Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
50 Up for Charlie 21:37 - Feb 2 with 2035 viewsytt28

Brilliant watch on the offish of all of his 50 goals!!
50 Up for Charlie on 06:57 - Feb 3 with 1964 viewssuperhoopdownunder

A natural goalscorer and a winner.
He has lifted us on the field, in the dressing room and at the training ground.
Charlie is a Ranger.
I think the journalist (I think her name is Flo) that said he was fat and past it should apologise.

Anyway lovely goals

U R’s

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/features/charlie-austin-all-50-goals-020221/
[Post edited 3 Feb 2021 7:00]
50 Up for Charlie on 07:40 - Feb 3 with 1934 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Thanks. Great start to the day that!

*Edit - Out of interest, 50 goals in 93 appearances. Is that just 93 starts or does it include sub appearances?
[Post edited 3 Feb 2021 7:54]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

50 Up for Charlie on 08:23 - Feb 3 with 1899 viewsbakerloo8

50 Up for Charlie on 07:40 - Feb 3 by CliveWilsonSaid

Thanks. Great start to the day that!

*Edit - Out of interest, 50 goals in 93 appearances. Is that just 93 starts or does it include sub appearances?
[Post edited 3 Feb 2021 7:54]

Would be starts and sub appearances.
50 Up for Charlie on 08:51 - Feb 3 with 1866 viewsBrianMcCarthy

50 Up for Charlie on 06:57 - Feb 3 by superhoopdownunder

A natural goalscorer and a winner.
He has lifted us on the field, in the dressing room and at the training ground.
Charlie is a Ranger.
I think the journalist (I think her name is Flo) that said he was fat and past it should apologise.

Anyway lovely goals

U R’s

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/features/charlie-austin-all-50-goals-020221/
[Post edited 3 Feb 2021 7:00]

This is what she said.

"Scored one goal from open play last season and is over weight and unfit"

The first bit is a fact (I presume it's correct) and the second is definitely a valid view, albeit in the eye of the beholder. He is very slow to close down and it was noticeable I thought in the Derby game in particular. Whether that will improve as he gets match fitness or whether that's as much as he can do at 31 we'll have to wait and see. You'd hope we got get him more mobile.

She also said that she'd this "If we weren’t in this position I would go for it.", so it was hardly a witch-hunt

I don't see that what she said was terribly wrong, and she wasn't the only person who had those reservations. Absolutely no need for apologies, that I can see.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

50 Up for Charlie on 09:31 - Feb 3 with 1824 viewsDorse

50 Up for Charlie on 08:51 - Feb 3 by BrianMcCarthy

This is what she said.

The first bit is a fact (I presume it's correct) and the second is definitely a valid view, albeit in the eye of the beholder. He is very slow to close down and it was noticeable I thought in the Derby game in particular. Whether that will improve as he gets match fitness or whether that's as much as he can do at 31 we'll have to wait and see. You'd hope we got get him more mobile.

She also said that she'd this "If we weren’t in this position I would go for it.", so it was hardly a witch-hunt

I don't see that what she said was terribly wrong, and she wasn't the only person who had those reservations. Absolutely no need for apologies, that I can see.

She hurt his feelings and he ruined his dog's birthday party by being distracted with a creeping sense of Unbehagen. Charlie had to sit in a darkened toilet, crying, as he listened to Alanis Morrisette on his phone. Although this might simply be the natural reaction to hearing Alanis Morrisette, it is still unusal for Charlie. If I were him, I would stay here for the rest of his career, play for free and score 150 goals over the next 4 seasons, giving him a double century. That would get his self esteem back and possibly make up for ruining Oggy the Schnauzer's birthday party.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2021 9:33]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

50 Up for Charlie on 09:31 - Feb 3 with 1823 viewssuperhoopdownunder

This is what she said.

Cheers Brian

Yes if that’s what she said no problem.
I heard something different on a podcast (fat and unfit) and that Charlie was upset about it.

Anyway glad it’s all working out.
50 Up for Charlie on 09:50 - Feb 3 with 1807 viewsbosh67

He's not bad. I think we should try and keep him!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

50 Up for Charlie on 10:04 - Feb 3 with 1791 viewssuperhoopdownunder

50 Up for Charlie on 09:50 - Feb 3 by bosh67

He's not bad. I think we should try and keep him!

Agree he’s made a huge difference in the past four games
Login to get fewer ads

50 Up for Charlie on 10:42 - Feb 3 with 1747 viewsdaveB

This is what she said.

I thought when she questioned his character that was out of order but I think Flo knows what she's doing and just likes to wind people up sometimes, it backfired this time as Charlie himself called her out on it
50 Up for Charlie on 10:44 - Feb 3 with 1741 viewsBrianMcCarthy

50 Up for Charlie on 10:42 - Feb 3 by daveB

I thought when she questioned his character that was out of order but I think Flo knows what she's doing and just likes to wind people up sometimes, it backfired this time as Charlie himself called her out on it

Did she?

If so, I genuinely missed that.

50 Up for Charlie on 10:48 - Feb 3 with 1730 viewsLongsufferingR

Great stuff. Makes me think how much better we would have been with a fit Zamora alongside him more often. Quite a partnership.
50 Up for Charlie on 10:56 - Feb 3 with 1717 viewssuperhoopdownunder

50 Up for Charlie on 10:48 - Feb 3 by LongsufferingR

Great stuff. Makes me think how much better we would have been with a fit Zamora alongside him more often. Quite a partnership.

How good was Charlie in that team in premier league? Agree if Zamora was fit and we realised our potential we could have been better and avoided relegation.
As it was we were poor and Charlie was excellent.
50 Up for Charlie on 11:45 - Feb 3 with 1677 viewsAntti_Heinola

50 Up for Charlie on 10:56 - Feb 3 by superhoopdownunder

How good was Charlie in that team in premier league? Agree if Zamora was fit and we realised our potential we could have been better and avoided relegation.
As it was we were poor and Charlie was excellent.

Charlie Austin basically carried the entire team for two years and bailed out bloody Redknapp so many times it was unreal. Anyone remember our form when he was injured in our promotion season? We were woeful.

Bare bones.

50 Up for Charlie on 12:24 - Feb 3 with 1654 viewsdaveB

50 Up for Charlie on 10:44 - Feb 3 by BrianMcCarthy

Did she?

If so, I genuinely missed that.

She said that he is not the type of character you want in a relegation battle, on top of saying he was too old and over weight can see why he got the hump with her
50 Up for Charlie on 12:27 - Feb 3 with 1652 viewsdaveB

50 Up for Charlie on 11:45 - Feb 3 by Antti_Heinola

Charlie Austin basically carried the entire team for two years and bailed out bloody Redknapp so many times it was unreal. Anyone remember our form when he was injured in our promotion season? We were woeful.

He was out injured for 2 months, we signed Will Keane, Miaga, Doyle, Ravel Morrison and Benayoun to replace him and won a grand total of 4 out of 12 games. As you say he carried the team for 2 years
50 Up for Charlie on 12:43 - Feb 3 with 1639 viewsBrianMcCarthy

50 Up for Charlie on 12:24 - Feb 3 by daveB

She said that he is not the type of character you want in a relegation battle, on top of saying he was too old and over weight can see why he got the hump with her

Ya, perhaps Flo could have worded that part better. Fair enough. But I'd have no problem with her having such concerns particularly as the word from West Brom was very mixed. And she certainly wasn't the only Rangers fan who was concerned.

50 Up for Charlie on 12:43 - Feb 3 with 1635 viewsstevenagehoop

50 Up for Charlie on 12:27 - Feb 3 by daveB

He was out injured for 2 months, we signed Will Keane, Miaga, Doyle, Ravel Morrison and Benayoun to replace him and won a grand total of 4 out of 12 games. As you say he carried the team for 2 years

A great variety of goals showing what a good striker he is - also many headed goals which shows what he can do with a decent delivery - lets hope he gets those decent crosses this time round.

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

50 Up for Charlie on 12:45 - Feb 3 with 1629 viewsBrianMcCarthy

50 Up for Charlie on 12:43 - Feb 3 by stevenagehoop

A great variety of goals showing what a good striker he is - also many headed goals which shows what he can do with a decent delivery - lets hope he gets those decent crosses this time round.

Very true about the headers. Best headerer(erer?) we've had up front since Ferdinand?

Also, what was his penos record? He scored a fair few, and all well taken.

50 Up for Charlie on 12:53 - Feb 3 with 1610 viewsstevenagehoop

50 Up for Charlie on 12:27 - Feb 3 by daveB

First three agreed - didn’t see Morrison or Benayoun brought in to replace him - more players to try to open up defences.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2021 12:54]

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

50 Up for Charlie on 12:53 - Feb 3 with 1610 viewsLowerloftLad

I still cant believe Charlie decided to shoot from that distance vs Charlton. I remember thinking at the time what is he doing there. but what a goal.

on the premier league season my dad is convinced
we would have stayed up if remy had stayed and played up front with Austin all season
[Post edited 3 Feb 2021 12:58]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

50 Up for Charlie on 13:14 - Feb 3 with 1574 viewsbosh67

50 Up for Charlie on 12:45 - Feb 3 by BrianMcCarthy

Very true about the headers. Best headerer(erer?) we've had up front since Ferdinand?

Heiðar Helguson probably was one of the best headers of a football we had. The Icelandic Salmon! Took some of the coolest penalties ever. Knew where the goal was. I'd say Les, Heiðar and Charlie our best aerial headers of a ball in my lifetime.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

50 Up for Charlie on 13:21 - Feb 3 with 1561 viewsLongsufferingR

50 Up for Charlie on 12:45 - Feb 3 by BrianMcCarthy

I can only remember him missing one v Hull opening day of 2014-15 in PL.
50 Up for Charlie on 11:42 - Feb 4 with 1438 viewsW7Ranger

50 Up for Charlie on 13:21 - Feb 3 by LongsufferingR

I can only remember him missing one v Hull opening day of 2014-15 in PL.

Pretty sure he missed one against West Ham at home towards the end of the season. Think it finished 0-0. Think that result kind of sealed our doom.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024