Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Law changes 2019/20 16:09 - Mar 7 with 1494 viewsPinnerPaul

This is the text from latest IFAB meeting - exact new law wording not agreed/released yet

"On the topic of defining handball, a decision was taken by The IFAB to provide a more precise and detailed definition for what constitutes handball, in particular with regard to the occasions when a non-deliberate/accidental handball will be penalised. For example a goal scored directly from the hand/arm (even if accidental) and a player scoring or creating a goal-scoring opportunity after having gained possession/control of the ball from their hand/arm (even if accidental) will no longer be allowed.
Following experiments in different parts of the world, the AGM also approved changes to the Laws of the Game related to a player being substituted having to leave the field of play at the nearest boundary line, yellow and red cards for misconduct by team officials and the ball not having to leave the penalty area at goal kicks and defending team free kicks in the penalty area.
Additional approved Law changes included: measures to deal with attacking players causing problems in the defensive ‘wall’, changing the dropped ball procedure, giving a dropped ball in certain situations when the ball hits the referee and the goalkeeper only being required to have one foot on the line at a penalty kick."

Law changes 2019/20 on 16:13 - Mar 7 with 1477 viewsloftboy

So nothing about rebounds from penalties not being allowed then?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Law changes 2019/20 on 16:27 - Mar 7 with 1455 viewsRangersDave

"Laws of the game" hahahahahahahahahaha

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Law changes 2019/20 on 16:48 - Mar 7 with 1423 viewsPinnerPaul

Law changes 2019/20 on 16:13 - Mar 7 by loftboy

So nothing about rebounds from penalties not being allowed then?

No, not in this latest release.

That was mooted and I think Dermot Gallagher said on Sky that it was being introduced.

After the producer did his job (a day too late) I believe Sky issued a 'clarification' saying that this was not being considered now.

Once exact law changes are published , I'll put them up on here for the 3 of you who are interested!

Just to note that the player taking the kick can't score from a rebound from the post/bar now in any case.
Law changes 2019/20 on 17:59 - Mar 7 with 1342 viewsdavman

Law changes 2019/20 on 16:48 - Mar 7 by PinnerPaul

No, not in this latest release.

That was mooted and I think Dermot Gallagher said on Sky that it was being introduced.

After the producer did his job (a day too late) I believe Sky issued a 'clarification' saying that this was not being considered now.

Once exact law changes are published , I'll put them up on here for the 3 of you who are interested!

Just to note that the player taking the kick can't score from a rebound from the post/bar now in any case.

That rule about the same player not being able to touch the ball after hitting the woodwork has always been the case, hasn't it?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Law changes 2019/20 on 19:15 - Mar 7 with 1278 viewsQPR_John

Law changes 2019/20 on 17:59 - Mar 7 by davman

That rule about the same player not being able to touch the ball after hitting the woodwork has always been the case, hasn't it?

Yes it is simply the law that says a player taking any free kick cannot touch the ball again until it has touched another player.
Law changes 2019/20 on 19:42 - Mar 7 with 1253 viewsLongsufferingR

That's good news. I was starting to fall out of love with the game but now they've addressed my major concern, I can start watching games again.

So pleased that goalkeepers will now be able to keep only foot on the goal line for penalties.
Law changes 2019/20 on 20:39 - Mar 7 with 1209 viewsPinnerPaul

Law changes 2019/20 on 19:15 - Mar 7 by QPR_John

Yes it is simply the law that says a player taking any free kick cannot touch the ball again until it has touched another player.

Yep
Law changes 2019/20 on 20:40 - Mar 7 with 1207 viewscolinallcars

What's the benefit of goalkicks not having to leave the box before being played by a teammate ?
Login to get fewer ads

Law changes 2019/20 on 20:50 - Mar 7 with 1196 viewsSharpy36

Law changes 2019/20 on 20:40 - Mar 7 by colinallcars

What's the benefit of goalkicks not having to leave the box before being played by a teammate ?

At this moment in time should the player receiving the ball be closed down all he has to do is touch the ball for the goal kick to be taken again. Giving him an advantage.

Should have said in the area.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2019 20:52]

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Law changes 2019/20 on 21:09 - Mar 7 with 1171 viewscolinallcars

Law changes 2019/20 on 20:50 - Mar 7 by Sharpy36

At this moment in time should the player receiving the ball be closed down all he has to do is touch the ball for the goal kick to be taken again. Giving him an advantage.

So will attacking players be allowed in the box ?
Law changes 2019/20 on 21:46 - Mar 7 with 1139 viewsLongsufferingR

Law changes 2019/20 on 21:09 - Mar 7 by colinallcars

So will attacking players be allowed in the box ?

Only if the goalkeeper has one foot on the goal line but his hands make a natural silhouette.
Law changes 2019/20 on 22:06 - Mar 7 with 1120 viewsQPR_John

Law changes 2019/20 on 21:46 - Mar 7 by LongsufferingR

Only if the goalkeeper has one foot on the goal line but his hands make a natural silhouette.

Law changes 2019/20 on 00:39 - Mar 8 with 1031 viewstimcocking

I'm not against change where it's sensible.

Give them credit in the NFL, if they need a rule change, they change the rules. We're always stuck on tradition. Plenty of easy and obvious rule changes they could make. I'm sure they'll get it wrong, but i think it's a mistake to be flat out against all change just for the sake of it.
Law changes 2019/20 on 08:36 - Mar 8 with 953 viewsPinnerPaul

Law changes 2019/20 on 20:50 - Mar 7 by Sharpy36

Also, apparently, its used as a time wasting tactic in other countries.

Plus few people know, including professional footballers!, that the ball has to leave the area from a defensive free kick as well - so IFAB has decided to change to what people think the law is - bizarre logic to me.
Law changes 2019/20 on 10:23 - Mar 8 with 897 viewsterryb

Law changes 2019/20 on 08:36 - Mar 8 by PinnerPaul

Also, apparently, its used as a time wasting tactic in other countries.

Plus few people know, including professional footballers!, that the ball has to leave the area from a defensive free kick as well - so IFAB has decided to change to what people think the law is - bizarre logic to me.

In other countries?

It's been used as a way to use up time in England for years!

Did you see the grin on the Reading defenders (forgotten his name, but ex manure & Sunderland) face when he played the ball in the area from a Reading free kick.

I don't buy that the players don't know the law. They do & have been exploiting it to their own advantage. Not that I can blame them for that!
Law changes 2019/20 on 10:23 - Mar 9 with 808 viewsPinnerPaul

Law changes 2019/20 on 10:23 - Mar 8 by terryb

In other countries?

It's been used as a way to use up time in England for years!

Did you see the grin on the Reading defenders (forgotten his name, but ex manure & Sunderland) face when he played the ball in the area from a Reading free kick.

I don't buy that the players don't know the law. They do & have been exploiting it to their own advantage. Not that I can blame them for that!

I've seen plenty of players (while losing) try to play the ball in the area from a fk and then moan about the officials making them take it again.
Law changes 2019/20 on 11:49 - Mar 9 with 762 viewsWatford_Ranger

Law changes 2019/20 on 10:23 - Mar 9 by PinnerPaul

I've seen plenty of players (while losing) try to play the ball in the area from a fk and then moan about the officials making them take it again.

That one does seem silly especially in kids football where in the wrong wind the ball barely gets out the area. Made sense in passback era but not now.

On handballs I wouldn’t mind if they just said any handball=handball as at least there’s no grey area to allow incidents like the one we didn’t get at Wigan. It’s incredibly inconsistently applied.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024