Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Free kick to the keeper, or not. 19:44 - Dec 27 with 987 viewsqpr_1968

goal or penalty.....44 seconds in.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Free kick to the keeper, or not. on 19:49 - Dec 27 with 955 viewssupahoopsa

A goal, but if the Ref blew early then it had to be a penalty

Unbelievable Jeff

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

Free kick to the keeper, or not. on 19:54 - Dec 27 with 946 viewsstowmarketrange

They were Botha bit dodgy as it looks like the keeper got a touch of the ball on the 1st one.
Free kick to the keeper, or not. on 20:07 - Dec 27 with 914 viewsdistortR

Free kick to the keeper, or not. on 19:54 - Dec 27 by stowmarketrange

They were Botha bit dodgy as it looks like the keeper got a touch of the ball on the 1st one.

yeah, the Pope one looked like a good tackle and the second one is wrong and then wrong again.
Shame there isn't some system where the referee can review..................
Free kick to the keeper, or not. on 20:08 - Dec 27 with 911 viewsStanisgod

Free kick to the keeper, or not. on 19:54 - Dec 27 by stowmarketrange

Goalie spilled it, simple as.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Free kick to the keeper, or not. on 20:29 - Dec 27 with 851 viewsHamptonR

First one a penalty.

Second one, either a penalty or a goal.
The last time that type of challenge was a free kick to the keeper was during the eighties at Anfield or the nineties at Old Trafford.
Free kick to the keeper, or not. on 20:39 - Dec 27 with 829 viewsbosh67

Keeper drops it. Should have stood.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Free kick to the keeper, or not. on 22:40 - Dec 27 with 716 viewsDannyPaddox

I don’t think the first one was a pen - keeper got to the ball first - was it because his studs were showing? Maybe he should’ve been braver and smothered it with his body but still he got to the ball first - I’m not sure I understand the rules of the game I love so much anymore.
Free kick to the keeper, or not. on 10:11 - Dec 28 with 579 viewsfrancisbowles

Free kick to the keeper, or not. on 22:40 - Dec 27 by DannyPaddox

I don’t think the first one was a pen - keeper got to the ball first - was it because his studs were showing? Maybe he should’ve been braver and smothered it with his body but still he got to the ball first - I’m not sure I understand the rules of the game I love so much anymore.

I think it was a good tackle by Pope and wondered whether 'excessive force' came into it but I thought that the contact was from the momentum, mainly from Banford.

The other one was a foul and should have been an advantage and a goal. Don't understand why VAR can't see that, the ref having blown too early, the decision is incorrect and advise a penalty.

We need Pinner on the case.
Login to get fewer ads

Free kick to the keeper, or not. on 10:23 - Dec 28 with 540 viewsWatford_Ranger

Free kick to the keeper, or not. on 10:11 - Dec 28 by francisbowles

I think it was a good tackle by Pope and wondered whether 'excessive force' came into it but I thought that the contact was from the momentum, mainly from Banford.

The other one was a foul and should have been an advantage and a goal. Don't understand why VAR can't see that, the ref having blown too early, the decision is incorrect and advise a penalty.

We need Pinner on the case.

Don’t think VAR could intervene and give a goal because the ref had blown for a foul before it went in. Presumably it then wasn’t ‘clear and obvious’ enough to give a penalty so you end up with the worst option of the three. From what I saw of the match he was a massive homer.
Free kick to the keeper, or not. on 15:00 - Dec 28 with 441 viewsPinnerPaul

That should have been a penalty and certainly 'clear and obvious' enough for VAR to recommend ref look at it.

Should have been a goal of course, but as ref blew too quickly, VAR couldn't recommend that.

The main thing to note here, is that not one Leeds player appealed for a foul, not even the GK!
Free kick to the keeper, or not. on 15:06 - Dec 28 with 429 viewsfrancisbowles

Free kick to the keeper, or not. on 15:00 - Dec 28 by PinnerPaul

That should have been a penalty and certainly 'clear and obvious' enough for VAR to recommend ref look at it.

Should have been a goal of course, but as ref blew too quickly, VAR couldn't recommend that.

The main thing to note here, is that not one Leeds player appealed for a foul, not even the GK!

What about the Pope tackle, Pinner?
Free kick to the keeper, or not. on 15:25 - Dec 28 with 410 viewsPinnerPaul

Free kick to the keeper, or not. on 15:06 - Dec 28 by francisbowles

What about the Pope tackle, Pinner?

That one IS debateable - I thought pen, but can see the argument for no foul.

"Get off that fence"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024