactly. It's f*cking ridiculous. The only people that have benefited is the PL. Selling multiple TV rights packages just gives them an opportunity to increase income as more broadcasters are likely to bid on one package (like BT) and push the price up on each one. There are far fewer companies out there that would necessarily want to drop (or afford to drop) the full money for one complete package.
Sky lose Spanish La Liga rights on 18:01 - May 3 with 2788 viewsTGRRRSSS

The El Classico aside I don't suppose people in general or SKy are especially worried about this, be interesting to see how many people join this 11 Sports for La Liga.

Apparently Sky paid 18mill for their last deal so not sure.

IN any event though I have Sky Sports I rarely watched La Liga games, as most were rather boring to be honest, technical perhaps but alot played at half pace.

It's a problem for Sports and football especially how much can they eek out of it, still feel it's a balloon waiting to go pop.
IN terms of this particular deal we'll see...
Sky lose Spanish La Liga rights on 19:56 - May 3 with 2694 viewsStanisgod

EFL going to Quest for the next 4 years apparently. 9 pm Saturday night highlights, plus midweek highlights and round up shows.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Sky lose Spanish La Liga rights on 20:11 - May 3 with 2677 viewsElHoop

Sky lose Spanish La Liga rights on 15:04 - May 3 by mikeygunn

Fun fact....or not....Eleven Sports are owned by Leeds Chairman.

Sky also in danger of losing the Masters apparently

They'd be heartbroken at losing the Masters - hours on end of waffle and no live golf, followed by a few hours of American has-beens trying to keep out of hospital.
Sky lose Spanish La Liga rights on 20:40 - May 3 with 2607 viewsCamberleyR

Sky lose Spanish La Liga rights on 15:43 - May 3 by bob566

one that really surprises me is that channel 4 have the F1 and its free to all.

What do BBC have left these days our of interest?

What do you all get for your tv license fee?

Don't know what's happening to Sky but they really need to catch the online bus or they'll be left behind kind of like blackberry were while they refused to go smartphone. Nearly killed the company.

BBC still have live coverage of:

Wimbledon
The Olympics
50% of the six nations rugby (split with ITV)
Last two rounds of the Masters
FA Cup games
Oh...and the Boat Race!

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Sky lose Spanish La Liga rights on 21:10 - May 3 with 2579 viewsdanehoop

Don't worry, Sky will soon refill their programming with other sporting highlights, including such gems as dwarf boxing, live from Manila (genuinely a thing!).

Never knowingly understood

Sky lose Spanish La Liga rights on 23:28 - May 3 with 2485 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sky's match coverage was very poor this season with no studio and no pictures of commentary teams at the match so most likely the commentary team were back in England. The commentary itself was bland and tired. It used to be decent.

What I will miss is the Sky La Liga podcast which covered every team in the division in a balanced, thorough and entertaining manner. Hugely enjoyable podcast. La Liga is my favourite league by far so I'll be watching this news develop with some trepidation. Sky were poor but...Eleven Sports???

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Sky lose Spanish La Liga rights on 12:41 - May 4 with 2332 viewsCamberleyR

Sky lose Spanish La Liga rights on 21:10 - May 3 by danehoop

Don't worry, Sky will soon refill their programming with other sporting highlights, including such gems as dwarf boxing, live from Manila (genuinely a thing!).

They'll probably take up Alan Partridge's idea of 'Inner City Sumo' that he pitched to his boss as he said that Sky will do it if they didn't. After all one of his madcap ideas 'Cooking In Prison' has already come to fruition.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Sky lose Spanish La Liga rights on 09:00 - May 5 with 2174 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Sky lose Spanish La Liga rights on 21:10 - May 3 by danehoop

I always preferred the undercard!

The home of dwarf throwing was a couple of throws down from my old local in Manila. As bad as that is, it was the live cock fights that were screened on TV that had me wandering WTF! And just so we’re clear, I’m talking of the featured kind not the other involving ladies!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024