Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Croatia ticket prices 11:58 - Jul 8 with 4811 viewsrrrspricey

Just checked out the official Fifa site and $480 each
Croatia ticket prices on 12:01 - Jul 8 with 4794 viewsstevec

That explains why not many of us out there
Croatia ticket prices on 12:15 - Jul 8 with 4745 viewssmegma

The cheapest tickets were for the 3 England group games at $105 each. ThieFA have got it made.
Croatia ticket prices on 12:35 - Jul 8 with 4709 viewsWatford_Ranger

Croatia ticket prices on 12:01 - Jul 8 by stevec

That explains why not many of us out there

There would be far more if it weren’t for the anti-Russian hysteria from our media. Sounds like those who have gone have had a fantastic time.

The prices are scandalous but it didn’t put the South Americans off. Only seems to have affected European fans.
Croatia ticket prices on 12:56 - Jul 8 with 4645 viewskingo

Croatia ticket prices on 12:35 - Jul 8 by Watford_Ranger

There would be far more if it weren’t for the anti-Russian hysteria from our media. Sounds like those who have gone have had a fantastic time.

The prices are scandalous but it didn’t put the South Americans off. Only seems to have affected European fans.

My nephew is out there with a few other Rs and they are having the times of their lives. He says the Russians are brilliant and really friendly.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Croatia ticket prices on 23:01 - Jul 8 with 4272 viewsstowmarketrange

How many times are we likely to see England reach a World Cup semi-final?
It works out at $17 a year between 1990 and 2018.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2018 23:02]
Croatia ticket prices on 23:27 - Jul 8 with 4221 viewsJigsore

was genuinely going to book this semi-final off work before it started and was told I was being presumptious i'll be able to snaffle the second half if im lucky

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Croatia ticket prices on 10:09 - Jul 9 with 3963 viewsJuzzie

Croatia ticket prices on 12:35 - Jul 8 by Watford_Ranger

Russia's regime are no angels yet nor are those we align to. Most big countries around the world are ruled by ar$eholes but in most cases the people are by and large just like everyone else. Wanting to live a normal life.
There will always be a minority that have extreme views of one thing or another but we always allow the minority to dictate everything. It was the same at school, the unrulely kid(s) in the class always got the teachers time and attention meaning the rest of us who just wanted to get on with things rarely got a look in.

It's such a shame the media propoganda (and let's face it, we are being fed propoganda by the media about a whole range of things), high prices for tickets and the potential for trouble, thankfully never materialised, has put thousands off. I just hope we can have a last minute surge of fans being able to go over there this week.

I just hope now that the Russian fans in the stadium will get behind us because they wont want the team that just knocked them out to get through and Vida's comments won't have gone down well.

[Post edited 9 Jul 2018 12:14]
Croatia ticket prices on 14:11 - Jul 9 with 3780 viewssmegma

Croatia ticket prices on 23:01 - Jul 8 by stowmarketrange

How many times are we likely to see England reach a World Cup semi-final?
It works out at $17 a year between 1990 and 2018.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2018 23:02]

Utter nonsense. Do you work for ThieFA?
Login to get fewer ads

Croatia ticket prices on 16:45 - Jul 9 with 3655 viewsstowmarketrange

Croatia ticket prices on 14:11 - Jul 9 by smegma

Utter nonsense. Do you work for ThieFA?

Er,no.
It was just my opinion on the ticket prices.Those are probably the top priced tickets for a World Cup semi-final.How much would you expect to pay?I know they’re overpriced but it is normal to whack the prices up when the demand is high.The hotels and bars are all probably charging extra too in order to make as much as possible while they can.
Croatia ticket prices on 18:30 - Jul 9 with 3573 viewssmegma

Croatia ticket prices on 16:45 - Jul 9 by stowmarketrange

Er,no.
It was just my opinion on the ticket prices.Those are probably the top priced tickets for a World Cup semi-final.How much would you expect to pay?I know they’re overpriced but it is normal to whack the prices up when the demand is high.The hotels and bars are all probably charging extra too in order to make as much as possible while they can.

They're not top priced tickets. The final tickets START at £400 plus.

My tickets for the 3 group games at Germany 2006 were €45 euros each. The cheapest. This year the same tickets were $105 dollars. So more than double the price. And mates wonder why I don't do tournaments anymore ??? Euro 88 tickets were £5 each.
ThieFA are a law unto themselves. Did you know that England fans have to buy both 3rd/4th place play off tickets AND final tickets when you can only play in one of the games ??? Now multiply that by 32 countries sets of supporters . So 32 lots of fans buy a ticket for a final that ONLY 2 sets of fans can attend. The money had to be paid by January, 5 months in advance. And when the tournament is over, ThieFA take up to 3 months in refunding fans. Meanwhile that money sits in the bank for 8-9 months earning interest.
The biggest daylight robbery inflicted on thousands in the modern age. Even Dick Turpin wore a mask.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2018 18:32]
Croatia ticket prices on 19:54 - Jul 9 with 3495 viewsstowmarketrange

Croatia ticket prices on 18:30 - Jul 9 by smegma

They're not top priced tickets. The final tickets START at £400 plus.

My tickets for the 3 group games at Germany 2006 were €45 euros each. The cheapest. This year the same tickets were $105 dollars. So more than double the price. And mates wonder why I don't do tournaments anymore ??? Euro 88 tickets were £5 each.
ThieFA are a law unto themselves. Did you know that England fans have to buy both 3rd/4th place play off tickets AND final tickets when you can only play in one of the games ??? Now multiply that by 32 countries sets of supporters . So 32 lots of fans buy a ticket for a final that ONLY 2 sets of fans can attend. The money had to be paid by January, 5 months in advance. And when the tournament is over, ThieFA take up to 3 months in refunding fans. Meanwhile that money sits in the bank for 8-9 months earning interest.
The biggest daylight robbery inflicted on thousands in the modern age. Even Dick Turpin wore a mask.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2018 18:32]

That was 12 years ago when you only paid €45 a ticket.
The sting with the 3rd/4th place and final tickets is wrong,but so many fans have to buy extra tickets for games from the 2nd round onwards that they hope their teams will play in that in is all a farce.Fans have to buy full price tickets and then have to hopefully sell them on once their teams are knocked out,or play at different venues.
It isn’t the people’s game any more and there isn’t much we can do about it.We either pay up or miss out.
Croatia ticket prices on 20:08 - Jul 9 with 3478 viewsqpr1976

Croatia ticket prices on 12:15 - Jul 8 by smegma

The cheapest tickets were for the 3 England group games at $105 each. ThieFA have got it made.

$105 Bargain IMO.

Amazed Semi Finals are not both completely sold out months ago.
Likewise the Final.

$400 for the Final ? I’d pay it. Once in a lifetime opportunity. (IF we make it!)

And blaming the media for a low England turnout is a bit harsh, everyone saw the pictures in France 2 years ago with Russian hoolies. Lots of people made their minds up then.
Although admittedly, it’s been organised very well so far.
Croatia ticket prices on 22:17 - Jul 9 with 3384 viewssmegma

Croatia ticket prices on 19:54 - Jul 9 by stowmarketrange

That was 12 years ago when you only paid €45 a ticket.
The sting with the 3rd/4th place and final tickets is wrong,but so many fans have to buy extra tickets for games from the 2nd round onwards that they hope their teams will play in that in is all a farce.Fans have to buy full price tickets and then have to hopefully sell them on once their teams are knocked out,or play at different venues.
It isn’t the people’s game any more and there isn’t much we can do about it.We either pay up or miss out.

So IF, and it's a massive if, QPR reach a quarter final or semi final this season, £400 would be OK ???
Croatia ticket prices on 22:29 - Jul 9 with 3373 viewsqpr1976

Croatia ticket prices on 22:17 - Jul 9 by smegma

So IF, and it's a massive if, QPR reach a quarter final or semi final this season, £400 would be OK ???

Nope.

There’s a significant difference between $400 and £400.

There’s also a difference between Quarter Finals, Semi Finals (prices started at $105) and the Final (prices starting at $400)

Also a difference between getting a ticket early doors and waiting until the last minute.

And in all honesty, watching Kane & Co, is more marketable than watching Freeman, Eze, (delete as applicable or replace with your own favourite).

Finally, England are 2 wins away from om the greatest prize in football (certainly internationally), the FA Cup quarter final is 3 wins away from arguably, the 3rd best prize domestically in Europe and some here think it’s devalued well below that, including the Championship !
Croatia ticket prices on 22:41 - Jul 9 with 3363 viewsdistortR

It's not acceptable at all, it's ruthless profiteering. They charge it because they can and there's enough people who can/will lump it, but it doesn't make it right.
Croatia ticket prices on 22:50 - Jul 9 with 3351 viewssmegma

Croatia ticket prices on 22:41 - Jul 9 by distortR

It's not acceptable at all, it's ruthless profiteering. They charge it because they can and there's enough people who can/will lump it, but it doesn't make it right.

The FA have managed to get some more tickets for Wednesdays semi final at a mere £578 (face value)

https://englandsupporters.thefa.com/b/news/archive/2018/07/08/semi-final-ticket-
Croatia ticket prices on 23:07 - Jul 9 with 3325 viewsstowmarketrange

Croatia ticket prices on 22:17 - Jul 9 by smegma

I never said it was ok.What I meant was it is what it is.No amount of protest from any of us is ever going to change things.
I just compared the number of years since we made the semifinals compared to the cost of the tickets to see the game.
I was tempted to pay it and see a World Cup semi involving my country for possibly the last time in my lifetime.I decided against it at the last minute.It wasn’t the cost of the ticket that put me off but the problems buying one in the first place.I will probably regret it but I’ll live with it.
Croatia ticket prices on 23:43 - Jul 9 with 3291 viewsSydneyRs

I would absolutely pay 400 or more to see England in a world cup final if I had the chance to be there. I was 21 the last time we made a semi, if it takes that long again I might not be around to see it.
Croatia ticket prices on 06:39 - Jul 10 with 3202 viewsdistortR

Croatia ticket prices on 23:43 - Jul 9 by SydneyRs

I would absolutely pay 400 or more to see England in a world cup final if I had the chance to be there. I was 21 the last time we made a semi, if it takes that long again I might not be around to see it.

I think the point is, you shouldn't have to mate.

they take the sport we, the people, have kept going for so long and then sell it back to us at ridiculous prices!
Croatia ticket prices on 09:27 - Jul 10 with 3083 viewsLythamR

Croatia ticket prices on 06:39 - Jul 10 by distortR

I think the point is, you shouldn't have to mate.

they take the sport we, the people, have kept going for so long and then sell it back to us at ridiculous prices!

Its not just football though.

its how the world works at a fundamental level, supply and demand market pricing superheated by corporates desperately trying to meet shareholders demands for profit and dividends

If you look at the specific product, its rarity and the demand then £400 quid plus looks like a steal

if there are lots of empty seats then they will know they got it wrong, but there wonts be.

That doesnt make it palatable for an individual forking out for a ticket but thats simply how it is

As long as we keep buying it at the price they are selling it back to us at they will continue to push it higher and higher.
Croatia ticket prices on 10:32 - Jul 10 with 3046 viewsstevec

What I don't get is that Peru and Colombia, probably two of the poorest nations attending the World Cup, had by far the largest fan base of competing countries.
Croatia ticket prices on 10:46 - Jul 10 with 3030 viewsJuzzie

Croatia ticket prices on 20:08 - Jul 9 by qpr1976

$105 Bargain IMO.

Amazed Semi Finals are not both completely sold out months ago.
Likewise the Final.

$400 for the Final ? I’d pay it. Once in a lifetime opportunity. (IF we make it!)

And blaming the media for a low England turnout is a bit harsh, everyone saw the pictures in France 2 years ago with Russian hoolies. Lots of people made their minds up then.
Although admittedly, it’s been organised very well so far.

My comment about the media wasn't linked to the troubles in France during Euro 2016.

The media have been very anti-Russia especially in the wake of the Salisbury incidents. Nothing quite like creating a 'baddie' to deflect from national problems.
Again, I recognise they're no angels but what happens at government level should not reflect on the people, the culture, the heritage of any country. Apart from a handful of exceptions, most places in the world are OK to go to.

Yes, the trouble in France was there to see but fans always behave worse abroad than at home. The Russian authorities contacted all the top hoolies and basically told them that for 4 weeks they stay at home and if they are caught doing things they shouldn't be doing they'll end up in prison. Why they can't do that anyway for domestic games is another matter but at least it's worked for this World Cup.

I can understand though why it's put people off. We're suffering for what our elders did 30-40 years ago. Most hoolies abroad model themselves on the English of the 70's and 80's whilst forgetting those people have now grown up (some haven't) and have families, have 'retired' etc and most English fans travelling to tournaments these days are there to enjoy themselves and not get battered by tw@ts in fanny packs.

Euro 2020 I think could be a different matter sadly.

[Post edited 10 Jul 2018 12:06]
Croatia ticket prices on 12:29 - Jul 10 with 2952 viewsLythamR

Croatia ticket prices on 10:32 - Jul 10 by stevec

What I don't get is that Peru and Colombia, probably two of the poorest nations attending the World Cup, had by far the largest fan base of competing countries.

I heard a discussion on this on Radio 5 live

Apparently supporters from south american countries and central america have a tendancy to save for years and bank their holidays to put it all in for the World Cup

I must say I have been massively impressed with the turn our from countries outside of Europe, its really made for a spectacular tournament
Croatia ticket prices on 12:49 - Jul 10 with 2915 viewskingo

Croatia ticket prices on 12:29 - Jul 10 by LythamR

I heard a discussion on this on Radio 5 live

Apparently supporters from south american countries and central america have a tendancy to save for years and bank their holidays to put it all in for the World Cup

I must say I have been massively impressed with the turn our from countries outside of Europe, its really made for a spectacular tournament

Many of them are from the US. Mates at the Colombia game said that there were loads of them and aggressive too.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Croatia ticket prices on 13:06 - Jul 10 with 2883 viewsBrianWilliamsBeard

Croatia ticket prices on 12:49 - Jul 10 by kingo

Many of them are from the US. Mates at the Colombia game said that there were loads of them and aggressive too.

Exactly this. The same for many other countries. It explains why the US was the biggest market for tickets outside of Russia.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024