Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
To cheers us all up............................. 18:57 - Aug 20 with 2387 viewsPinnerPaul

I'm after memories of heavy VICTORIES

Obviously the famous Man Utd away win will be on many lists.

A few for older viewers to start

1) QPR 6 West Ham Utd 1 - Think we were one down as well
2) QPR 5 Blackpool 0 - Very hot day and Blackpool played in black and finally one for even older viewers
3) QPR 5 Birmingham 2 and that wonderful Rodney Marsh hat trick

Off you go, make yourself feel better and post some recollections of happier days!
To cheers us all up............................. on 19:37 - Aug 20 with 2355 viewsJuzzie

QPR 6 - Crystal Palace 0

A win guaranteed safety and Palace did a great job in getting two players sent off and even Kulscar and Scully scored

QPR 8 - Crewe 1. Early round league cup circa 82. We scored after about 12 seconds and they equalised a few minutes later. One way after that.

QPR 6 - Partizan Belgrade 2. 2nd leg not so good

QPR 6 - Stoke 0, mid 80s. Stoke manager sacked afterwards

Woog beat me to the Chelsea game!

[Post edited 20 Aug 2018 20:29]
To cheers us all up............................. on 19:46 - Aug 20 with 2335 viewsDWQPR

QPR 5 Everton 0 1975-76

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

To cheers us all up............................. on 20:01 - Aug 20 with 2302 viewsRangersw12

Remember beating Coventry in the mid 90's 5-1

Demolishing Boro 5-0 in a midweek game when they were going for promotion

Blackpool 5-0 opening day Aisnworth getting a couple

Barnsley 5-2 opening day ? didn't Hall miss a pen for his hatrick
To cheers us all up............................. on 20:05 - Aug 20 with 2292 viewsWoog

Surely, Bank Holiday Easter Monday 1986...

QPR 6 Chelscum 0

Johnny Byrne & Gary Bannister. Glory days.
To cheers us all up............................. on 20:12 - Aug 20 with 2272 viewsMonahoop

To cheers us all up............................. on 19:46 - Aug 20 by DWQPR

QPR 5 Everton 0 1975-76

That was my first game at Loftus Road. Amazing stuff. Saw the corresponding game on the opening day of the next season and the Toffees bopped us 4-0. Not so amazing.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

To cheers us all up............................. on 21:18 - Aug 20 with 2190 viewsRangersw12

Beating Leeds 4-1 the year they won the league

Can't think of many more games where we scored 5 in the last 30 years though
To cheers us all up............................. on 21:31 - Aug 20 with 2172 viewsDejR_vu

To cheers us all up............................. on 19:37 - Aug 20 by Juzzie

QPR 6 - Crystal Palace 0

A win guaranteed safety and Palace did a great job in getting two players sent off and even Kulscar and Scully scored

QPR 8 - Crewe 1. Early round league cup circa 82. We scored after about 12 seconds and they equalised a few minutes later. One way after that.

QPR 6 - Partizan Belgrade 2. 2nd leg not so good

QPR 6 - Stoke 0, mid 80s. Stoke manager sacked afterwards

Woog beat me to the Chelsea game!

[Post edited 20 Aug 2018 20:29]

Remember the Crewe game. Ian Stewart lobbed the keeper from what seemed just outside the centre circle. Bounced so high on the plastic pitch thought it was going to bounce over the bar. It was still heading north as it bounced into the top of the net just underneath the bar.

And the 6-2 at Highbury. Warren Neill winning a tackle, swivelling and smashing one in, in one movement, top far corner from miles out...... Then got sent off I think. Bannister got two or three I think.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2018 21:48]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

To cheers us all up............................. on 21:36 - Aug 20 with 2165 viewssmegma

QPR 8 Sheffield Wednesday 2 is the highest scoring Rangers game I've been to.

And 5-5 against the Toon of course
[Post edited 20 Aug 2018 23:14]
Login to get fewer ads

To cheers us all up............................. on 21:37 - Aug 20 with 2165 viewsDejR_vu

To cheers us all up............................. on 20:05 - Aug 20 by Woog

Surely, Bank Holiday Easter Monday 1986...

QPR 6 Chelscum 0

Johnny Byrne & Gary Bannister. Glory days.

Didn't Bannister score 28 goals that season or is my mind playing tricks? Would be worth a fortune today.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

To cheers us all up............................. on 21:42 - Aug 20 with 2150 viewssmegma

To cheers us all up............................. on 21:37 - Aug 20 by DejR_vu

Didn't Bannister score 28 goals that season or is my mind playing tricks? Would be worth a fortune today.

28 goals in 84-85. ONLY 18 in 85-86 !!! 72 in 172 games for us .Yes, he'd probably go for £30m today.
To cheers us all up............................. on 22:12 - Aug 20 with 2109 viewscolinallcars

Rangers 7 Hinckley Athletic 2, Donkey years ago in the FA Cup at the White City. Seem to remember Hinckley playing in green and white quartered shirts. Wouldn't mind that as our away strip instead of the hated pink fiasco.
To cheers us all up............................. on 22:18 - Aug 20 with 2097 viewsBucksRanger

the hated pink flamingo.
To cheers us all up............................. on 22:18 - Aug 20 with 2097 viewsNLondonHoop

7-0 vs Burnley in 1979
To cheers us all up............................. on 23:08 - Aug 20 with 2034 viewsCamberleyR

Beating the reigning league champions Derby County 5-1 on their own dungheap with Stan getting a hat trick. We also played without our regular central defence of Webb and McLintock and played a couple of kids in Ron Abbott and Tony Tagg.

Smashed Bolton 7-1 at home a few weeks before the Cup Final

6-1 at home to Middlesbrough who were bizarrely wearing a borrowed orange with black trim old third kit shirt of ours rather than their usual red shirts.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2018 23:10]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

To cheers us all up............................. on 23:25 - Aug 20 with 2014 viewsPeterHucker

Lots of the ones already mentioned but also 6-1 v Luton. Wegerle Sinton and Wilkins all brilliant.
Wegerle got 3 I think and the best bit was Paul Parker getting the 6th at Loft End (his only goal for us)
To cheers us all up............................. on 23:40 - Aug 20 with 1994 viewssmegma

To cheers us all up............................. on 23:25 - Aug 20 by PeterHucker

Lots of the ones already mentioned but also 6-1 v Luton. Wegerle Sinton and Wilkins all brilliant.
Wegerle got 3 I think and the best bit was Paul Parker getting the 6th at Loft End (his only goal for us)

Unfortunately Wegerle never scored a hat trick for us, he got two in the 6-1 Luton game.

Just checking the history books and I discovered George Goddard scored 16 and Brian Bedford scored a mere 14 hat tricks for us !!!!!
To cheers us all up............................. on 23:53 - Aug 20 with 1977 viewsCamberleyR

To cheers us all up............................. on 23:25 - Aug 20 by PeterHucker

It was actually at the school end

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

To cheers us all up............................. on 00:17 - Aug 21 with 1963 viewsDannyPaddox

Not cheering me up. Making me feel worse.
To cheers us all up............................. on 09:07 - Aug 21 with 1865 viewsqprxtc

Exeter 0 Rangers 5. League Cup a few years back. Biggest away victory I've seen and I think it was 0-0 at half time?

8-1 v Crewe is the most I've seen us score, the biggest margin of victory I've seen is 7 (8-1 v Crewe, 7-0 v Burnley).

We haven't scored 6 since Palace, haven't scored 7 since Crewe (in the league it would be v Bolton 7-1 in April 82).

It'd be nice for us to give some team a good old fashioned leathering. But we probably have more to come before we do that.
To cheers us all up............................. on 09:35 - Aug 21 with 1839 viewsdodge_stoke_r

To cheers us all up............................. on 21:42 - Aug 20 by smegma

28 goals in 84-85. ONLY 18 in 85-86 !!! 72 in 172 games for us .Yes, he'd probably go for £30m today.

Knowing our transfer strategy, we would sell him for a bag of "magic" beans
[Post edited 21 Aug 2018 9:37]
To cheers us all up............................. on 10:02 - Aug 21 with 1810 viewsEsox_Lucius

Only 1 goal but Chelsea at home when they had 2 sent off and were so intimidated by the atmosphere that Mata? went to take a corner in front of R Block and got so much abuse hurled at him that he walked away and left it for Lampard to take. The Stoke game at home was a similar story, not many goals but an atmosphere to live long n the memory.

The grass is always greener.

To cheers us all up............................. on 10:07 - Aug 21 with 1807 viewsrbsranger

The 6-1 against Boro in 82-83 (I think) that someone mentioned above is a particular favourite of mine because the Youtube highlights show a great Roeder shuffle that was his calling card.
Loved that team that got to the Cup Final in 82 and then romped to the 2nd division title the following season
To cheers us all up............................. on 11:03 - Aug 21 with 1774 viewsloftboy

Definitely the Chelsea 6-0 and the Luton 6-1 are the ones that I remember with the most affection mainly due to the opposition.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024