Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bonne makes dream start with late rescue act - Report 15:56 - Oct 4 with 2532 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/53035
Bonne makes dream start with late rescue act - Report on 17:26 - Oct 4 with 2251 viewsqprd

Good report Clive... agree the problems In our attack aren’t going to be solved down the right

I think our problems down the left stem from Wallace...: too slow to get up and down, and not comfortable enough on the ball.... he is killing us down that flank.... look at how Carroll played against Plymouth when manning was providing an outlet.... he wasn’t great ystd but you can understand why- he played a perfect weighted through ball in the first half which Wallace couldnt get on the end of bc he’s too slow

Same with chair.... how much better would he be if he had a player who could overlap or take the ball off him? Instead, he plays a backwards or sideways pass to Wallace who takes a few dribbles infield before he gives it back to chair

I thought Warburton rly had a rough match, particularly in the last 20 mins where we were absolutely horrible ..,, with one sub available, I thought it bordered on gross incompetence to not make the final change and try to truly chase the game .... hamalainen for Wallace would’ve been my sub to provide some industry down the left and another option to cross into box and overlap

We clearly don’t have a strategy with manning... what happens if he doesn’t sign tmrw? Do we just not play him for the rest of the season? Why don’t we give hamailanen a chance? Maybe he’s an Oteh and not up for it, but he can also be a kakay. We won’t know until he’s given an opportunity... and given Wallace’s horrible injury record, I think MW is making a massive mistake by not blooding him when he has the chance
Bonne makes dream start with late rescue act - Report on 17:37 - Oct 4 with 2218 viewsNorthernr

I'm surprised we haven't seen Nico yet. Not that I'm particularly a fan but Wallace has had a couple of rough games and from what I understood Hamailenen was mighty close to starting the first game v Forest.
Bonne makes dream start with late rescue act - Report on 17:47 - Oct 4 with 2192 viewsPaddyhoops

Bonne makes dream start with late rescue act - Report on 17:37 - Oct 4 by Northernr

I'm surprised we haven't seen Nico yet. Not that I'm particularly a fan but Wallace has had a couple of rough games and from what I understood Hamailenen was mighty close to starting the first game v Forest.

Wallace just isn't good enough. Much as I'd like to see him improve, can't see it happening.
Looks like Manning will be off so the only option is to give Nico his chance.
Bonne makes dream start with late rescue act - Report on 19:14 - Oct 4 with 1964 viewsVancouverHoop

Bonne makes dream start with late rescue act - Report on 17:37 - Oct 4 by Northernr

It was maybe the issue of creating and maintaining a settled defence as early as possible. After the international break matches come thick and fast so Nico may get his shot then.
Bonne makes dream start with late rescue act - Report on 20:52 - Oct 4 with 1717 viewsB_Wad

I realize he isn't popular with the fan base and plays on the right side but is Kane an option at all? Wondering where he fits in the squad other than to spell Kakay.
Bonne makes dream start with late rescue act - Report on 21:31 - Oct 4 with 1613 viewsVancouverHoop

Bonne makes dream start with late rescue act - Report on 20:52 - Oct 4 by B_Wad

I realize he isn't popular with the fan base and plays on the right side but is Kane an option at all? Wondering where he fits in the squad other than to spell Kakay.

I really don't think he does, except maybe as a utility defensive midfielder/wingback if we hit a run of injuries. It's really too bad he's on such a long contract, it makes him tough to move particularly in current circumstances.
Bonne makes dream start with late rescue act - Report on 21:36 - Oct 4 with 1599 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

As one of your two regular readers. Very disappointed that you didn't do your Dominic Iorfa (not that one) joke!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Bonne makes dream start with late rescue act - Report on 22:06 - Oct 4 with 1535 viewsHunterhoop

Thanks, Clive. Good report. I think you captured that goal well as a moment of almost back to it feeling real.

I do think you’re being very generous to Cameron, though.

Bannan and Luongo looked far better than all of our midfield 3 (including Amos in there). Luongo out battled our midfield including Cameron (he’d made 3 big, successful tackles in the first 20 min). I’m really not sure what Cameron is offering if he’s not out least being a physical presence in the middle.

He’s “fine” for a relegation standard side, but not a mid table and top half side, IMO, not how he’s currently playing.

The middle of the park isn’t quite there. I don’t think we’re far off being a good side. The defending and the set pieces (both boxes) have improved in the last two games. Glad we’ve gone man to man, not zonal. Dickie looks to be growing into the role. Dieng looks promising. In general things feel encouraging...but that doesn’t mean all is rosy.
Login to get fewer ads

Bonne makes dream start with late rescue act - Report on 22:12 - Oct 4 with 1511 viewsLblock

What’s this I read?

A “must win” game called (nearly) at this stage of the season? What madness is this?!

We’ll have you wetting the bed by January at this rate

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Bonne makes dream start with late rescue act - Report on 23:43 - Oct 4 with 1348 viewsted_hendrix

Bonne makes dream start with late rescue act - Report on 19:14 - Oct 4 by VancouverHoop

It was maybe the issue of creating and maintaining a settled defence as early as possible. After the international break matches come thick and fast so Nico may get his shot then.

I've only seen Hamalainen play 'live' twice, my first and last impression was; Hmmm well okay nothing special there then, was a while ago though.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Bonne makes dream start with late rescue act - Report on 23:52 - Oct 4 with 1321 viewsVancouverHoop

Bonne makes dream start with late rescue act - Report on 23:43 - Oct 4 by ted_hendrix

I've only seen Hamalainen play 'live' twice, my first and last impression was; Hmmm well okay nothing special there then, was a while ago though.

Me too. The last time was when he was with LAFC. Left back isn't really a flashy position, (unless you're Alphonso Davies but, then, we're not Bayern Munich) it might take a few games to see what he can, or can't do.
Bonne makes dream start with late rescue act - Report on 02:32 - Oct 5 with 1215 viewsDavieQPR

I have never rated Hamalainen but then I see how Kakay has taken his chance and am starting to think 'well why not'.
Bonne makes dream start with late rescue act - Report on 09:49 - Oct 5 with 902 viewsderbyhoop

I don't get the criticism of Wallace. It's OTT.

After conceding 76 last year and Manning stalling over a new contract, Warbs wanted to tighten up. Wallace made a howler against Coventry but the tackle on Windass, at the end of the first half was goal-saving.
Sure he's not that quick and, certainly doesn't offer the attacking threat of Manning, but you get what you pay for.

Is Nico another one of those who gets better the less he plays?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Bonne makes dream start with late rescue act - Report on 10:06 - Oct 5 with 869 viewsfrancisbowles

Bonne makes dream start with late rescue act - Report on 09:49 - Oct 5 by derbyhoop

I don't get the criticism of Wallace. It's OTT.

After conceding 76 last year and Manning stalling over a new contract, Warbs wanted to tighten up. Wallace made a howler against Coventry but the tackle on Windass, at the end of the first half was goal-saving.
Sure he's not that quick and, certainly doesn't offer the attacking threat of Manning, but you get what you pay for.

Is Nico another one of those who gets better the less he plays?

Agree with that, good solid pro, missed a lot of football before coming to us and didn't make a public fuss when waiting for his chance. I would think he is still getting his form together.

Obviously he is not as good as Manning going forward but a far more experienced defender. Defence has been our achilles heel for a few years and he is our safest option there whilst we try and organise and settle the back four.

Hamalainen will get his chance as the games come thick and fast.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024