Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A different breed 11:44 - Dec 5 with 1560 viewswelwynranger

Just watched The Big Match revisited from 1975.
Luton v Newcastle.
The Luton keeper dived into a group of players to gather the ball. Got kicked full in the face by his own player. His nose burst open, the bridge looked like it was on the side of his face.
The physio came on stopped the bleeding and put a plaster over his nose .
The keeper carried on and made 2 good saves. As Luton went on to win the match.
Cant imagine that happening these days
A different breed on 12:48 - Dec 5 with 1462 viewsessextaxiboy

Something like that would keep Talksport going for a week at least .
A different breed on 14:19 - Dec 5 with 1340 viewsCamberleyR

A couple of proper old school pitches in the programme as well. What was going on with the Highbury pitch?

In those days of pitches being absolute quagmires from November to March, I remember there's being one of the better ones. Must have been raining for days in London although Luton's was covered in sand as well.

One thing I've noticed from watching these old Big Match programmes when they've featured Arsenal is what a player Alan Ball was. He would be worth an absolute fortune these days.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

A different breed on 15:03 - Dec 5 with 1286 viewsNov77

A different breed on 14:19 - Dec 5 by CamberleyR

A couple of proper old school pitches in the programme as well. What was going on with the Highbury pitch?

In those days of pitches being absolute quagmires from November to March, I remember there's being one of the better ones. Must have been raining for days in London although Luton's was covered in sand as well.

One thing I've noticed from watching these old Big Match programmes when they've featured Arsenal is what a player Alan Ball was. He would be worth an absolute fortune these days.

Graeme Souness said he only played against two players whom "he couldn't get near". one was Zico, the other, Alan Ball

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

A different breed on 15:39 - Dec 5 with 1257 viewsizlingtonhoop

A different breed on 15:03 - Dec 5 by Nov77

Graeme Souness said he only played against two players whom "he couldn't get near". one was Zico, the other, Alan Ball

"he couldn't get near".

Presumably means: kick, and wound
A different breed on 15:47 - Dec 5 with 1245 viewswelwynranger

Quagmire pitches.
A game at Derby a penalty was awarded a grounds man had to find the spot then put a load of sand down.
Different days
A different breed on 15:50 - Dec 5 with 1241 viewsCLAREMAN1995

A different breed on 15:39 - Dec 5 by izlingtonhoop

"he couldn't get near".

Presumably means: kick, and wound

After watching the England V Argentina bloodbath and lots of clips posted on here of QPR from that era I truly believe todays game is the enjoyable of any generation
Of course VAR has fuc*d it up but taking out dangerous play and letting your superstars shine just makes it the way to go.
Its the TV era now for the most part so more scoring and attractive play is the way forward
A different breed on 16:00 - Dec 5 with 1232 viewsstowmarketrange

On a different note,our local radio issued a yellow warning for ice and snow from 9pm last night until 10pm tonight,and asked us to look after vulnerable people.They then said that the temperature was expected to drop to as low as +2c.
When did we all become such wimps that we are in danger when temperatures get as low as +2 fecking degrees centigrade?
A different breed on 18:30 - Dec 5 with 1125 viewsDannyPaddox

Didn’t Highbury have under-soil heating - which in the 70s was a big wow tomorrow’s world state-of-art sort of thing. I think QPR may have tried it but either pointed the heat the wrong way and fried Doug McClure or pointed it the right way and merely warmed up the puddles.
Login to get fewer ads

A different breed on 20:29 - Dec 5 with 1053 viewswelwynranger

A different breed on 16:00 - Dec 5 by stowmarketrange

On a different note,our local radio issued a yellow warning for ice and snow from 9pm last night until 10pm tonight,and asked us to look after vulnerable people.They then said that the temperature was expected to drop to as low as +2c.
When did we all become such wimps that we are in danger when temperatures get as low as +2 fecking degrees centigrade?

Exactly it's a winter game
A different breed on 22:09 - Dec 5 with 993 viewsBrianMcCarthy

A different breed on 16:00 - Dec 5 by stowmarketrange

We have colours for our weather over here now. The last thing Irish people needed was a device that made us talk even more about weather, but we have one, and we do.

We now have 48 hours of chat about the upcoming orange weather warning, twenty minutes of a bit of wind and 24 hours talking about it after it leaves us.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

A different breed on 00:48 - Dec 6 with 915 viewstimcocking

And presumably, no foul given. The good old days.
A different breed on 00:58 - Dec 6 with 909 viewsMyke

A different breed on 22:09 - Dec 5 by BrianMcCarthy

We have colours for our weather over here now. The last thing Irish people needed was a device that made us talk even more about weather, but we have one, and we do.

We now have 48 hours of chat about the upcoming orange weather warning, twenty minutes of a bit of wind and 24 hours talking about it after it leaves us.

Ah yes Brian. But remember a gale force wind Donnybrook is only a bit of a breeze in clonakilty!
A different breed on 08:27 - Dec 6 with 839 viewsStanisgod

A different breed on 18:30 - Dec 5 by DannyPaddox

Didn’t Highbury have under-soil heating - which in the 70s was a big wow tomorrow’s world state-of-art sort of thing. I think QPR may have tried it but either pointed the heat the wrong way and fried Doug McClure or pointed it the right way and merely warmed up the puddles.

Doug McClure, one of my all time heroe

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

A different breed on 10:23 - Dec 6 with 782 viewssupahoopsa

A different breed on 08:27 - Dec 6 by Stanisgod

Doug McClure, one of my all time heroe

Loved Trampas as a kid

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

A different breed on 15:10 - Dec 6 with 695 viewsBoston

A different breed on 10:23 - Dec 6 by supahoopsa

Loved Trampas as a kid

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024