Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top 6 12:24 - Jul 28 with 6929 viewsDubaiR

Went yesterday and we looked very good IMO. There will be challenges and stoke will press harder than Watford did but I think the squad now looking very good, all for less money than last season. Credit to the club. Our starting 11 and bench looking strong

Lumley
Kane
Hall
Barbet
Manning

Ball
Smith

Bright
Amos
Eze

Hugil

Squad -

Kelly
Wallace
Rangel
Masterson
BFG
Cameron
Pugh
Shopido
Chair
Scowen
Malek
Oteh

Good squad of 23 with some youngsters in and around when needed.
Top 6 on 12:30 - Jul 28 with 4665 viewsToast_R

I admire your confidence
Top 6 on 12:35 - Jul 28 with 4626 viewsDubaiR

Alot of teams not spending big money, questions Mark's over a few as well. Cardiff will be up there, fancy Bristol city as well. Fulham depends on parker. Normally would have someone like Luton as dark horse but they have lost players and manager. Sheffield wed in a mess. Dont see huddersfield doing much. Derby half the side gone back and cocu a gamble. Its wide open this season
Top 6 on 12:38 - Jul 28 with 4598 viewsDevonWhite

I'd still take 21st if offered it now.
Top 6 on 12:48 - Jul 28 with 4522 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Staying up should be the same plan for every fan. I won't talk about top 6 unless we are there or there abouts with 45 games gone. I'd be happy with 13th/14th

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Top 6 on 12:54 - Jul 28 with 4491 viewsLblock

Top 6?

I’ll not wager joining the Labour Party for a year as that was the worst 12 months of my life; however, I’d stick a sum of money and that not happening. I’d love it if it did of course, but mid-table is a more realistic target and one I’d snap your hand off for.
Still not looking to the start of the season but REALLY looking forward to the off the 90 minutes stuff starting again. Not seen a lot of the lads since the start of March as last season cut short by an operation for me; great trip to Porto in June though.

I think we’ll have an awful start but we’ll come through it to be okay
Check back in here before the Wigan game for my first “must win” statement of the season

U R’s

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Top 6 on 13:46 - Jul 28 with 4356 viewsDylanP

Can’t doubt the ambition of the club given the number and quality of the incoming players.

Obviously everyone would have liked for the team to have a bit more offseason time to gel and i imagine it may be a rough August as team mates get to know each other. Whenever you bring in a new player it’s a gamble, we won’t know whether the gambles have been worthwhile until Xmas period is over.

Roll on week 1!

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Top 6 on 16:30 - Jul 29 with 3906 viewsloftus77

Top 6 on 12:38 - Jul 28 by DevonWhite

+1
Top 6 on 16:41 - Jul 29 with 3866 viewsdaveB

Top 6 on 12:38 - Jul 28 by DevonWhite

Personally be very disappointed with that, to do worse than last season with a new squad would be a bit of a disaster. We should be aiming for top half really and try and get rid of the losing mentality at the club
Login to get fewer ads

Top 6 on 16:52 - Jul 29 with 3825 viewsDevonWhite

Top 6 on 16:41 - Jul 29 by daveB

Personally be very disappointed with that, to do worse than last season with a new squad would be a bit of a disaster. We should be aiming for top half really and try and get rid of the losing mentality at the club

It's incredibly difficult to integrate a completely new team. 14 new signings is a ridiculously big overhaul. Not saying it wasn't needed or that the signings are no good but regardless, to get them all to gel is a huge task. I'd take scraping through this season alive and we'd then be in a much stronger position next summer.

Maybe we'll be fine and comfortably mid table but it's a huge gamble.
Top 6 on 16:53 - Jul 29 with 3815 viewsjonno

Top 6 on 16:41 - Jul 29 by daveB

Agree with that. Very difficult to know how we will do at this point, so many changes to not only our squad but many other sides as well. First six games should give us some idea.
Top 6 on 16:54 - Jul 29 with 3814 viewsdaveB

Top 6 on 16:52 - Jul 29 by DevonWhite

It's incredibly difficult to integrate a completely new team. 14 new signings is a ridiculously big overhaul. Not saying it wasn't needed or that the signings are no good but regardless, to get them all to gel is a huge task. I'd take scraping through this season alive and we'd then be in a much stronger position next summer.

of course it will be hard but we can't be setting the bar so low that just avoiding the drop is seen as the aim. We have to be aiming to finish as high as we can in a league which looks pretty crap this year
Top 6 on 17:17 - Jul 29 with 3721 viewsAntti_Heinola

Top 6 on 16:52 - Jul 29 by DevonWhite

Just playing Devil's Advocate here, but *is it* more difficult to start with a new set than to try and evolve with an old set? In one sense, might it be easier to fuse together a whole new side, without cliques, and all on a relatively equal footing without any established dressing room hierarchies, than trying to bung 4 or 5 new players at a failing side? Genuine question - I don't know!

The one precedent I can think of for us is when we went into League One and Ollie built a new team - we came 8th and team spirit was good. Although, admittedly, our budget still dwarfed most teams in that league. I guess the other precedent is Hughes's summer, but that's in the Premier League and is a bit of a different story.

Completely agree that I'll be happy merely with staying up, and as confident as people are now after a decent showing with Watford, we have to assume that of all our signings at least 4 will prove not much cop.

I'm not sure we've actually 'gambled' much, because I'm not altogether sure there was much of an alternative. Loans had to go back, players had to be sold, players had to be released.

Bare bones.

Top 6 on 17:18 - Jul 29 with 3718 viewsDevonWhite

Top 6 on 16:54 - Jul 29 by daveB

of course it will be hard but we can't be setting the bar so low that just avoiding the drop is seen as the aim. We have to be aiming to finish as high as we can in a league which looks pretty crap this year

Of course we should aim higher I was just saying if I personally was offered 21st now I would take it. Not suggesting the club should make that their target.
Top 6 on 17:20 - Jul 29 with 3710 viewsDevonWhite

Top 6 on 17:17 - Jul 29 by Antti_Heinola

Just playing Devil's Advocate here, but *is it* more difficult to start with a new set than to try and evolve with an old set? In one sense, might it be easier to fuse together a whole new side, without cliques, and all on a relatively equal footing without any established dressing room hierarchies, than trying to bung 4 or 5 new players at a failing side? Genuine question - I don't know!

The one precedent I can think of for us is when we went into League One and Ollie built a new team - we came 8th and team spirit was good. Although, admittedly, our budget still dwarfed most teams in that league. I guess the other precedent is Hughes's summer, but that's in the Premier League and is a bit of a different story.

Completely agree that I'll be happy merely with staying up, and as confident as people are now after a decent showing with Watford, we have to assume that of all our signings at least 4 will prove not much cop.

I'm not sure we've actually 'gambled' much, because I'm not altogether sure there was much of an alternative. Loans had to go back, players had to be sold, players had to be released.

It's a good question. Generally you assume that having a settled team beats chopping and changing. I can't think of (m)any times a team has totally overhauled its entire squad in one window and been immediately better.
Top 6 on 17:30 - Jul 29 with 3675 viewsDavieQPR

" I not come here to just to finish in the bottom half of the table" Marc Pugh
Top 6 on 17:40 - Jul 29 with 3630 viewsdaveB

Top 6 on 17:20 - Jul 29 by DevonWhite

It's a good question. Generally you assume that having a settled team beats chopping and changing. I can't think of (m)any times a team has totally overhauled its entire squad in one window and been immediately better.

I don't think we'll be immediately better, it will take time and it will be tough this season but it really had to happen this summer with so many players out of contract and a chance to cash in on a few players.

It could still go horribly wrong and we do an Ipswich, I wouldn't rule that out but for me we should be going into the season with more hope and confidence than we have the last 2 years, we're nowhere near the worst side in this league imo
Top 6 on 19:26 - Jul 29 with 3367 viewsGroveR

Top 6 on 17:30 - Jul 29 by DavieQPR

" I not come here to just to finish in the bottom half of the table" Marc Pugh

Had he had a few beers before saying that?
Top 6 on 19:31 - Jul 29 with 3351 viewsDubaiR

Well looking at the fancied teams write up. Be bloody amazed if Boro there, same with Stoke.

I'm not normally optimistic and predicted a struggle last season. I like MW and wanted him when we sacked JFH.

So top 6 in no order

Cardiff
Fulham
Bristol city
QPR
Leeds
West brom
Top 6 on 19:34 - Jul 29 with 3342 viewsdubaistu

Top 6 on 19:31 - Jul 29 by DubaiR

Well looking at the fancied teams write up. Be bloody amazed if Boro there, same with Stoke.

I'm not normally optimistic and predicted a struggle last season. I like MW and wanted him when we sacked JFH.

So top 6 in no order

Cardiff
Fulham
Bristol city
QPR
Leeds
West brom

Loving this optimism, just glad there's enough sand near me to bury my head in as I see nothing short of a disaster, massively behind the team though. Come on you R's.
Top 6 on 19:44 - Jul 29 with 3323 viewsBrazilNutR

Think the first handful of games will be really important, the gelling of the team they always talk about is I feel as much psychological as anything, if the new team can get some good positive results - then they all start believing they are part of a decent team, and stop thinking they are part of an unknown collective of randoms. If the strikers can get some early goals, then anything is possible.

I will say having an almost entirely new team, does make the start of the season a little more exciting, it's like a whole new roll of a random dice -
Top 6 on 21:56 - Jul 29 with 3020 viewsAntti_Heinola

Often forgotten that we did actually play quite well under hughes in several early games at the start of his new season, without getting any reward. A couple of wins there and who knows? Maybe he could've done a Stoke with us and at least kept our heads above water. Eventually, it becomes a horrible spiral. So an early win or two would be handy.

Bare bones.

Top 6 on 22:04 - Jul 29 with 3004 viewsqprxtc

B0llocks to it. Let’s be optobleedingmistic.

This season is going to make 2010/11 seem like a load of old tosh.

We’re going to win and keep bloody winning until we don’t..

Up up and away
Top 6 on 22:32 - Jul 29 with 2959 viewsbosh67

I think the season may go one of two ways with what is effectively an entirely new squad, save a few familiar faces.

1. We take some time to gel but battle our way to just about staying up and go from there.

2. We take some time to gel and then really surprise everyone.

Warburton wants to play a certain way and has constructed a squad to do that. It will take time and face setbacks but we all know how good he made Brentford, on a fraction of our budget at the time and as I know from up north, he made Rangers a very exciting team to watch when they had been far further down on their knees than us.

Whatever happens the fans and the board really have to give this guy time to get this right now. Seasons and not a dozen games.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Top 6 on 22:46 - Jul 29 with 2927 viewsSouthallRanger

This title post perhaps a little over optimistic at this stage.

I’m quietly hopeful that our new collection of individuals will gel fairly quickly and we play good football and compete toe to toe. If the team is also successful and close to the mix by Christmas them I’ll allow myself to think of top 6.

But it can really go either way at this stage. Just looking forward to the season starting and seeing what happens. It’s certainly more interesting than wondering what would happen with our team which struggled for long periods last year.
Top 6 on 23:32 - Jul 29 with 2842 viewsdaveB

Top 6 on 21:56 - Jul 29 by Antti_Heinola

Often forgotten that we did actually play quite well under hughes in several early games at the start of his new season, without getting any reward. A couple of wins there and who knows? Maybe he could've done a Stoke with us and at least kept our heads above water. Eventually, it becomes a horrible spiral. So an early win or two would be handy.

We had a couple of games under him we should have won, Spurs away and Chelsea at home among them but longer we went without a win the worse it got.

You are bang on, we need a decent start, something similar to year before last when we won a few home games and sat around half way after 10 games would be ideal as we bed the new team in
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024