Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New training ground. Work started? 12:09 - Jul 3 with 2904 viewsknocker

Anyone been by to see if anything has happened?
New training ground. Work started? on 13:37 - Jul 3 with 2805 viewsdmm

Lee Hoos is due to do one of his online Q&A sessions and I've submitted a question asking for an update on the training ground. I'm sure I'll not the only one asking so hopefully he'll give provide some info.
New training ground. Work started? on 15:40 - Jul 3 with 2680 viewsknocker

New training ground. Work started? on 13:37 - Jul 3 by dmm

Lee Hoos is due to do one of his online Q&A sessions and I've submitted a question asking for an update on the training ground. I'm sure I'll not the only one asking so hopefully he'll give provide some info.

Let's hope so. Seems to be taking for ever.
New training ground. Work started? on 16:35 - Jul 3 with 2569 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

If you read the Council committee report you will see that the club have to satisfy a number of complicated requirements before the actual planning permission is issued. I would guess that these will take our legal friends several months to deal with. Apart from any preparatory works which do not require permission I doubt that there will be much to see on site in 2021.

Have patience. Lots of it.
New training ground. Work started? on 16:50 - Jul 3 with 2523 viewsknocker

Was asking after seeing Everton start building their new ground on 28th of this month. Don't know how long they've been waiting for a start date. Maybe it's a London thing.
New training ground. Work started? on 21:54 - Jul 3 with 2225 viewsRangersDave

And Evertons ground may never be completed if as is mooted the development ruins the docks the city will lose 'world heritage' status!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

New training ground. Work started? on 10:04 - Jul 20 with 1669 viewsrsonist

Addressed in the latest part 3 of the QPR Business Q&A.

Held up for by the council taking four months to submit a report to the GLA, which they now have done this week, then secretary of state has 21 days to approve. So all in all about a month to hopefully complete planning process.

One objection from Sport England of all people, looking to get the club to build playing fields in exchange for the loss of areas that were not open to the public in the first place.
New training ground. Work started? on 12:32 - Jul 20 with 1433 viewsPinnerPaul

New training ground. Work started? on 10:04 - Jul 20 by rsonist

Addressed in the latest part 3 of the QPR Business Q&A.

Held up for by the council taking four months to submit a report to the GLA, which they now have done this week, then secretary of state has 21 days to approve. So all in all about a month to hopefully complete planning process.

One objection from Sport England of all people, looking to get the club to build playing fields in exchange for the loss of areas that were not open to the public in the first place.

Re your last point, yes that DID seem particularly unfair as presented, and certainly he seemed frustrated by it.

You would think SE would concentrate efforts on organisations/councils who a) have the land b) the opportunity and c) the obligation to provide public playing fields.

None of those 3 criteria apply to us!

LH said that, despite that, we had somehow offered to fund some local amenities and that SE were still not happy!
New training ground. Work started? on 12:36 - Jul 20 with 1425 viewsJuzzie

New training ground. Work started? on 12:32 - Jul 20 by PinnerPaul

Re your last point, yes that DID seem particularly unfair as presented, and certainly he seemed frustrated by it.

You would think SE would concentrate efforts on organisations/councils who a) have the land b) the opportunity and c) the obligation to provide public playing fields.

None of those 3 criteria apply to us!

LH said that, despite that, we had somehow offered to fund some local amenities and that SE were still not happy!

It's like buying a house. When we sold our house the buyer's solicitor made unreasonable requests but it then becomes a game of bluff. As it was just a few hundred pounds I agreed to it because the process was already 2 months delayed and I didn't want any further delay then the seller of our other house pulling out.

Takes the p*ss really.
Login to get fewer ads

New training ground. Work started? on 14:05 - Jul 20 with 1282 viewsPinnerPaul

New training ground. Work started? on 12:36 - Jul 20 by Juzzie

It's like buying a house. When we sold our house the buyer's solicitor made unreasonable requests but it then becomes a game of bluff. As it was just a few hundred pounds I agreed to it because the process was already 2 months delayed and I didn't want any further delay then the seller of our other house pulling out.

Takes the p*ss really.

See your point and I'm no expert in this erm......field but Sport England don't own the training ground, it hasn't been a public open space for donkeys, if ever and we're not taking away any 'green spaces - public or private - so don't really see how their objections have any merit/should carry any weight whatsoever.

Maybe an expert in the field of fields - sorry, can't help myself!, could shed some light on it?
New training ground. Work started? on 14:18 - Jul 20 with 1242 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

New training ground. Work started? on 14:05 - Jul 20 by PinnerPaul

See your point and I'm no expert in this erm......field but Sport England don't own the training ground, it hasn't been a public open space for donkeys, if ever and we're not taking away any 'green spaces - public or private - so don't really see how their objections have any merit/should carry any weight whatsoever.

Maybe an expert in the field of fields - sorry, can't help myself!, could shed some light on it?

I think what you’re looking for is a grass?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

New training ground. Work started? on 14:27 - Jul 20 with 1213 viewsJuzzie

New training ground. Work started? on 14:05 - Jul 20 by PinnerPaul

oh I agree with you, just illustrating the petty nature of it all and how some try and use it to get things in their favour.

As you said, we not taking away anything that was previously available.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024