Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Conor Washington when he was known as ... 14:07 - Sep 5 with 2453 viewsEsox_Lucius

... Djibril Cissé. That boy could finish :-)

The grass is always greener.

Conor Washington when he was known as ... on 20:17 - Sep 5 with 2162 viewsloftboy

The stoke fans described the celebrations after his late winner as the biggest “home mental” they had witnessed.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Conor Washington when he was known as ... on 21:00 - Sep 5 with 2114 viewsGroveR

I hadn't realised SWP set up four of those goals although true to form the first was a mishit volley which would have gone out for a throw if he'd got anything on it, the second was a deflected chip and the third was an aimless punt Lescott decided to clear with his 50p-piece shaped head rather than the round one.
Conor Washington when he was known as ... on 21:15 - Sep 5 with 2097 viewsjohncharles

Conor Washington when he was known as ... on 21:00 - Sep 5 by GroveR

I hadn't realised SWP set up four of those goals although true to form the first was a mishit volley which would have gone out for a throw if he'd got anything on it, the second was a deflected chip and the third was an aimless punt Lescott decided to clear with his 50p-piece shaped head rather than the round one.

Seek help

Strong and stable my arse.

Conor Washington when he was known as ... on 21:15 - Sep 5 with 2096 viewsTacticalR

Olé...Olé, Olé, Olé...Cissé, Cissé!

Air hostess clique

Conor Washington when he was known as ... on 21:28 - Sep 5 with 2061 viewsbosh67

Yup he was a very good finisher.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Conor Washington when he was known as ... on 22:42 - Sep 5 with 1949 viewsMistication92

Those two Etihad goals make me wish every game had A TV camera pointed at the away end. Bedlam.
Conor Washington when he was known as ... on 22:51 - Sep 5 with 1923 viewsNortholt_Rs

Conor Washington when he was known as ... on 20:17 - Sep 5 by loftboy

The stoke fans described the celebrations after his late winner as the biggest “home mental” they had witnessed.

How many of his goals were first time strikes? Fantastic goalscorer.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Conor Washington when he was known as ... on 00:16 - Sep 6 with 1852 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Conor Washington when he was known as ... on 22:51 - Sep 5 by Northolt_Rs

And he hits them: low, hard and on target. You give yourself so much more of a chance with the latter!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Login to get fewer ads

Conor Washington when he was known as ... on 00:21 - Sep 6 with 1847 viewsisawqpratwcity

Conor Washington when he was known as ... on 22:51 - Sep 5 by Northolt_Rs

Yeah, he was special. A rare source of joy among a parade of drones.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Conor Washington when he was known as ... on 01:19 - Sep 6 with 1830 viewstimcocking

It's just a shame he couldn't run.
Conor Washington when he was known as ... on 02:38 - Sep 6 with 1818 viewsJigsore

Cissé was a madman that half season. if nearly everyone else Hughes had brought in hadn't being his classic shite mercenaries then Cissé would be talked about in much higher regard and might have done better the following season in a dressing room opposite to the one we got. every goal he scored was electric and he celebrated like it mattered too (complete with the Bircham hairdos )

hugely enjoyed most of his goals practically being just c*nting it as hard as he could

actually seeing Rob Hulse with his arm around Cisse's shoulder his really odd for some reason. it makes me wonder if this ever actually happened
[Post edited 6 Sep 2018 2:40]

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Conor Washington when he was known as ... on 08:59 - Sep 6 with 1652 viewsEsox_Lucius

He is a little like Taye Taiwo in that respect. Anyone who watched them play could see what great players they were for us but it all got lost in the maelstrom of fückwittery that was taking place during those times. It was the same with Vargas and Isla, absolutely top notch players but badly used in their time with us.

The grass is always greener.

Conor Washington when he was known as ... on 10:46 - Sep 6 with 1582 viewsfrancisbowles

Commentator mentioned 6 goals in 8 appearances. I think he got sent off in the other two!

When he got a chance he never seemed to miss.
Conor Washington when he was known as ... on 11:00 - Sep 6 with 1564 viewsmakaveli1882

Conor Washington when he was known as ... on 10:46 - Sep 6 by francisbowles

Commentator mentioned 6 goals in 8 appearances. I think he got sent off in the other two!

When he got a chance he never seemed to miss.

Not sure how it even played for us, pure class and way to good for us.

Saggy face messed up his time with us.
Conor Washington when he was known as ... on 14:14 - Sep 6 with 1450 viewsfrancisbowles

Conor Washington when he was known as ... on 11:00 - Sep 6 by makaveli1882

Not sure how it even played for us, pure class and way to good for us.

Saggy face messed up his time with us.

Think it might have been the salary!
Conor Washington when he was known as ... on 14:20 - Sep 6 with 1440 viewsLongsufferingR

Absolutely loved him, the grade A mentalist. How about the celebration after pulling us back to 6-1 at Chelsea as though we'd won the cup?

Had forgotten he died his hair blue as well.
Conor Washington when he was known as ... on 15:57 - Sep 6 with 1370 viewsessextaxiboy

Conor Washington when he was known as ... on 01:19 - Sep 6 by timcocking

It's just a shame he couldn't run.

Shame he kept getting sent off and suspended , great finishing though ..
Conor Washington when he was known as ... on 16:08 - Sep 6 with 1358 viewsFDC

Conor Washington when he was known as ... on 02:38 - Sep 6 by Jigsore

Cissé was a madman that half season. if nearly everyone else Hughes had brought in hadn't being his classic shite mercenaries then Cissé would be talked about in much higher regard and might have done better the following season in a dressing room opposite to the one we got. every goal he scored was electric and he celebrated like it mattered too (complete with the Bircham hairdos )

hugely enjoyed most of his goals practically being just c*nting it as hard as he could

actually seeing Rob Hulse with his arm around Cisse's shoulder his really odd for some reason. it makes me wonder if this ever actually happened
[Post edited 6 Sep 2018 2:40]

seeing Rob Hulse with his arm around Cisse's shoulder his really odd for some reason. it makes me wonder if this ever actually happened

Totally get what you mean; there are a few players from that era of that I suddenly remember played for us and briefly doubt my own memory. The whole era is a like a strange detox dream to be honest.
Conor Washington when he was known as ... on 16:39 - Sep 6 with 1310 viewsDannyPaddox

Conor Washington when he was known as ... on 14:20 - Sep 6 by LongsufferingR

Absolutely loved him, the grade A mentalist. How about the celebration after pulling us back to 6-1 at Chelsea as though we'd won the cup?

Had forgotten he died his hair blue as well.

I love that goal. We cheered like it was last goal wins. Cisse celebrated with venom too. Top centre-forward for us. After the game I walked past the Sporting Pages off the Fulham Road. A bloke was on his phone saying: "They went mental when they scored. I don't get it". Of course you don't get it you Chelski muppet.
Conor Washington when he was known as ... on 17:05 - Sep 6 with 1284 viewsPunteR

It was a weird time.
One of the reasons i feel we need to get our own state of the art training ground is to be able to keep these sort of players. As shallow as it may sound. Despite the money we were paying them,players just didn't seem to want to be here. We were signing players who had played at the very top level and played at the best stadiums and training grounds around the world.
I dont think having to turn up at Harlington every day while their manager sat in a portacabin really inspired them tbh.
Of course there was other factors why we were gash while in the prem. The two most uninspiring managers known to football didnt help.
Cisse was decent though, when on the pitch. We've had some very good players over the years . Its just such a shame we couldn't build a decent squad with them and properly compete while in the top division.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024