Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crap penalty 18:15 - Feb 9 with 6665 viewsloftboy

Why over complicate things with stupid disjointed run ups.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Crap penalty on 18:18 - Feb 9 with 4380 viewsbosh67

I'll never know why players do that. Was hoping Bidwell would take it but he missed the last one. Then hoped Smith, who is on fire would take it and I think he would have buried it but Wells did that thing that players that miss penalties do. He stopped in the run up and that is often fatal. But, not too many pelters for Wells. He plays his heart out for the team and that was a huge pressure moment that Camp read quite easily in the end.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Crap penalty on 18:29 - Feb 9 with 4311 viewsstowmarketrange

Crap penalty on 18:18 - Feb 9 by bosh67

I'll never know why players do that. Was hoping Bidwell would take it but he missed the last one. Then hoped Smith, who is on fire would take it and I think he would have buried it but Wells did that thing that players that miss penalties do. He stopped in the run up and that is often fatal. But, not too many pelters for Wells. He plays his heart out for the team and that was a huge pressure moment that Camp read quite easily in the end.

I hear that the brum players were encroaching in the area as the penalty but as the ref had it down for an away win on his coupon there was no way it was going to be retaken.
Crap penalty on 18:29 - Feb 9 with 4312 viewsquickpassrotter

He had probably been watching Pogba and his stuttering run ups to penalties. But Pogba scores his penalties. Poor penalty. Why do that - just step and smack the bloody thing.
and where was Oteh when you want him ? ....oh, yes I forgot.

A disappointing end to a wonderful come back.
Crap penalty on 18:32 - Feb 9 with 4281 viewsCamberleyR

Crap penalty on 18:29 - Feb 9 by stowmarketrange

I hear that the brum players were encroaching in the area as the penalty but as the ref had it down for an away win on his coupon there was no way it was going to be retaken.

Ever so slightly

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Crap penalty on 18:34 - Feb 9 with 4267 viewsAntti_Heinola

That sould've been re-taken. You always get some encroachment, but the guy's almost level with Wells there.
Well done Wells for having the bottle to take it - my heart was pounding so god knows what his was like, but it was a poor pen. Feel for him.

Bare bones.

Crap penalty on 18:44 - Feb 9 with 4179 viewsstowmarketrange

Crap penalty on 18:32 - Feb 9 by CamberleyR

Ever so slightly

They were virtually level with the ref and he didn’t see it?Explain that one away Pinner?
Crap penalty on 18:48 - Feb 9 with 4146 viewsWatford_Ranger

Crap penalty on 18:44 - Feb 9 by stowmarketrange

They were virtually level with the ref and he didn’t see it?Explain that one away Pinner?

I’d guess encroachment is ignored as a rule of thumb by referees if it doesn’t affect the play. The guy who got to the rebound first is a couple of feet ahead of Bidwell.
Crap penalty on 18:52 - Feb 9 with 4118 viewsstowmarketrange

Crap penalty on 18:48 - Feb 9 by Watford_Ranger

I’d guess encroachment is ignored as a rule of thumb by referees if it doesn’t affect the play. The guy who got to the rebound first is a couple of feet ahead of Bidwell.

It would be harder to see the bloke next to Bidwell but the other 2 are so far ahead as to be in wells’s eyeline.How were they not affecting the kick and the kicker?
Another thing is,why did we only have 1 player doing it?
[Post edited 9 Feb 2019 18:56]
Login to get fewer ads

Crap penalty on 18:59 - Feb 9 with 4057 viewsTacticalR

Nakhi Wells, give it some welly.

Air hostess clique

Crap penalty on 19:01 - Feb 9 with 4045 viewskingo

Crap penalty on 18:48 - Feb 9 by Watford_Ranger

Shocking, shocking ref. Smith could have been beheaded in the area and the ref would have looked away. He turned a blind eye to their no 8 pushing Wells as he lined up to take the pen. Regularly let them stand about 7 yards from our free kicks.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Crap penalty on 19:01 - Feb 9 with 4041 viewsOldPedro

That is awful from the referee - the first Bham player is almost level with the penalty spot. How can the officials miss such an obvious decision.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Crap penalty on 19:15 - Feb 9 with 3962 viewsflynnbo

Appalling first half performance by us and an appalling overall game by that inadequate referee!
Crap penalty on 19:17 - Feb 9 with 3948 viewsSteveB

Crap penalty on 18:34 - Feb 9 by Antti_Heinola

That sould've been re-taken. You always get some encroachment, but the guy's almost level with Wells there.
Well done Wells for having the bottle to take it - my heart was pounding so god knows what his was like, but it was a poor pen. Feel for him.

FT 3-4, good effort lads. 3-4 saved last min penalty then FT, weekend fcuked, kill everyone... fine margins indeed.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2019 19:31]
Crap penalty on 19:24 - Feb 9 with 3889 viewsVancouverHoop

Crap penalty on 19:01 - Feb 9 by OldPedro

That is awful from the referee - the first Bham player is almost level with the penalty spot. How can the officials miss such an obvious decision.

I doubt he did miss it. There are some rules that rarely, if ever, get called these days. That's one. How often is obstruction called, even if the player "shielding the ball" is three yards away from it and leaning into the oppo behind like a drunk at a wedding, that's another.
Crap penalty on 19:38 - Feb 9 with 3808 viewsQPR_John

Crap penalty on 19:24 - Feb 9 by VancouverHoop

I doubt he did miss it. There are some rules that rarely, if ever, get called these days. That's one. How often is obstruction called, even if the player "shielding the ball" is three yards away from it and leaning into the oppo behind like a drunk at a wedding, that's another.

That's is wrong on all levels. The referee cannot choose which laws to obey and which not to. Of course there is the "in the opinion of the referee" excuse which would cover the obstruction scenario. But in the case of encroachment the referee has no leeway it is black and white. If he did see it and let it go he should be banned if he did not see it he should also be banned along with his assistant.
Crap penalty on 19:45 - Feb 9 with 3753 viewsDejR_vu

Crap penalty on 18:32 - Feb 9 by CamberleyR

Ever so slightly

How can the AR not see that? What is the point of AR’s if they’re blind? There’s encroachment and there’s taking the f@cking p1ss.

That said, as good as the second half was, it shouldn’t mask the absolute abject first half. They should hang their heads in shame, SM included.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2019 19:53]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Crap penalty on 19:55 - Feb 9 with 3683 viewsridethewave

Crap penalty on 18:34 - Feb 9 by Antti_Heinola

You feel for him?! The man is paid more in a week than most in a year to score goals, and he produces that utter bollocks... just not good enough.
Crap penalty on 19:58 - Feb 9 with 3667 viewsdachiltern

Crap penalty on 19:45 - Feb 9 by DejR_vu

How can the AR not see that? What is the point of AR’s if they’re blind? There’s encroachment and there’s taking the f@cking p1ss.

That said, as good as the second half was, it shouldn’t mask the absolute abject first half. They should hang their heads in shame, SM included.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2019 19:53]

Lino is o the goal line for keeper movement (rarely given so a waste of time anyway), ref is there for encroachment and today he failed badly.
Crap penalty on 20:00 - Feb 9 with 3656 viewsBlackCrowe

Nahki Wells
‏
Verified account

@nahkiwells
2h2 hours ago
More
Prob the worst feeling I’ve ever had in football!! Apologies I let us down!! Try & right the wrong on Tuesday!!

209 replies 43 retweets 590 likes
Reply 209 Retweet 43 Liked 590 Direct message

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Crap penalty on 20:03 - Feb 9 with 3637 viewsDejR_vu

Crap penalty on 19:58 - Feb 9 by dachiltern

Lino is o the goal line for keeper movement (rarely given so a waste of time anyway), ref is there for encroachment and today he failed badly.

Then the ref should be demoted to non league. Scandalous.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Crap penalty on 20:04 - Feb 9 with 3619 viewsVancouverHoop

Crap penalty on 19:38 - Feb 9 by QPR_John

That's is wrong on all levels. The referee cannot choose which laws to obey and which not to. Of course there is the "in the opinion of the referee" excuse which would cover the obstruction scenario. But in the case of encroachment the referee has no leeway it is black and white. If he did see it and let it go he should be banned if he did not see it he should also be banned along with his assistant.

When was the last time a referee was banned? Demoted perhaps but not, I'd imagine, for failure to enforce a rule that's rarely called. A goalkeeper's movement prior to a PK is also frequent but how often is a spot kick called back for it, especially if the ball goes in the net. It's like other tolerated infractions such as – these days – shirt pulling in the box at corners free kicks. Officials make choices all the time, they're more objective than fans, but still human. League directives aside and consciously or not, they'll call a match based on current officiating trends until they're explicitly told not to, and that seems to be the case here.
Crap penalty on 20:10 - Feb 9 with 3595 viewsAntti_Heinola

Crap penalty on 19:55 - Feb 9 by ridethewave

You feel for him?! The man is paid more in a week than most in a year to score goals, and he produces that utter bollocks... just not good enough.

fair enough mate.
He felt sh!t though. He didn't miss on purpose. He'll be as gutted as any of us.
I can't be arst to argue about how much he's paid. It's a pointless argument that gets us nowhere. I also feel for the homeless, the poor, and Clive for having to spend the next 24 hours trying to cram all that into a match report. He'll feel awful tonight, and he won't be comforted by how much money he's got.
No worries if you don't agree, but don't tell me how to feel, ok?

Bare bones.

Crap penalty on 20:12 - Feb 9 with 3573 views1MoreBrightonR

Crap penalty on 20:10 - Feb 9 by Antti_Heinola

fair enough mate.
He felt sh!t though. He didn't miss on purpose. He'll be as gutted as any of us.
I can't be arst to argue about how much he's paid. It's a pointless argument that gets us nowhere. I also feel for the homeless, the poor, and Clive for having to spend the next 24 hours trying to cram all that into a match report. He'll feel awful tonight, and he won't be comforted by how much money he's got.
No worries if you don't agree, but don't tell me how to feel, ok?

The just not good enough line is pretty ott. Sometimes people score penalties and sometimes they don't,..that's all it is. If you want to judge the rest of his effort and abilities on the last two mins, that's pretty ridiculous. I'm as gutted and fed up as anyone, but it's not Wells fault, it's everyone who played in the first half.
Crap penalty on 20:17 - Feb 9 with 3542 viewsQPR_John

Crap penalty on 20:04 - Feb 9 by VancouverHoop

When was the last time a referee was banned? Demoted perhaps but not, I'd imagine, for failure to enforce a rule that's rarely called. A goalkeeper's movement prior to a PK is also frequent but how often is a spot kick called back for it, especially if the ball goes in the net. It's like other tolerated infractions such as – these days – shirt pulling in the box at corners free kicks. Officials make choices all the time, they're more objective than fans, but still human. League directives aside and consciously or not, they'll call a match based on current officiating trends until they're explicitly told not to, and that seems to be the case here.

I think we will have to agree to disagree
Crap penalty on 20:23 - Feb 9 with 3510 viewsridethewave

Crap penalty on 20:12 - Feb 9 by 1MoreBrightonR

The just not good enough line is pretty ott. Sometimes people score penalties and sometimes they don't,..that's all it is. If you want to judge the rest of his effort and abilities on the last two mins, that's pretty ridiculous. I'm as gutted and fed up as anyone, but it's not Wells fault, it's everyone who played in the first half.

First of all, I don’t remember telling anyone how to feel.

Second, I’m not judging him on the last two minutes, he missed more absolute sitters today than we’ve had chances in the last month. I thought apart from his inability to score he had a good game today, but the reality is when your centre forward cannot score that penalty (ignoring all the other misses) then it just isn’t good enough.

As for who’s fault it is, missing the penalty and costing us the point is entirely Wells fault. As for the reason we were in that position in the first place is down to every member of that team (and the manager) in the first half, as has been pointed out.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024