Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans last night 08:52 - Apr 6 with 2804 viewsMyke

I meant to do this last night and I got distracted . I want to say that I thought all of you that travelled last night were absolutely fantastic. Considering the crap weather, the distance, the slop we are currently serving up, you were in fine voice anytime we even got a semblance of an attack going or won a corner. You could all be clearly heard over the near 30,000 natives who seem to be sitting there in nervous silence (which I get in a way as they had more to lose than we did once they took the lead).
The team should hang it's head in shame to let down that level of loyal support. Never mind the result, never mind that the play-offs are now a distant memory, first and foremost they are in the entertainment business, and in that context alone they were abysmal. Congratulations one and all and hope you all got safely home.
Fans last night on 09:02 - Apr 6 with 2712 viewsWokingR

Well said Myke
Fans last night on 09:07 - Apr 6 with 2662 viewsNorthernr

Generally the mood around us was stoic and resigned. Spoke to a mate who moved up towards us at half time because somebody near them first half had been losing it and screaming at Dunne that he was a cnt, but overall the mood was not bad considering.
Fans last night on 09:12 - Apr 6 with 2618 viewsdaveB

I don't agree about players hanging heads in shame. Lets face it a lot of fans gave up back in February and have been rejoicing for a month that its gone wrong but the players have kept trying even though many of them are not playing well.
Fans last night on 09:13 - Apr 6 with 2608 viewsDTIG

Personally...I think they're all mental.
Fans last night on 10:14 - Apr 6 with 2357 viewsQPR_John

Fans last night on 09:12 - Apr 6 by daveB

I don't agree about players hanging heads in shame. Lets face it a lot of fans gave up back in February and have been rejoicing for a month that its gone wrong but the players have kept trying even though many of them are not playing well.

“ Lets face it a lot of fans gave up back in February and have been rejoicing for a month that its gone wrong ”

Really. People may be rejoicing but they are hardly fans.
Fans last night on 10:21 - Apr 6 with 2317 viewsJames_Paddocks

Thought it was very quiet compared to some of the away ends we've served up this season. Almost quite a relaxing atmosphere?

However, the walk back to the car in the rain at full time was extremely bleak.

Roll on Preston on Saturday
Fans last night on 10:22 - Apr 6 with 2306 viewsjohnhoop

Fans last night on 10:14 - Apr 6 by QPR_John

“ Lets face it a lot of fans gave up back in February and have been rejoicing for a month that its gone wrong ”

Really. People may be rejoicing but they are hardly fans.

Well the last game I was able to get to was Peterborough and I’m b-ggered if I’m taking any responsibility for the second half disintegration in that one.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2022 10:25]
Fans last night on 10:23 - Apr 6 with 2297 viewsDamo1962

Fans last night on 10:21 - Apr 6 by James_Paddocks

Thought it was very quiet compared to some of the away ends we've served up this season. Almost quite a relaxing atmosphere?

Hat's off to them all.
Login to get fewer ads

Fans last night on 10:23 - Apr 6 with 2292 viewsLblock

You really don't like other QPR fans do you?

I personally think we are amongst the finest in the land.
Seems plenty on this forum love to actively dig out our support - from my remote position this season I was expecting to return to find a mob of coke sniffing, arrogant, lager fuelled, self entitled violent tossers who thought the club was the worst in the world.
Seems I was wrong on Saturday as none such cartoon characters appeared.

As a general rule our fans are no mugs, but they know when they are being mugged off.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Fans last night on 10:27 - Apr 6 with 2267 viewsdaveB

Fans last night on 10:23 - Apr 6 by Lblock

You really don't like other QPR fans do you?

I personally think we are amongst the finest in the land.
Seems plenty on this forum love to actively dig out our support - from my remote position this season I was expecting to return to find a mob of coke sniffing, arrogant, lager fuelled, self entitled violent tossers who thought the club was the worst in the world.
Seems I was wrong on Saturday as none such cartoon characters appeared.

As a general rule our fans are no mugs, but they know when they are being mugged off.

Not sure how you came to the conclusion I don't like any other fans but fair enough.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2022 10:28]
Fans last night on 10:27 - Apr 6 with 2266 viewsthemodfather

good turn out and could be heard on tv many times.....our fan base is excellent.
Fans last night on 10:30 - Apr 6 with 2242 viewsPaddyhoops

Magnificent as usual. Don't get to many away games but fair play to each and everyone who travelled last night.
It can't be easy when you know it's a lost cause.
I'm constantly amazed at the loyalty shown by these people. Take a bow!!👏
Fans last night on 10:35 - Apr 6 with 2193 viewsEastR

Really? For sweeping generalisations and wide of the mark comments that takes some beating

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Fans last night on 13:59 - Apr 6 with 1911 viewsDamo1962

Trying is the least they should be doing. They look like they have given up on the play-offs though. Hard for some supporters not to do the same.
Fans last night on 14:20 - Apr 6 with 1840 viewsozranger

Fans last night on 10:21 - Apr 6 by James_Paddocks

Just got back home.

It is strange. I had that feeling as well. If there was a lot of noise from the tele version then they must have had the mic's up close and those singing must have been at the other end. There were many times where it was very quiet and yet others when there was a good amount of singing. Nothing like some of the games early in the season, though.
Fans last night on 14:24 - Apr 6 with 1824 viewsdaveB

Fans last night on 13:59 - Apr 6 by Damo1962

Trying is the least they should be doing. They look like they have given up on the play-offs though. Hard for some supporters not to do the same.

I don't think the players have given up on it but they are lacking the quality to make it happen. A lot of fans gave up after Millwall and to be fair to them they've been proved right but i've found some of the white flag waving from some fans in the last 2 months a bit weird.
Fans last night on 14:36 - Apr 6 with 1775 viewsLblock

Fans last night on 10:27 - Apr 6 by daveB

Not sure how you came to the conclusion I don't like any other fans but fair enough.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2022 10:28]

Because you and a good few others are constantly slagging off our support.

I don't get it.

Fans last night on 14:49 - Apr 6 with 1721 viewsdaveB

Fans last night on 14:36 - Apr 6 by Lblock

I don't get it.

I'm not slagging anyone off, really not sure what your talking about?
Fans last night on 17:01 - Apr 6 with 1503 viewsRangersw12

Fans last night on 14:36 - Apr 6 by Lblock

I don't get it.

He's right about people on here giving up on the play offs in Feb.

I haven't seen anyone slag of our support though as it's been fantastic home and away and probably the best it's been for a good few years
Fans last night on 17:53 - Apr 6 with 1345 viewsLblock

Fans last night on 17:01 - Apr 6 by Rangersw12

He's right about people on here giving up on the play offs in Feb.

I haven't seen anyone slag of our support though as it's been fantastic home and away and probably the best it's been for a good few years

"and have been rejoicing for a month that its gone wrong"????????

Really?

I've always been an Aussie Soap supporter - this year not so much for a few reasons. I just don't recognize the rhetoric I constantly see on here that our fans are a bunch of coked up, boozed up, aggressive loons.
Yes I've seen women unfortunately get hit by a full plastic bottle stupidly thrown and thought "FFS" but that shouldn't give people cart blanche to dig out swathes of our support.
Our fans ARE nutters!!!....... I mean home contingent of say 12,600 yet around 1,000 on the road last night to get behind the team.
Commendable

Fans last night on 18:00 - Apr 6 with 1314 viewsNorthernr

Fans last night on 17:53 - Apr 6 by Lblock

Really?

I've always been an Aussie Soap supporter - this year not so much for a few reasons. I just don't recognize the rhetoric I constantly see on here that our fans are a bunch of coked up, boozed up, aggressive loons.
Yes I've seen women unfortunately get hit by a full plastic bottle stupidly thrown and thought "FFS" but that shouldn't give people cart blanche to dig out swathes of our support.
Our fans ARE nutters!!!....... I mean home contingent of say 12,600 yet around 1,000 on the road last night to get behind the team.
Commendable

From my POV it's been the thousand nutters you refer to who are going to go to every game regardless (who I count myself among) wondering exactly who and where this new small minority who want to do drugs, chuck stuff, and headbutt people on peterborough high street have come from.

That's how I feel anyway, 98% of our support are good as gold, long suffering, and deserve a lot better than last night. There have been some fantastic days this year - Coventry, Bristol City - and then there have been the trips to Peterborough, or that New Year trip to Birmingham where all the faces you've seen at QPR a thousand times before sat and had a quiet pint, looking rather bemused out of the window while a load of spotty virgins in Stone Island gear who you've never seen at Rangers before in your life until this year lined up against their Birmingham equivalent and had a weird fight filmed on their phones scattering the Boxing Day sales shoppers. And that's new post pandemic, certainly at QPR in my experience.
Fans last night on 18:00 - Apr 6 with 1313 viewsdaveB

Fans last night on 17:53 - Apr 6 by Lblock

Really?

Commendable

have a look on social media mate, plenty on there been loving it for a few months now, said nothing until February and now can't wait to say how they knew it was all going to be crap in the end. A few on here as well reveling in it going wrong

I don't think I suggested that it was thousands of people or every fan but if it came across that way apologies as that was not intended
Fans last night on 18:45 - Apr 6 with 1200 viewsngbqpr

My daughter made a late decision to join us last night. Spent the journey telling her how this one ticked every "only for the diehards" box and not to expect much of a turnout. Only when we got there and saw double the numbers I'd envisaged did it dawn on me that most of us had bought our tickets for a December Saturday when things were looking a lot rosier.

So surprisingly good numbers. But where we were (far left) a handful of ultra negative supporters digging out anyone and everyone left a sour taste (what good does a random, audible shout of "Westwood, you're fking $hit" do for our emergency keeper, as if he wasn't getting enough stick for his Wednesday connections).

Very little 'whole end' singing either (bar for a few corners near the end) - little pockets trying to get things going then giving up due to lack of response.

I thought the players tried, but confidence looked shot. All (incl Warbs) came over at the end to show genuine appreciation, no skulking off the pitch.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Fans last night on 19:22 - Apr 6 with 1121 viewsStanisgod

Fans last night on 18:45 - Apr 6 by ngbqpr

My daughter made a late decision to join us last night. Spent the journey telling her how this one ticked every "only for the diehards" box and not to expect much of a turnout. Only when we got there and saw double the numbers I'd envisaged did it dawn on me that most of us had bought our tickets for a December Saturday when things were looking a lot rosier.

So surprisingly good numbers. But where we were (far left) a handful of ultra negative supporters digging out anyone and everyone left a sour taste (what good does a random, audible shout of "Westwood, you're fking $hit" do for our emergency keeper, as if he wasn't getting enough stick for his Wednesday connections).

Very little 'whole end' singing either (bar for a few corners near the end) - little pockets trying to get things going then giving up due to lack of response.

I thought the players tried, but confidence looked shot. All (incl Warbs) came over at the end to show genuine appreciation, no skulking off the pitch.

And a lot of them bent over, hands on knees at the final whistle, not the look of players not bothered.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024