Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is part of my delivery patch 20:38 - Jul 22 with 4327 viewsloftboy

How come The main broadcasters like the bbc and sky haven’t reported on it?
[Post edited 24 Jul 2018 10:06]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

This is part of my delivery patch on 20:52 - Jul 22 with 4275 viewsMaggsinho

MSM? What are you now? A Corbynite?
This is part of my delivery patch on 21:19 - Jul 22 with 4198 viewsLimehouseR

That's pretty much a standard day in any inner city borough.

All the recent media attention is largely political and actually there are double figures for amount of stabbings a day in London that just never get reported.

Now that the summer holidays are upon us there will unfortunately be an increase in youth violence as the gangs will find it easier to recruit bored and impressionable teenagers. There's a feeling among youth workers and the emergency services that it could be particularly bad this summer as the government have really stripped down the services available to young people. I know everyone has a choice and really there is no excuse but it's happening more and more out there.
This is part of my delivery patch on 21:32 - Jul 22 with 4141 viewsE17hoop

Because it's not been fully verified?

Because it happened on a Saturday night/Sunday morning when newsrooms are more lightly staffed?

Because it's accepted in some boroughs more than others?

Because you have a local connection you have a higher expectation of it being reported?

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

This is part of my delivery patch on 21:52 - Jul 22 with 4060 viewsBoston

This is part of my delivery patch on 21:32 - Jul 22 by E17hoop

Because it's not been fully verified?

Because it happened on a Saturday night/Sunday morning when newsrooms are more lightly staffed?

Because it's accepted in some boroughs more than others?

Because you have a local connection you have a higher expectation of it being reported?

....or maybe nobody cares anymore?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

This is part of my delivery patch on 21:52 - Jul 22 with 4072 viewsNorthernr

Oh Christ, we're at "MSM" levels on here now are we?
This is part of my delivery patch on 21:56 - Jul 22 with 4040 viewsBoston

This is part of my delivery patch on 21:52 - Jul 22 by Northernr

Last stage before 'drive by'.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

This is part of my delivery patch on 22:30 - Jul 22 with 3959 viewsLunarJetman

Don't remember seeing this either... It's a cover up I tell you!

This is part of my delivery patch on 22:48 - Jul 22 with 3917 viewsDannyPaddox

MSM?

Ah ... Marks & Spencer's Menswear
Login to get fewer ads

This is part of my delivery patch on 22:50 - Jul 22 with 3911 viewsloftboy

This is part of my delivery patch on 21:52 - Jul 22 by Northernr

I know clive, just quicker than typing out bbc news sky news etc!!
As to it not being reported ten years ago this would have been headlines on every news outlet going, have we become that used to it that hangs in balaclavas stabbing each other isn’t newsworthy anymore.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2018 22:50]

This is part of my delivery patch on 00:27 - Jul 23 with 3751 viewsMyke

This is part of my delivery patch on 22:50 - Jul 22 by loftboy

As to it not being reported ten years ago this would have been headlines on every news outlet going, have we become that used to it that hangs in balaclavas stabbing each other isn’t newsworthy anymore.

dammit Loftboy was just getting interested - thought it was some form of bondage
This is part of my delivery patch on 03:27 - Jul 23 with 3701 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thirty years ago a woman was stabbed to death in her flat on Wembley's Chalk Hill Estate and was only found two months later despite the smell and flies. It made one edition of the local paper but not National news.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

This is part of my delivery patch on 06:28 - Jul 23 with 3612 viewsFearless

This is part of my delivery patch on 03:27 - Jul 23 by BrianMcCarthy

Thirty years ago a woman was stabbed to death in her flat on Wembley's Chalk Hill Estate and was only found two months later despite the smell and flies. It made one edition of the local paper but not National news.

Mixing threads and off at a tangent, but this is well worth a watch

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1819513/
This is part of my delivery patch on 08:16 - Jul 23 with 3480 viewspaulparker

This is part of my delivery patch on 22:50 - Jul 22 by loftboy

once upon a time a 3 year old doused in Acid would be headline news on the hour every hour for weeks on end , now its just the accepted norm in our wonderful diverse society we live in

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

This is part of my delivery patch on 08:36 - Jul 23 with 3420 viewshopphoops

A normal sunny day in London.

In contrast, in Geneva there are two things to see - the jet d'eau and a rather poky floral clock, which I once noticed was not telling the right time, in a notably un-Swiss way. The next day's front page headline of the local rag:

FLORAL CLOCK SLOW

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

This is part of my delivery patch on 08:40 - Jul 23 with 3406 viewsdanehoop

This is part of my delivery patch on 08:16 - Jul 23 by paulparker

once upon a time a 3 year old doused in Acid would be headline news on the hour every hour for weeks on end , now its just the accepted norm in our wonderful diverse society we live in

It sure that is fair PP. it is wall to wall news, it police have now made arrests and starts to become difficult for reporting until that investigation is completed and charges made. At that point it becomes more problematic for reporters as the case effectively reaches a point where more detailed reports could be argued as prejudicing a fair trial.

Real journalists understand that and usually work within it.

Never knowingly understood

This is part of my delivery patch on 09:35 - Jul 23 with 3284 views1MoreBrightonR

multiple stabbings in one borough in London isnt newsworthy and is relatively common. I'm in waltham forest and someone got shot in the leg at 2pm at an overground station and it didnt make local news, let alone mainstream news. We have a habit of there being a stabbing and then a retaliation stabbing later that evening, and you get an increase in weapons seized because the police adopt a high profile stop and search campaign for a day or two to try and prevent it.

Nothing to do with the media and reporting, just what is deemed newsworthy and out of the ordinary.
This is part of my delivery patch on 11:27 - Jul 23 with 3129 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Versailles only has 3 episodes left to air then no more.

Tempted to start one of those petition thingies. They could have at least got to the War of the Spanish Succession before axing it.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

This is part of my delivery patch on 11:34 - Jul 23 with 3106 viewsBrianMcCarthy

This is part of my delivery patch on 09:35 - Jul 23 by 1MoreBrightonR

multiple stabbings in one borough in London isnt newsworthy and is relatively common. I'm in waltham forest and someone got shot in the leg at 2pm at an overground station and it didnt make local news, let alone mainstream news. We have a habit of there being a stabbing and then a retaliation stabbing later that evening, and you get an increase in weapons seized because the police adopt a high profile stop and search campaign for a day or two to try and prevent it.

Nothing to do with the media and reporting, just what is deemed newsworthy and out of the ordinary.

In last night's Irish Language News on the telly, one of the headlines was that twelve puppies were found abandoned in a horsebox in Co. Galway!

This wasn't a cute fluffy filler piece either. It was delivered as serious news for the Nation.

And people wonder how the bankers took us for €64 billion...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

This is part of my delivery patch on 11:45 - Jul 23 with 3054 viewsrobith

Anyone who uses MSM is a full weirdo.
This is part of my delivery patch on 01:23 - Jul 24 with 2746 viewsMyke

This is part of my delivery patch on 11:45 - Jul 23 by robith

My daughter was VERY upset by that story Brian, especially when she heard some of them had died and especially as it happened in an area of Athenry where friends of ours live. Not bothered about Trump or Putin or any of that stuff though - the world we live in
This is part of my delivery patch on 10:06 - Jul 24 with 2578 viewsloftboy

This is part of my delivery patch on 11:45 - Jul 23 by robith

Totally agree 😇

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024