Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First time home game 08:19 - Nov 7 with 2743 viewscpgerber

Planning a family trip to London in the Christmas break. We play Bournemouth at home on the 27th of December. My gut feel says that will be a tough fixture to get tickets to as a (first time) visitor. Need at least 2, perhaps up to 4 tickets.

Should I be able to get tickets? Otherwise I'm looking at alternative dates, don't want to visit London again and not be at a QPR home game. I guess no point in contacting the club now already, tickets will probably go on sale closer to the game?

Last time I was in London, QPR played away and it was impossible to get tickets to PL games, with the loyalty systems etc. We ended up going to Fulham-Newcastle, which was a pretty good experience though. But watching an already relegated team on last day of the season as a neutral was not first choice.
First time home game on 08:25 - Nov 7 with 2713 viewsWatford_Ranger

With ease I expect. Being on TV will knock a couple of thousand off the gate at least from what it would have been on Boxing Day at 3.

Get the family down to Bristol on the 30th. They’ll love it.
First time home game on 09:07 - Nov 7 with 2590 viewssoops

Yeah, don’t think you’ll struggle to get 4 tickets for Bournemouth - just keep an eye on when they’re on general sale (probably mid-Dec) and get in quick and you’ll be fine.
Hope the family enjoy it!
First time home game on 10:25 - Nov 7 with 2459 viewscpgerber

OK nice, thanks. Doesn't sound like I have anything to worry about.

A side-trip to Bristol is not on the cards, it has to be a first home game for me. 35 years a QPR fan and only been to the stadium once (Fulham vs Southampton long ago, when they played at our place) and only seen QPR live once, away at Newcastle for Mark Hughes' first game.

So a home game is really due.

As a foreign based fan, these opportunities are few and far between.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2021 10:26]
First time home game on 11:35 - Nov 7 with 2359 viewsSuperhoop83

First time home game on 10:25 - Nov 7 by cpgerber

OK nice, thanks. Doesn't sound like I have anything to worry about.

A side-trip to Bristol is not on the cards, it has to be a first home game for me. 35 years a QPR fan and only been to the stadium once (Fulham vs Southampton long ago, when they played at our place) and only seen QPR live once, away at Newcastle for Mark Hughes' first game.

So a home game is really due.

As a foreign based fan, these opportunities are few and far between.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2021 10:26]

Agreed about availability of tickets for the match.

Try to get to the Crown & Sceptre for a pre-match drink if you can. Inexplicably, I only found it a couple of years ago after reading about it on here but it is a great pub and a QPR one. The only problem for me is that I still haven't seen us win after going there, including 3 visits so far this season. 🙁
[Post edited 7 Nov 2021 11:36]

Suffering since 1978.

First time home game on 11:48 - Nov 7 with 2327 viewscpgerber

Will try to go for a pint, yes, depending on how the family feels. The missus not keen on the football, but my kids (14 & 12) both super keen to go.

Best fish & chips place in the area??
First time home game on 12:01 - Nov 7 with 2310 viewsbollockchops

Choose your hotel wisely as there is no trains boxing day just tube !
First time home game on 12:37 - Nov 7 with 2264 viewscpgerber

Darn, flights to London incredibly expensive in that period. Might look at Feb instead, kids have a week holiday then. Hull & Blackpool at home then. Shouldn't be an issue I guess.
First time home game on 12:50 - Nov 7 with 2244 viewspaulhoop2

Defo tickets for those games . Always low gates. Where are you based ?

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Login to get fewer ads

First time home game on 12:58 - Nov 7 with 2239 viewscpgerber

I'm in Amsterdam. Really could/should be visiting London more often, but you know how life goes.... always busy. And London is not the cheapest place to visit.

I grew up in South Africa, though, so up and until I moved to The Netherlands, visiting QPR was just a pipe dream.
First time home game on 16:11 - Nov 7 with 2092 viewsPinnerPaul

First time home game on 12:01 - Nov 7 by bollockchops

Not playing on Boxing day though
First time home game on 16:16 - Nov 7 with 2087 viewsnix

First time home game on 12:37 - Nov 7 by cpgerber

Darn, flights to London incredibly expensive in that period. Might look at Feb instead, kids have a week holiday then. Hull & Blackpool at home then. Shouldn't be an issue I guess.

That might be a better bet. Especially if you could get two matches in. Also more going on in London then than just after Christmas.

Blackpool fans are crazy supporters so should be a great atmosphere, and they play decent football.
First time home game on 12:29 - Nov 8 with 1829 viewstoboboly

First time home game on 12:01 - Nov 7 by bollockchops

The game isn't on Boxing Day anymore - moved due to Sky;

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/festive-fixture-changes-011121/

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

First time home game on 14:15 - Nov 8 with 1729 viewsRBlock

First time home game on 11:48 - Nov 7 by cpgerber

Will try to go for a pint, yes, depending on how the family feels. The missus not keen on the football, but my kids (14 & 12) both super keen to go.

Best fish & chips place in the area??

St Elmo's Fish Bar on Askew Road is your best bet, although it's only takeaway so that might not suit your needs. There's Sofos on Goldhawk Road near the station, although can't vouch for that. Most pubs serve fish and chips now days, that's another option.
First time home game on 08:11 - Feb 4 with 1334 viewscpgerber

Sadly, trip cancelled. UK still code orange for travelling from here in NL and the restrictions and test requirements too much of a hassle. We're all vaccinated and had covid a few weeks ago, so good to go in terms of having covid passes, but just too much hassle and costs with the tests that are required.

Next time....
First time home game on 08:24 - Feb 4 with 1291 viewsRs_Holy

First time home game on 08:11 - Feb 4 by cpgerber

Sadly, trip cancelled. UK still code orange for travelling from here in NL and the restrictions and test requirements too much of a hassle. We're all vaccinated and had covid a few weeks ago, so good to go in terms of having covid passes, but just too much hassle and costs with the tests that are required.

Next time....

sorry to hear that... fingers crossed you can join us soon.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024