Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Songs that have been played too many times but are still f ucking brilliant 01:00 - Aug 29 with 1436 viewsqprxtc

Songs that have been played too many times but are still f ucking brilliant on 08:33 - Aug 29 with 1359 viewsCiderwithRsie

Was watching this the other day:

Of course all us oldies have a laugh at how the kids are blown away by the drum intro, but it struck me that at time of release no-one much was. It was a big hit, lots of people thought it was pretty good, maybe surprisingly so from Collins (Genesis weren't cool even then); but no-one said it had changed music, it wasn't sampled a lot, it was just a mainstream hit single.

If it was the only thing he was known for or if he was just generally cool I'm sure it'd be a cult classic.
Songs that have been played too many times but are still f ucking brilliant on 11:24 - Aug 29 with 1268 viewstimcocking

This one springs to mind. What an absolutely incredible performance, even if dodgy looking.

Your choice of Matchstick Men...can't agree. It's an absolutely superb song alright, which is why i'm always mystified it never gets played anywhere. Needs to be played more.

I think the vast majority of the accepted classic songs are almost all bloody good, hence the fact they are still being constantly played decades later. True quality music transcends all ages and cultures, one would like to think.

In fact, i've actually been enjoying watching videos of people watching old classics for the first time, such as this beauty from my half namesake...

[Post edited 29 Aug 2020 11:25]
Songs that have been played too many times but are still f ucking brilliant on 12:24 - Aug 29 with 1217 viewshantssi

Last night on BBC4, TOTP from when it began until 1975, every one a classic!
Songs that have been played too many times but are still f ucking brilliant on 12:46 - Aug 29 with 1192 viewstimcocking

Or this timeless piece. Reminds me of when i used to live just off Baker street for a few years. Always a deeply nostalgic song.

Songs that have been played too many times but are still f ucking brilliant on 17:12 - Aug 29 with 1128 viewsLblock

No coach trip to Notts Florist is complete without this one.
Never get's boring

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Songs that have been played too many times but are still f ucking brilliant on 18:00 - Aug 29 with 1090 viewsderbyhoop

FFS. Is it still 1975?

I know the OP was harking back but there has been decent music in the last 40 years.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Songs that have been played too many times but are still f ucking brilliant on 19:18 - Aug 29 with 1047 viewsEsox_Lucius

The grass is always greener.

Songs that have been played too many times but are still f ucking brilliant on 19:28 - Aug 29 with 1030 viewsRebalhoop

Dream weaver by Gary Wright...my Mrs,my daughter and granddaughter have been watching,the masked singer USA,and it’s played at each advert break,luckily the sh1te finished tonight.
Login to get fewer ads

Songs that have been played too many times but are still f ucking brilliant on 22:40 - Aug 29 with 932 viewsbosh67

Some good choices on this.

Here's a few of mine

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Songs that have been played too many times but are still f ucking brilliant on 23:18 - Aug 29 with 903 viewsted_hendrix

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Songs that have been played too many times but are still f ucking brilliant on 23:24 - Aug 29 with 894 viewsted_hendrix

Songs that have been played too many times but are still f ucking brilliant on 23:42 - Aug 29 with 876 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Songs that have been played too many times but are still f ucking brilliant on 23:49 - Aug 29 with 865 viewsted_hendrix

Songs that have been played too many times but are still f ucking brilliant on 00:19 - Aug 30 with 842 viewsGaryT

For me it's when you hear the first few notes and you go "Oh yes!" A few have already been mentioned in this thread and avoiding the obvious like Bohemian Rhapsody, here's a few that flick that switch for me.

[Post edited 30 Aug 2020 1:05]
Songs that have been played too many times but are still f ucking brilliant on 01:02 - Aug 30 with 819 viewsDannyPaddox

Songs that have been played too many times but are still f ucking brilliant on 01:05 - Aug 30 with 812 viewsqpr_1968

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Songs that have been played too many times but are still f ucking brilliant on 03:43 - Aug 30 with 790 viewstimcocking

Songs that have been played too many times but are still f ucking brilliant on 18:00 - Aug 29 by derbyhoop

FFS. Is it still 1975?

I know the OP was harking back but there has been decent music in the last 40 years.

Hmmm, well it's a good enough song, i like plenty of contemporary music. Thing is, though, if you compare what's happening in that song to the incredible skill and talent of the musicians on display in a band like Dire Straits, it's a bit like comparing Tolstoy's War and Peace with the Beano. I'd bet 50 years from now they'll be playing Sultans of Swing still, whereas i'm not sure Robyn can say the same.
Songs that have been played too many times but are still f ucking brilliant on 08:17 - Aug 30 with 737 viewsJogo

Songs that have been played too many times but are still f ucking brilliant on 18:00 - Aug 29 by derbyhoop

FFS. Is it still 1975?

Being a 40 something, I've never heard this before. First impression is it sounds like a Eurovision song contest entry....that didn't win.
Songs that have been played too many times but are still f ucking brilliant on 09:44 - Aug 30 with 697 viewsDannyPaddox

Songs that have been played too many times but are still f ucking brilliant on 10:24 - Aug 30 with 677 viewsmerseyhoop

from 4 of my favourite bands

Songs that have been played too many times but are still f ucking brilliant on 11:01 - Aug 30 with 665 viewswood_hoop

One of his best and loads to choose from.

Songs that have been played too many times but are still f ucking brilliant on 11:09 - Aug 30 with 663 viewswood_hoop

perfect for a Sunday morning....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024