Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reading Away 09:18 - Aug 25 with 3833 viewssoops

Want to take my teen daughter to her first ever away game - would rather avoid the slightly more raucous seating sections (whilst still getting the atmosphere), so any advice on where to sit / where not to sit would be appreciated!
Cheers
Reading Away on 09:21 - Aug 25 with 3818 viewstoboboly

Been twice, never had any trouble. Spacious seating from what I remember. If you mean our away fans the nearer the front the less likely you are to be in 'the mix'.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Reading Away on 09:32 - Aug 25 with 3757 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Reading Away on 09:21 - Aug 25 by toboboly

Been twice, never had any trouble. Spacious seating from what I remember. If you mean our away fans the nearer the front the less likely you are to be in 'the mix'.

Yeh i’d suggest front 10 rows in the middle. There can be some banter between fans on the left and right edges because you’re not far from the away fans but never had a problem.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Reading Away on 11:10 - Aug 25 with 3539 viewsWren67

Went away to the Madejski Stadium on Boxing Day 2019 with my 11 year old Grandson.
Sizeable crowd but no problems in or out of the Stadium.

This will be my first away this season and I intend to take my Grandson again
Reading Away on 11:27 - Aug 25 with 3485 viewsthame_hoops

0-0 . You're welcome.
Reading Away on 12:26 - Aug 25 with 3382 viewsBacon

Sit front middle - Hang around after the game at both the Hull and Boro games the players have given shirts to kids.

Far enough away from the main signing section, and the added potential bonus of above.
Reading Away on 12:29 - Aug 25 with 3366 viewstoboboly

Reading Away on 11:27 - Aug 25 by thame_hoops

0-0 . You're welcome.

Both of mine were 0-0, the 0-1 with an added red card which became popular always missed me.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Reading Away on 13:46 - Aug 25 with 3240 viewsderbyhoop

An atmosphere at the Madjeski? That would be a 1st.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Reading Away on 16:20 - Aug 25 with 3049 viewsqpr_1968

the leg room at reading is probably one of the best spacious wise.

but you can't pick where to sit at away games.....unless someone knows different.
always a lottery where your seat ends up.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Login to get fewer ads

Reading Away on 16:28 - Aug 25 with 3026 viewsdaveB

bit of a lottery where you sit, don't think you can pick seats for an away game but if you can aim for the front
Reading Away on 16:51 - Aug 25 with 2976 viewsenfieldargh

from TV highlights looks like away fans are now off camera same end but tunnel side

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Reading Away on 16:56 - Aug 25 with 2952 viewsTacticalR

For anyone who has been before:

How easy is to get from the station to the ground and back on the bus? Is there a bottleneck?

If you had the choice is it better to go by train or by car?

Air hostess clique

Reading Away on 17:04 - Aug 25 with 2924 viewsted_hendrix

Reading Away on 16:56 - Aug 25 by TacticalR

For anyone who has been before:

How easy is to get from the station to the ground and back on the bus? Is there a bottleneck?

If you had the choice is it better to go by train or by car?

Buses drop you off at the away end although I've never used them their always busy.
Re tickets and seating invariably the last few times I've been they sell tickets to away fans on the day or evening of the game, we used to get a fairly big allocation but that's been reduced for the last few games.

Word of warning the M4 is full of speed restrictions and the god forsaken night closures at the moment so be warned.

Hate that club, hate them more than I hate having to eat bloody salad.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Reading Away on 19:08 - Aug 25 with 2812 viewsTGRRRSSS

Adding to Ted's point about M4 look out for weekend closures, as it's a Saturday 3pm game.

I'm hoping to go, if I do my first since January 2020 when we lost to Wednesday in the Cup.
Reading Away on 19:18 - Aug 25 with 2801 viewsCiderwithRsie

Reading Away on 19:08 - Aug 25 by TGRRRSSS

Adding to Ted's point about M4 look out for weekend closures, as it's a Saturday 3pm game.

I'm hoping to go, if I do my first since January 2020 when we lost to Wednesday in the Cup.

I stopped using the M4 to get to London about a year ago, it's just awful. Would seriously think of using the train if possible.
Reading Away on 19:20 - Aug 25 with 2796 viewsTacticalR

Reading Away on 17:04 - Aug 25 by ted_hendrix

Buses drop you off at the away end although I've never used them their always busy.
Re tickets and seating invariably the last few times I've been they sell tickets to away fans on the day or evening of the game, we used to get a fairly big allocation but that's been reduced for the last few games.

Word of warning the M4 is full of speed restrictions and the god forsaken night closures at the moment so be warned.

Hate that club, hate them more than I hate having to eat bloody salad.

So how do you get from the station to the ground if the buses are always busy?

Air hostess clique

Reading Away on 19:47 - Aug 25 with 2753 viewsted_hendrix

Reading Away on 19:20 - Aug 25 by TacticalR

So how do you get from the station to the ground if the buses are always busy?

Should have made myself more clearer, by busy I meant plenty of them, after the game there are buses queued up waiting outside the shithole all the way down to the roundabout.

Bit of info here.

Reading (Station) to Madejski Stadium by bus and walk
The journey time between Reading (Station) and Madejski Stadium is around 10 min and covers a distance of around 3 miles. The fastest journey normally takes 8 min. Operated by Reading Buses, the Reading (Station) to Madejski Stadium service departs from Reading Town Centre, Station Road and arrives in Madejski Stadium. Typically 622 services run weekly, although weekend and holiday schedules can vary so check in advance.

The walk takes about an hour.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Reading Away on 19:48 - Aug 25 with 2753 viewsdenhamhoop2

Would suggest however long you think it should take to get to the ground by bus double it. Absolute bottleneck getting near the ground and I don't know who said the buses drop off at the away end couldn't be further from the truth get to walk around half the ground past the hotel to the away end. As for atmosphere wouldn't worry too much it's normally not too lively from either set of fans as R's have many M25 fans turn up at this ground and dilute any passion involved
Reading Away on 14:58 - Aug 26 with 2396 viewsfrancisbowles

Reading Away on 19:48 - Aug 25 by denhamhoop2

Would suggest however long you think it should take to get to the ground by bus double it. Absolute bottleneck getting near the ground and I don't know who said the buses drop off at the away end couldn't be further from the truth get to walk around half the ground past the hotel to the away end. As for atmosphere wouldn't worry too much it's normally not too lively from either set of fans as R's have many M25 fans turn up at this ground and dilute any passion involved

M25 fans?
Reading Away on 18:20 - Aug 26 with 2287 viewsdenhamhoop2

Reading Away on 14:58 - Aug 26 by francisbowles

M25 fans?

QPR fans normally season ticket holders who will traditionally only go to 3 or 4 away games a season normally Brentford/Fulham/Chelsea/Reading/Watford basically anyone london or near to the M25 motorway so they can be home more or less the same time as a home game.
Reading Away on 18:38 - Aug 26 with 2257 viewskensalriser

Reading Away on 18:20 - Aug 26 by denhamhoop2

QPR fans normally season ticket holders who will traditionally only go to 3 or 4 away games a season normally Brentford/Fulham/Chelsea/Reading/Watford basically anyone london or near to the M25 motorway so they can be home more or less the same time as a home game.

Are they a lesser class of fan?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Reading Away on 18:44 - Aug 26 with 2242 viewsdenhamhoop2

Reading Away on 18:38 - Aug 26 by kensalriser

No but do tend to make it more like a home game and a more subdued atmosphere in the away end IMHO but I could be wrong it happens more than I would care to admit
Reading Away on 18:45 - Aug 26 with 2239 viewsfrancisbowles

Reading Away on 18:38 - Aug 26 by kensalriser

and why would they 'kill the atmosphere'.
Reading Away on 18:03 - Aug 27 with 1937 viewsTGRRRSSS

Anyone know when tickets are on sale?

Reading already have theirs on general sale, we don't seem to have anything up about it whatsoever.
Reading Away on 18:21 - Aug 27 with 1904 viewsDavieQPR

They more than likely don't use Ticketmaster. Probably why their Booking Fee is only £1.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024