Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dispatches from the model village - Column 15:53 - Aug 23 with 2416 viewsNorthernr

Bits on yesterday...

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/52776
Dispatches from the model village - Column on 16:15 - Aug 23 with 2313 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Good report on the match, hits all the spots.

Lovely prose on the overall situation.

Keep the head up.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dispatches from the model village - Column on 16:42 - Aug 23 with 2206 viewsOldPedro

Dispatches from the model village - Column on 16:15 - Aug 23 by BrianMcCarthy

Good report on the match, hits all the spots.

Lovely prose on the overall situation.

Keep the head up.

Agree with Brian - lovely summary of the overall situation and it's many contradictions

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Dispatches from the model village - Column on 17:18 - Aug 23 with 2054 viewsqprd

Great report, clive. I didn’t even realise we were playing a friendly yesterday ... how is restart 3 weeks away?

Separately, the one thing that struck me when looking at our lineup was that we are really really young and inexperienced.... not easy to replace the experience of Pugh, rangel, hall, hugill, wells.... I wouldn’t mind us signing a player whose a year or two past it just to give us some veteran presence ... too much of a burden to put on Cameron and Wallace’s shoulders
Dispatches from the model village - Column on 17:21 - Aug 23 with 2049 viewsNorthernr

Dispatches from the model village - Column on 17:18 - Aug 23 by qprd

Great report, clive. I didn’t even realise we were playing a friendly yesterday ... how is restart 3 weeks away?

Separately, the one thing that struck me when looking at our lineup was that we are really really young and inexperienced.... not easy to replace the experience of Pugh, rangel, hall, hugill, wells.... I wouldn’t mind us signing a player whose a year or two past it just to give us some veteran presence ... too much of a burden to put on Cameron and Wallace’s shoulders

Hence Ben Watson - maybe?
Dispatches from the model village - Column on 17:29 - Aug 23 with 2028 viewsrobith

On the plus side, nice to play a lower league team pre season and it be a nice little run out instead of sparking an existential crisis
Dispatches from the model village - Column on 17:30 - Aug 23 with 2018 viewspaulhoop2

Groundshare with AFC then Clive ??

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Dispatches from the model village - Column on 17:34 - Aug 23 with 1997 viewsNorthernr

Dispatches from the model village - Column on 17:30 - Aug 23 by paulhoop2

Groundshare with AFC then Clive ??

Heard a whisper a week or so back but not sure.
Dispatches from the model village - Column on 17:45 - Aug 23 with 1943 viewsParkRoyalR

Brings back some great memories -

Stan Bowles autobiography and the chapter about his appearance on Superstars is comedy writing at its best, a free bar the night before the shooting competition was never going to end well!

Now the back bar of The Goldhawk, how cold was that place, playing pool in full snorkel coat, hood fully extended and zipped out

Happy days and better times in the Bush. Hopefully Warbs can bring back some good times soon..
Login to get fewer ads

Dispatches from the model village - Column on 18:10 - Aug 23 with 1837 viewsrsonist

Parmomore. Take my Patreon money.
Dispatches from the model village - Column on 18:15 - Aug 23 with 1814 viewsNorthernr

Dispatches from the model village - Column on 18:10 - Aug 23 by rsonist

Parmomore. Take my Patreon money.

Hold that thought for about 12 hours.
Dispatches from the model village - Column on 18:18 - Aug 23 with 1803 viewscolinallcars

One of your best pieces Clive. Thank you.
Dispatches from the model village - Column on 18:31 - Aug 23 with 1757 viewsrsonist

Dispatches from the model village - Column on 17:21 - Aug 23 by Northernr

Just wondering now if Bettache isn't being watched closely before they make a decision on Watson - especially per the Athletic's suggestion he's fishing for a two year contract at 35. Age (and lack of mobility) isn't necessarily a fatal factor in the role he'd play though.

Encouraging to see Smyth playing a part too. Can see how he'd frustrate (Without the Benefit of an Academy Education) but what he has is plain to see and there to be managed. Would be infuriating to simply not try and make good use.

Trying not to get over-excited by Thomas but looks like he can cover/contend Eze, Bright (who's looking like he'll need a while to get his head right if he doesn't get his move) plus maybe contribute as second striker. And adds something we don't have in physicality and attitude. And ought to make a big difference to the defensive load on whoever's at RB if he plays on that side. Yeah I'm keeping it cool.

Probably a wise choice in retrospect leaving Eze out and setting a tone of self-reliance.

Not sure about the note of caution re lower league preparations - traditional non? Guess we can only really speculate as to why the restart went so badly for us. I was happy the club were acting responsibly, and were forthright about doing so - the "excuses in advance" argument is more than a bit underhand IMO - but... it sure was bad.
Dispatches from the model village - Column on 19:43 - Aug 23 with 1544 viewsGloryHunter

Dispatches from the model village - Column on 17:21 - Aug 23 by Northernr

Ben Watson appears on the Charlie Goods thread, in the tweet about most number of long passes. I was wondering what had happened to that rumour.
Dispatches from the model village - Column on 22:46 - Aug 23 with 995 viewsLblock

All sounds good

We’re motoring up for a great season ahead
Real shame if it’s streams only

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024