Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another one beamed up.. Richard H Kirk R.I.P. 18:23 - Oct 8 with 1963 viewsEastR

Founder member Cabaret Voltaire, one of the good guys, hugely influential

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/oct/08/richard-h-kirk-obituary

Ar dheis De go raibh a anam
[Post edited 8 Oct 2021 18:36]

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Another one beamed up.. Richard H Kirk R.I.P. on 22:43 - Oct 8 with 1795 viewshoopsa

Great track that 70 billion people 👍
Another one beamed up.. Richard H Kirk R.I.P. on 23:51 - Oct 8 with 1762 viewsMrSheen

My God, loved them. Saw them at the Clarendon in Hammersmith, where the bus station is now, supported by Young Marble Giants.

Try Three Mantras, Voice of America, Mix-Up and Red Mecca. One of the original three, Chris Watson, left at the peak of what passed for their fame to become a TV sound recordist. He happened to be on Private Passions on Radio 3, extended Desert Island Discs, last year, playing a recording he made of geese over a lake in Iceland!
Another one beamed up.. Richard H Kirk R.I.P. on 00:46 - Oct 9 with 1743 viewsBoston

Another one beamed up.. Richard H Kirk R.I.P. on 23:51 - Oct 8 by MrSheen

My God, loved them. Saw them at the Clarendon in Hammersmith, where the bus station is now, supported by Young Marble Giants.

Try Three Mantras, Voice of America, Mix-Up and Red Mecca. One of the original three, Chris Watson, left at the peak of what passed for their fame to become a TV sound recordist. He happened to be on Private Passions on Radio 3, extended Desert Island Discs, last year, playing a recording he made of geese over a lake in Iceland!

Oh man, loved the Clarendon.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Another one beamed up.. Richard H Kirk R.I.P. on 11:06 - Oct 9 with 1661 viewsbollockchops

Had tickets to see them at the Hacienda but they cancelled Sub Sub was the support band
Another one beamed up.. Richard H Kirk R.I.P. on 11:29 - Oct 9 with 1645 viewsCroydonCaptJack

This was a few weeks back wasn't it?
Sad loss.
Another one beamed up.. Richard H Kirk R.I.P. on 11:33 - Oct 9 with 1640 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Another one beamed up.. Richard H Kirk R.I.P. on 23:51 - Oct 8 by MrSheen

'Private Passions' is new to me, Sheen - recommended?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Another one beamed up.. Richard H Kirk R.I.P. on 11:58 - Oct 9 with 1626 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Another one beamed up.. Richard H Kirk R.I.P. on 11:33 - Oct 9 by BrianMcCarthy

Check his Sandoz stuff out if you like a bit of dub
Another one beamed up.. Richard H Kirk R.I.P. on 15:44 - Oct 9 with 1558 viewsMrSheen

Another one beamed up.. Richard H Kirk R.I.P. on 11:33 - Oct 9 by BrianMcCarthy

It’s like an extended Desert Island Discs, but with longer conversations with more obscure but interesting people. There was a fascinating one a few weeks ago with a young theologian called Francesca Stavrakopolou who has written about the weird pagan origins of the Jewish/Christian God, but has a really entertaining story of her own. My wife loves the programme, I often hear it in the car visiting people on Sundays. On BBC Sounds, if you can get it.
Login to get fewer ads

Another one beamed up.. Richard H Kirk R.I.P. on 17:38 - Oct 9 with 1531 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Another one beamed up.. Richard H Kirk R.I.P. on 15:44 - Oct 9 by MrSheen

It’s like an extended Desert Island Discs, but with longer conversations with more obscure but interesting people. There was a fascinating one a few weeks ago with a young theologian called Francesca Stavrakopolou who has written about the weird pagan origins of the Jewish/Christian God, but has a really entertaining story of her own. My wife loves the programme, I often hear it in the car visiting people on Sundays. On BBC Sounds, if you can get it.

Great. Thanks Sheen.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Another one beamed up.. Richard H Kirk R.I.P. on 18:47 - Oct 12 with 1382 viewsDiscodroids

As Lonnie Donegan was to Rock and Roll in this Country, A certain Ratio were to the Chemical Brothers, Underworld, Leftfield, Dave Clarke, LionRock, Slam etc etc ...

RIP.

Pioneers.

[Post edited 12 Oct 2021 18:49]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Another one beamed up.. Richard H Kirk R.I.P. on 20:07 - Oct 12 with 1327 viewsdanehoop

I remember walking into Lightening Records in Ruislip High Street when I first head Sensoria being played over the shop system. I had purchased the 12inch within 5 minutes of hearing it and was playing it death for the next month. Just an amazing band ahead of their time and truly unique.

Never knowingly understood

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024