Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best Football Food 11:53 - Nov 12 with 1723 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Moving on from the Sandwich thread, what is everyone’s best Away day culinary experience?

Looking forward to doing Man v Food style tour.

Best Football Food on 11:57 - Nov 12 with 1714 viewsDWQPR

The Vine at West Brom. Never to be beaten. Might as well end the thread now.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Best Football Food on 12:05 - Nov 12 with 1699 viewsWatford_Ranger

Great fish and chip shop at Southend.

In the ground, a chicken balti pie.
Best Football Food on 12:12 - Nov 12 with 1681 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Best Football Food on 12:05 - Nov 12 by Watford_Ranger

Great fish and chip shop at Southend.

In the ground, a chicken balti pie.

Ever eaten a Wigan one?
Best Football Food on 12:12 - Nov 12 with 1681 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

The pies at the new Brighton ground were very good. Washed down with a pint of Harvey’s Best!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Best Football Food on 13:51 - Nov 12 with 1579 viewsMetallica_Hoop

The Fish and Chips in Sheffield from that little shop.

Or the cornish pasty I had in plymouth at Home Park with an Ice cold beer.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2020 13:52]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Best Football Food on 13:58 - Nov 12 with 1562 viewsloftboy

Maine Road Meat and potatoes pies. Short crust pastry with a lid on top with the holes in. Had to have two when we played there.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Best Football Food on 14:16 - Nov 12 with 1534 viewsKonk

Kiddy - Never be beaten. Had planned to work my way through the pies as they are legendary, started on the Shepherd's pie, which was amazing and the size/weight of a brick, barely finished it, and couldn't move onto the pastry pies because I was stuffed. I will return. Proper 10/10.

Torquay - absolutely battered after a very early start - had something like 6-7 pasties during the game, and spent most of the game chatting with the 104 year old woman working in the pie hut. Lush.

Forest - Pork baps from the Pork bap shop in West Bridgford. Magic.

Walsall - 1989 or 1990 - my first ever chicken balti pie - I was not expecting that. Amazing.

Worst thing I've ever eaten at the football: A Scotch pie at Partick Thistle, that was so bad, I had to force myself to finish it, even though I was starving and love pies. cold-vomit-on-cardboard pizza at Hibs would be a very close second.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Best Football Food on 14:32 - Nov 12 with 1513 viewsslmrstid

I remember being at that Coventry - QPR game was the first game at the Ricoh. Me & my dad ate in some transport cafe on the nearby industrial estate that had opened for the game.

Pie, chips and gravy. It was amazing.

Also, the fish and chip shop thats round the back of the away end at Wigan Athletic was brilliant too.

Although I've not done it pre/post football, if anyone gets themselves to Nottingham anytime soon for football or cricket (if ever thats all allowed again!) get yourselves booked into Annie's Burger Shack. Oh. My Days. I've been there just the once, which was before a Killers gig, but it was without a doubt the best burger joint I've ever been to.

Although I'm slightly biased, living as close as I do to Leicester City, if you know where to go there is some great food to be had. If you don't, there is not.
Login to get fewer ads

Best Football Food on 14:32 - Nov 12 with 1513 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Best Football Food on 14:16 - Nov 12 by Konk

Kiddy - Never be beaten. Had planned to work my way through the pies as they are legendary, started on the Shepherd's pie, which was amazing and the size/weight of a brick, barely finished it, and couldn't move onto the pastry pies because I was stuffed. I will return. Proper 10/10.

Torquay - absolutely battered after a very early start - had something like 6-7 pasties during the game, and spent most of the game chatting with the 104 year old woman working in the pie hut. Lush.

Walsall - 1989 or 1990 - my first ever chicken balti pie - I was not expecting that. Amazing.

Worst thing I've ever eaten at the football: A Scotch pie at Partick Thistle, that was so bad, I had to force myself to finish it, even though I was starving and love pies. cold-vomit-on-cardboard pizza at Hibs would be a very close second.

The worse food I’ve ever eaten EVER was in Scotland.

Fish supper at Helmsdale driving back from visiting Karl. Not casting aspersions but I suspect it was deliberate and made with anti Sass sentiments in mind.
Best Football Food on 14:41 - Nov 12 with 1493 viewsrobith

Went to a like Division 4 game in Spain after a wedding we were out there for.

Massive bocadillos for 2 euro 50, ice cold cans for a euro. Game finished 4-3. A guy scored directly from a corner. One of the best days of my life
Best Football Food on 14:58 - Nov 12 with 1470 viewsaston_hoop

Best Football Food on 14:32 - Nov 12 by slmrstid

I remember being at that Coventry - QPR game was the first game at the Ricoh. Me & my dad ate in some transport cafe on the nearby industrial estate that had opened for the game.

Pie, chips and gravy. It was amazing.

Also, the fish and chip shop thats round the back of the away end at Wigan Athletic was brilliant too.

Although I've not done it pre/post football, if anyone gets themselves to Nottingham anytime soon for football or cricket (if ever thats all allowed again!) get yourselves booked into Annie's Burger Shack. Oh. My Days. I've been there just the once, which was before a Killers gig, but it was without a doubt the best burger joint I've ever been to.

Although I'm slightly biased, living as close as I do to Leicester City, if you know where to go there is some great food to be had. If you don't, there is not.

I go to Nottingham quite regularly when I come back to the UK and Annie's Burger Shack is superb. Very handy for the Nottingham Arena too. Went there for the first time post-Forest a couple of years back

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Best Football Food on 15:19 - Nov 12 with 1435 viewsted_hendrix

Grimsby, there's a fish and chip shop a few minutes from the away end, used to be £1 per box, bloody awesome and never equaled.
Blackburn for the meat and potato pies, never had better.
On the A1M a couple of miles short of Sunderland there is a bloody good roadside diner on the right hand side that we also used on the way to Newcastle too.

Shyte away grounds for food;

Any of the soulless out of town grounds too many to mention but Doncaster and MK Dons spring to mind and of course those disgusting and complete and utter barstard fakes, oh and Swindon once you eventually get across the magic roundabout.

Big, big up to the cafe in Bloemfontein Road.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Best Football Food on 15:34 - Nov 12 with 1398 viewsQPRSteve

Southampton away one year. We passed a Chinese run fish and chip shop. I thought this is not going to be up to much having been in a couple of similar places back home in London. Best chips I've ever had and the fish wasn't shabby either,
Best Football Food on 15:39 - Nov 12 with 1387 viewsTheChef

Hartlepool chips.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Best Football Food on 16:07 - Nov 12 with 1359 viewsmarky67

scunthorpe- asked for a sausage roll thinking it would be something you would get in greggs but no it was a french stick with a proper lincolnshire sausage inside.

wolves- chicken balti pies, blooming lovely.
Best Football Food on 16:20 - Nov 12 with 1335 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

Real Madrid.
Tapas and some Mahou before, sat outside with a view of the stadium.
After, a tiny bar even closer to the stadium - 2 Euro beers, tortilla sandwiches for free. Fantastic.
Best Football Food on 16:52 - Nov 12 with 1287 viewsGRDHoops

Home: The Weeping Tiger at the Crown & Septre.

Away: The Vine WBA. BBQ Chicken Tikka & Naan.
Best Football Food on 17:34 - Nov 12 with 1245 viewsderbyhoop

Best Football Food on 15:19 - Nov 12 by ted_hendrix

Grimsby, there's a fish and chip shop a few minutes from the away end, used to be £1 per box, bloody awesome and never equaled.
Blackburn for the meat and potato pies, never had better.
On the A1M a couple of miles short of Sunderland there is a bloody good roadside diner on the right hand side that we also used on the way to Newcastle too.

Shyte away grounds for food;

Any of the soulless out of town grounds too many to mention but Doncaster and MK Dons spring to mind and of course those disgusting and complete and utter barstard fakes, oh and Swindon once you eventually get across the magic roundabout.

Big, big up to the cafe in Bloemfontein Road.

Fish & chip shop in Cleethorpes. Just yards from Grimsby ground. Met Marc Bircham's dad in there before watching Eric Sabin score from a yard out

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Best Football Food on 17:35 - Nov 12 with 1243 viewsterryb

The Slubber Arms, Huddersfield.

The food was only Scotch Eggs or Pork Pies etc, but they tasted superbly along with my choice of approx eight real ales. Cider & Craft Lagers were readily available as well if required.
Best Football Food on 17:39 - Nov 12 with 1238 viewsHayesender

The Vine in west Bromwich is superb, but I had great pie and mushy peas outside Barnsley in our promotion year under Warnock.

Helped to line the stomach for the night that lay ahead

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Best Football Food on 18:48 - Nov 12 with 1190 viewsWoog

Best Football Food on 14:16 - Nov 12 by Konk

Singularly the best thing I have ever eaten at the football is in Scotland, the Killie Pie at KIlmarnock FC.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killie_pie

Shout out to the cricket club at Burnley who do huge portions at very good prices.
Best Football Food on 19:29 - Nov 12 with 1157 viewsEsox_Lucius

Georges Tradition in Long Eaton. Best fish & chips I have ever found in my travels around the country. There is a takeaway one on Trent Bridge Road but it isn't as good as the restaurant in Long Eaton.

The grass is always greener.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024