Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What’s the point 16:36 - Aug 27 with 2873 viewsqprxtc

In supporting this mob? Why do we do it?

It is pointless ultimately and only we really care. It can’t be for the fun of it? Nice shirt?

That 0-3 Sheff U fa cup game really bloody hammered home the pointless ness of it all. Plus I’m nearer death than any other time in my life.

Thank the maker the pubs are open.
What’s the point on 16:40 - Aug 27 with 2854 viewsGloryHunter

There is no WHY. There is just IS.
What’s the point on 17:04 - Aug 27 with 2758 viewsLongsufferingR

This. This is why:

What’s the point on 17:06 - Aug 27 with 2746 viewsGloucs_R

Because we love the thrill of finishing 14th...

Poll: Are we staying up?

What’s the point on 17:08 - Aug 27 with 2733 viewsWokingham_r

What’s the point on 17:06 - Aug 27 by Gloucs_R

Because we love the thrill of finishing 14th...

But only on a good year, because we're normally 16th
What’s the point on 17:17 - Aug 27 with 2678 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

What else are we going to do? Have you been to Westfield on a Saturday?
What’s the point on 17:52 - Aug 27 with 2559 viewsqprxtc

What’s the point on 17:04 - Aug 27 by LongsufferingR

This. This is why:

Oh yeah, forgot about that bit. Yeah, that’ll do it.

Never give a sucker an even break.
What’s the point on 14:42 - Aug 28 with 2284 viewsPinnerPaul

or

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Best+of+Stan+Bowles&&view=detail&mid=A90592
[Post edited 28 Aug 2020 14:43]
What’s the point on 15:12 - Aug 28 with 2204 viewsQPRSteve

As Colour Sergeant Bourne says in Zulu, Liam: "Because we're here lad. Nobody else. Just us."
Login to get fewer ads

What’s the point on 16:04 - Aug 28 with 2136 viewsPinnerPaul

What’s the point on 15:12 - Aug 28 by QPRSteve

As Colour Sergeant Bourne says in Zulu, Liam: "Because we're here lad. Nobody else. Just us."

or as Mr Holloway said, we're the only ones who never leave the bus!
What’s the point on 02:37 - Aug 30 with 1812 viewstimcocking

What a cool quote to put in, you've just gone up a couple of points with that beauty. Love that movie. As a Welshman, that bit where the boyos start singing Men of Harlech back...
What’s the point on 07:25 - Aug 30 with 1708 viewscolinallcars

What’s the point on 02:37 - Aug 30 by timcocking

What a cool quote to put in, you've just gone up a couple of points with that beauty. Love that movie. As a Welshman, that bit where the boyos start singing Men of Harlech back...

Don't frow those bloody spears at me...
What’s the point on 08:19 - Aug 30 with 1647 viewsdavman

Always wonder whether I follow QPR because I am a pessimist or whether following them made me so...

F-ing depressing most of the time, isn't it? All those clubs that either did buy Eze from us or could have bought him that were either our equal or worse than us even 10 years ago...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

What’s the point on 08:38 - Aug 30 with 1602 viewsdistortR

they were fortunate to have an Englishman to lead them
What’s the point on 09:34 - Aug 30 with 1480 viewsQPRSteve

Thanks Tim.

I live in Wales these days.

Out of interest, as a Welshman, how did you come to support the R's?
What’s the point on 09:42 - Aug 30 with 1467 viewsenfieldargh

What’s the point on 08:38 - Aug 30 by distortR

they were fortunate to have an Englishman to lead them

Michael Caine, who at this early stage in his career was primarily playing bit parts, was originally up for the role of Private Henry Hook, which went to James Booth. According to Caine, he was extremely nervous during his screen test for the part of Bromhead, and director Cy Endfield told him that it was the worst screen test he had ever seen, but they were casting Caine in the part anyway because the production was leaving for South Africa shortly and they had not found anyone else for the role.[4] Caine also believed that he was fortunate that the film was directed by an American (Endfield), because "no English director would've cast me as an officer, I promise you, not one," due to his Cockney roots.[11]

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

What’s the point on 09:54 - Aug 30 with 1441 viewsEsox_Lucius

What’s the point on 09:42 - Aug 30 by enfieldargh

Michael Caine, who at this early stage in his career was primarily playing bit parts, was originally up for the role of Private Henry Hook, which went to James Booth. According to Caine, he was extremely nervous during his screen test for the part of Bromhead, and director Cy Endfield told him that it was the worst screen test he had ever seen, but they were casting Caine in the part anyway because the production was leaving for South Africa shortly and they had not found anyone else for the role.[4] Caine also believed that he was fortunate that the film was directed by an American (Endfield), because "no English director would've cast me as an officer, I promise you, not one," due to his Cockney roots.[11]

Wasn't one of the outtakes where he messed his lines up, in the battle, shouting "You were only supposed to chuck the bloody spears"?

The grass is always greener.

What’s the point on 13:04 - Aug 30 with 1283 viewsderbyhoop

The occasional high.

Like Adel against Swansea or Zamora at Wembley.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

What’s the point on 13:40 - Aug 30 with 1245 viewsbosh67

We do it because we are nature's underdogs and only recently for a brief moment got above our station and pay grade. We are the beautiful bridesmaid at a wedding who gets shagged and ends up bringing the baby up on our own. We are Betamax to everyone else's VHS.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

What’s the point on 14:03 - Aug 30 with 1221 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Cos it's a great club and great fun.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

What’s the point on 14:47 - Aug 30 with 1157 viewslightwaterhoop

If i could have my time all over again there are lots of things i would do differently.I would still be a QPR fan though.This club is in my soul for better or mostly worse but i have never
regretted it for a second.
What’s the point on 14:51 - Aug 30 with 1150 viewsCLAREMAN1995

What’s the point on 13:40 - Aug 30 by bosh67

We do it because we are nature's underdogs and only recently for a brief moment got above our station and pay grade. We are the beautiful bridesmaid at a wedding who gets shagged and ends up bringing the baby up on our own. We are Betamax to everyone else's VHS.

So its true the bridemaids get more action than the bride that night I always suspected that but not good about the baby too much drink to avoid it I guess
Being a QPR fan gets into your blood and regardless of our players or league position it remains part of you until the end.
Of course the hoop shirts are nice too so who ever picked that design back a few centuries ago I tip my cap to you .Its cost me a quite a few bob down the years but surprisingly I never think twice about buying them.
What’s the point on 16:08 - Aug 30 with 1076 viewsEsox_Lucius

What’s the point on 13:04 - Aug 30 by derbyhoop

The occasional high.

Like Adel against Swansea or Zamora at Wembley.

League Cup final 1967
Watching Rodney Marsh play
Last day at Villa Park 1968
Title run 1974
Watching Stan Bowles play
FA Cup final 1982
Watching Ray Wilkins, Les Ferdinand & David Bardsley play
Promotion season 2010-11
Watching Adel play
Watching Adel play some more
Watching our team play last season with Eze and he rest of the hit squad.
Those are just off the top of my head, I am certain I have missed more than I have included.

The grass is always greener.

What’s the point on 22:01 - Aug 30 with 934 viewsB_Wad

Frankly, for me it was the name at the start. Queens Park Rangers!
Cooler than the other clubs. Going to Loftus, learning the history , just cemented it. I don't expect titles and cups from the teams I follow, which makes the good moments all the sweeter.
What’s the point on 22:48 - Aug 30 with 893 viewsqprxtc

You gone all poetic and Welsh since you moved out of The Bush, you beautiful madman Steve. Miss you and our nights in The Mailcoach/Richmond.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024