Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On train back 17:31 - Feb 19 with 5318 viewstoboboly

Fairly awful. Barbet is reverting to the Barbet if old. Not sure why Austin was left in so long.

Not sure why Uncs winner is disallowed when it comes off a defender either.

Tactically we currently look all over the place but the players in game tactics are naive at best and incompetent at worst. When we move the ball with tempo, movement and run at defenders we pook good but we dont do it enough and for the last 10 mins we let them dictate the game.

So frustrating.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

On train back on 17:35 - Feb 19 with 4335 viewsBoston

Disallowed because the officials missed the contact from the Hull defender.

Barbet did not have a good game.

Tactically we were poor for 30 mins of the first half, but I thought the 2nd forty five was pretty good.

Frustrating, y'ep

Glad to see some trains are running, somewhere.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

On train back on 18:01 - Feb 19 with 4168 viewsStanisgod

The Willock at LWB thing didnt work, would have been better off with Ojebeyo there and Willock for Amos, it was Hull at home FFS.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

On train back on 18:15 - Feb 19 with 4039 viewstraininvain

On train back on 18:01 - Feb 19 by Stanisgod

The Willock at LWB thing didnt work, would have been better off with Ojebeyo there and Willock for Amos, it was Hull at home FFS.

Agreed. But I could see the logic in starting Willock at LWB before the game so I can’t complain too much.

Moses looked ok against Millwall and better again today. Probably deserves a start at LWB on Wednesday.

Irony is that we all wanted Amos to start today but he didn’t add much at all. Ditto Hendrick. Let’s hope the rest has done some good for Johansen and Willock to start further forward again on Wednesday.
On train back on 18:23 - Feb 19 with 3946 viewsStanisgod

On train back on 18:15 - Feb 19 by traininvain

Agreed. But I could see the logic in starting Willock at LWB before the game so I can’t complain too much.

Moses looked ok against Millwall and better again today. Probably deserves a start at LWB on Wednesday.

Irony is that we all wanted Amos to start today but he didn’t add much at all. Ditto Hendrick. Let’s hope the rest has done some good for Johansen and Willock to start further forward again on Wednesday.

Wasnt one of those calling for Amos, bit like Dykes too many false dawns. Thought Hendrick did ok, moved the ball quicker than most team mates.

On train back on 18:27 - Feb 19 with 3896 viewsRed_Ranger

On train back on 18:23 - Feb 19 by Stanisgod

Wasnt one of those calling for Amos, bit like Dykes too many false dawns. Thought Hendrick did ok, moved the ball quicker than most team mates.

I think Hendricks should be played in a much more attacking role.

needs to be a threat on goal.
On train back on 18:28 - Feb 19 with 3880 viewsRuislipHoop

Yep agree with all of that.Next season I will by a season ticket for the second half of every game.
Don’t understand why we play so defensive in the first half and play like it’s the Alamo in the second half.
Hull we’re there for the taking but you’d have thought we were playing Brazil.
On train back on 18:36 - Feb 19 with 3802 viewsW12Mikey

Thought for the 2nd half at least we were much better today. I felt Amos did OK, he always puts in a lot of effort, and we were better at gaining/holding possession in midfield than in recent games. Amos looked very unhappy at being subbed. We improved after he came off but that came from putting Willock in a more central and advanced position and from Moses playing better than recently. Hendrick was pretty good in the last half hour.
Austin didn’t contribute much and I was desperate for Warbs to take him off before he got another yellow card - he seems to get frustrated and commit a lot of silly fouls.
Overall I feel much more optimistic than before the game, but we do need to move the ball forward quicker in the first half of games.
On train back on 18:39 - Feb 19 with 3769 viewsDamo1962

MW is now setting us up not to lose...which is understandable given the strikers. Failure to address this issue means the second half of the season, won't be as enjoyable as the first.
Login to get fewer ads

On train back on 18:58 - Feb 19 with 3620 viewsStanisgod

On train back on 18:27 - Feb 19 by Red_Ranger

I think Hendricks should be played in a much more attacking role.

needs to be a threat on goal.

Ditto.

On train back on 19:06 - Feb 19 with 3573 viewsStreathamRanger

I definitely don't think we were awful. Frustrating at times but we gave Hull very little. Seems like the disallowed goal should have been given although we got an offside one against WBA so I guess it evens things out a bit. Most important was stopping the rot. 3 losses on the bounce would have been devastating.
On train back on 19:09 - Feb 19 with 3547 viewstoboboly

On train back on 19:06 - Feb 19 by StreathamRanger

I definitely don't think we were awful. Frustrating at times but we gave Hull very little. Seems like the disallowed goal should have been given although we got an offside one against WBA so I guess it evens things out a bit. Most important was stopping the rot. 3 losses on the bounce would have been devastating.

Maybe, what is so disappointing is that this team is much better than the last fortnight has shown. They need to have a long hard look in the mirror before Wednesday.

Also can I check why when a Rangers player gets kicked we don't get the foul but a dubious one against Austin and they get the free kick?

On train back on 19:12 - Feb 19 with 3519 viewsStreathamRanger

Ref and linos seemed really poor today. You could see players frustrated with their decisions.
On train back on 20:29 - Feb 19 with 3198 viewsEsox_Lucius

Epitomised by that sh!tshow at the end where Dunne was protecting to let the ball run out for a corner and the muppet with the whistle gave a goal kick.
In real time Ingram's lunge at Albert looked a penalty but, as he was stretchered off, there was no chance the ref would give it.
R block need to stop taunting the linesman on their side, it's costing us decisions.

The grass is always greener.

On train back on 00:04 - Feb 20 with 2949 viewstoboboly

On train back on 20:29 - Feb 19 by Esox_Lucius

Epitomised by that sh!tshow at the end where Dunne was protecting to let the ball run out for a corner and the muppet with the whistle gave a goal kick.
In real time Ingram's lunge at Albert looked a penalty but, as he was stretchered off, there was no chance the ref would give it.
R block need to stop taunting the linesman on their side, it's costing us decisions.

Wasn't that Field? Either way it is surely a corner?

Talking of corners, another rant. Ingram assaults Albert and gets the benefit of a doubt after being cut in half, Barbet goes and takes the ball off Chair. Like I say above where is the on field nous? Barbet doesn't take corners, he takes shiiit free kicks, the keeper is on his debut, is a kid, it is cold, he is nervous, how/why the f ck is Barbet allowed to take a corner in that instance (or any instance) and he hits the first mans boot.

It's just stupid.

On train back on 00:28 - Feb 20 with 2877 viewsAntti_Heinola

On train back on 00:04 - Feb 20 by toboboly

Wasn't that Field? Either way it is surely a corner?

Talking of corners, another rant. Ingram assaults Albert and gets the benefit of a doubt after being cut in half, Barbet goes and takes the ball off Chair. Like I say above where is the on field nous? Barbet doesn't take corners, he takes shiiit free kicks, the keeper is on his debut, is a kid, it is cold, he is nervous, how/why the f ck is Barbet allowed to take a corner in that instance (or any instance) and he hits the first mans boot.

It's just stupid.

was an awful corner and he did the same v Boro. BUT, logic was he is left footed and as you say, v inexperienced keeper, so wanted an inswinger under the bar. Not sure anyone else in the side if Stef or Dozzell aren't there is a natural left-footer?

Bare bones.

On train back on 00:31 - Feb 20 with 2853 viewstoboboly

On train back on 00:28 - Feb 20 by Antti_Heinola

was an awful corner and he did the same v Boro. BUT, logic was he is left footed and as you say, v inexperienced keeper, so wanted an inswinger under the bar. Not sure anyone else in the side if Stef or Dozzell aren't there is a natural left-footer?

Mate, the way he hit it i'd rather a paraplegic.

In all seriousness it doesnt matter you need your best corner taker to do it. It was like Barton at his best. We even joked 10 mins before that he needed to bugger off. He didn't, we rolled our eyes.

On train back on 00:34 - Feb 20 with 2843 viewsessextaxiboy

On train back on 18:15 - Feb 19 by traininvain

Can you explain the logic behind playing Willock at LWB ?

I just cannot see how our most dangerous player especially when we turn over possession is best used having to drop so deep in defence.

"Moses looked ok against Millwall " ...exactly
On train back on 01:52 - Feb 20 with 2747 viewsSouthend_Rss

Was pleased for Moses to get his assist. It was a perfect cross that was pinpoint for our goal. More of that is needed from him as I do believe with confidence there is a good player there. I thought we played well enough when we played with a bit more tempo. Hull filled the gaps between the lines quite well, especially at times in the middle when we were using the channels, they made it tough for us to break them down and we had to be patient, although frustrating it was recycling the ball. we could have had them as we had a couple of suss decisions go against us from the officials.

A draw has stopped that rut though, we’re still in the playoff mixer. Especially when you look at WBA, Another loss and slipped to 11th in the league now and 4 points off the playoffs. We just need to keep getting behind the lads and grinding out those points. That’s my opinion anyway.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2022 2:03]
On train back on 08:09 - Feb 20 with 2530 viewseghamranger

On train back on 18:39 - Feb 19 by Damo1962

MW is now setting us up not to lose...which is understandable given the strikers. Failure to address this issue means the second half of the season, won't be as enjoyable as the first.

Think you’ve hit the nail on the head there.

We lost a couple but not slipping down the table, chair is now getting match fit and scored yesterday. Dykes obviously has a issue and Charlie isn’t what he used to be.

But we aren’t slipping down the table like West Brom, sacking managers and buying Andy Carroll
On train back on 08:37 - Feb 20 with 2445 viewsBAWHoops

I just find it hard to get too upset with this team.

What we are doing is the equivalent of Brighton sitting 3rd in the Prem.

The money spent and wages paid mean we have absolutely no right to be where we are, but look at us. Sitting in 4th with 2 geriatric wingbacks, a collection of green midfielders guided by a elder statesman deemed not good enough for Fulham and WBA plus an absolute motley crew of strikers (a chubby club legend, a scotstralian and a bloke married to a pop star).

On paper the only ones good enough for the play offs are the two number 10's and the keeper.

I'm absolutely loving this season. Love watching us play. Love Albert (even when he is awful). Love watching Chair and Willock combine. Love seeing Austin go round the block one last time. Love watching Field, Amos, Dozell develop. Love when our centre backs go on a mazy dribble. Love our Irish nutcase at the back.

We all know that this squad isn't good enough to go up, it's barely good enough for the top half but we are sitting in 4th and competing and making the fans proud.

A kid with a brain tumor came on the pitch at half time and shouter YOU R'S!! down the microphone. Our strikers wives are intrinsically involved in raising money for her treatment.
This is the QPR I want, this is the QPR I love.
I don't need us to go up, I don't need us to make the Play Offs, I don't need us to beat Blackpool on Wednesday. I'm more than satisfied with what we've got and achieved. Anything now is a bonus this season.

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

On train back on 08:48 - Feb 20 with 2408 viewsStreathamRanger

Great post BAWhoops
On train back on 10:24 - Feb 20 with 2246 viewsQPunkR

I'm glad yesterday showed Amos isn't actually the second coming of Christ as some had painted him as recently. He's one of those players who got exponentially better the less he's played.

I completely forgot he was on the pitch and was surprised both times the commentary guys mentioned him

QPR - "shit but local"

On train back on 10:53 - Feb 20 with 2212 views1JD

On train back on 08:37 - Feb 20 by BAWHoops

I just find it hard to get too upset with this team.

What we are doing is the equivalent of Brighton sitting 3rd in the Prem.

The money spent and wages paid mean we have absolutely no right to be where we are, but look at us. Sitting in 4th with 2 geriatric wingbacks, a collection of green midfielders guided by a elder statesman deemed not good enough for Fulham and WBA plus an absolute motley crew of strikers (a chubby club legend, a scotstralian and a bloke married to a pop star).

On paper the only ones good enough for the play offs are the two number 10's and the keeper.

I'm absolutely loving this season. Love watching us play. Love Albert (even when he is awful). Love watching Chair and Willock combine. Love seeing Austin go round the block one last time. Love watching Field, Amos, Dozell develop. Love when our centre backs go on a mazy dribble. Love our Irish nutcase at the back.

We all know that this squad isn't good enough to go up, it's barely good enough for the top half but we are sitting in 4th and competing and making the fans proud.

A kid with a brain tumor came on the pitch at half time and shouter YOU R'S!! down the microphone. Our strikers wives are intrinsically involved in raising money for her treatment.
This is the QPR I want, this is the QPR I love.
I don't need us to go up, I don't need us to make the Play Offs, I don't need us to beat Blackpool on Wednesday. I'm more than satisfied with what we've got and achieved. Anything now is a bonus this season.

Sorry, but this is just defeatist. You seem easily pleased. Apart from the little girl, which is absolutely tragic, I disagree with everything you wrote.

I do believe this team is good enough, I do want to finish in the play offs, I do want get promoted. We’ve been in the top 6 for most of the season. To finish outside would be a huge disappointment with not long to go. As for “achievement”, we’ve achieved absolutely nothing in football terms- and that is why we are here. We play to win. This is a professional sport. Both the squad and Warburton have a stated objective of promotion. The owners are footing a 1.5m+ loss every month. We need to get back to the prem soon, if only to go back up, come back down, and bank 150m in cash.

The wage bill was 4m up on the year before last season. A not insignificant amount. And it will be up even more this one. That will push us up from mid-table payers, to nearer top 10.

As for being happy watching Austin run round the block one last time. Sorry but his performances have become borderline embarrassing. As most likely our highest paid player, frankly it’s not acceptable. Incredibly, we, or rather the owners, have to pay him for all of next season as well.

Chair, Willock, Dieng our only top 6 players? You are having a laugh! We’ve been top 6 virtually all season. They are more like premier league players, if anything. What about Dickie, Dunne, Field, Albert, Johansen, Hendrick, etc. Our squad is littered with top 6 championship players.
On train back on 11:43 - Feb 20 with 2100 viewspaulparker

On train back on 10:53 - Feb 20 by 1JD

Sorry, but this is just defeatist. You seem easily pleased. Apart from the little girl, which is absolutely tragic, I disagree with everything you wrote.

I do believe this team is good enough, I do want to finish in the play offs, I do want get promoted. We’ve been in the top 6 for most of the season. To finish outside would be a huge disappointment with not long to go. As for “achievement”, we’ve achieved absolutely nothing in football terms- and that is why we are here. We play to win. This is a professional sport. Both the squad and Warburton have a stated objective of promotion. The owners are footing a 1.5m+ loss every month. We need to get back to the prem soon, if only to go back up, come back down, and bank 150m in cash.

The wage bill was 4m up on the year before last season. A not insignificant amount. And it will be up even more this one. That will push us up from mid-table payers, to nearer top 10.

As for being happy watching Austin run round the block one last time. Sorry but his performances have become borderline embarrassing. As most likely our highest paid player, frankly it’s not acceptable. Incredibly, we, or rather the owners, have to pay him for all of next season as well.

Chair, Willock, Dieng our only top 6 players? You are having a laugh! We’ve been top 6 virtually all season. They are more like premier league players, if anything. What about Dickie, Dunne, Field, Albert, Johansen, Hendrick, etc. Our squad is littered with top 6 championship players.

Very good post 1JD

I get we are not a forest, West Brom or Fulham and money bags Bournemouth and they should all be running away with it on paper
But nor are Huddersfield , Lurton or Blackburn , they don’t have a pot to p1ss in
Football is not only won on a balance sheet but on the pitch and we do have the players
Let’s not forget barbet , SJ, Hendricks, uncle , Austin , Gray are experienced pros at this level and teams like Huddersfield or Luton would love them in their squads

I’m not buying this plucky young QPR side and we should all happy clap them even if they are playing poorly , these last few weeks have been turgid to watch , and we have played some really , really poor teams in the last few games and got turned over or couldn’t break down

Over the last three years we have had

SJ
Austin
Eze
Chair
Willock
Hendricks
Hugill
BOS
Wells
Field
Gray
Manning

That’s some talent at this level , if the plan is to develop players and sell on year on year whilst being top 8 or 10 then Warburton is Taylor made for the club, if your looking at a promotion then I’m not so sure he is the man and I’ve said that from the off
Either way I’m happy to be proved wrong but I can’t see us in the play offs at the end of the season

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

On train back on 12:05 - Feb 20 with 2040 viewsWestbourneR

On train back on 11:43 - Feb 20 by paulparker

Very good post 1JD

I get we are not a forest, West Brom or Fulham and money bags Bournemouth and they should all be running away with it on paper
But nor are Huddersfield , Lurton or Blackburn , they don’t have a pot to p1ss in
Football is not only won on a balance sheet but on the pitch and we do have the players
Let’s not forget barbet , SJ, Hendricks, uncle , Austin , Gray are experienced pros at this level and teams like Huddersfield or Luton would love them in their squads

I’m not buying this plucky young QPR side and we should all happy clap them even if they are playing poorly , these last few weeks have been turgid to watch , and we have played some really , really poor teams in the last few games and got turned over or couldn’t break down

Over the last three years we have had

SJ
Austin
Eze
Chair
Willock
Hendricks
Hugill
BOS
Wells
Field
Gray
Manning

That’s some talent at this level , if the plan is to develop players and sell on year on year whilst being top 8 or 10 then Warburton is Taylor made for the club, if your looking at a promotion then I’m not so sure he is the man and I’ve said that from the off
Either way I’m happy to be proved wrong but I can’t see us in the play offs at the end of the season

How anyone can say Warburton isnt the right manager is beyond. He’s working miracles at the club and certainly not confined to the 90mins of the game. He’s turned us into a professional aspirational football club with a long term strategy.

Yes there are better tactical or motivational managers but they’re certainly not managing in the Championship.

And for the whole, package which is what our club has sorely needed for a long time, he’s exceptionally good.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024