Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If next manager fails - Hoos and Les out 06:40 - May 7 with 1988 viewsnumptydumpty

Big risk but think Les and Lee's heads must roll if we go backwards after this

Love to be proved wrong but they will have to take responsibility

[Post edited 7 May 2022 6:41]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

If next manager fails - Hoos and Les out on 07:03 - May 7 with 1907 viewsHastings_Hoops

Not sure that we can define Warburton’s tenure as a ‘failure’ - on balance there was a significant net improvement given the objective to develop talent (Chair, Willock, Dieng, Dickie, Amos, Dunne) while slashing the budget season-on-season.

Doesn’t matter how you dice it, over the last three seasons in which it appears that Les and Hoos have been able to run the ship ‘relatively’ unfettered; the finances have vastly improved while the output on the pitch is better and we have some assets that we can sell.

When you’re turning the titanic, it takes most energy to actually turn before you can steam off in the right direction.

People may point to Luton and ask why they have improved so much quicker - truth is that they have had plenty of time to turn their club around in the conference and they are actually on their upward trajectory having even more painfully cleaned house.
[Post edited 7 May 2022 7:05]
If next manager fails - Hoos and Les out on 07:27 - May 7 with 1862 viewsnumptydumpty

If next manager fails - Hoos and Les out on 07:03 - May 7 by Hastings_Hoops

Not sure that we can define Warburton’s tenure as a ‘failure’ - on balance there was a significant net improvement given the objective to develop talent (Chair, Willock, Dieng, Dickie, Amos, Dunne) while slashing the budget season-on-season.

Doesn’t matter how you dice it, over the last three seasons in which it appears that Les and Hoos have been able to run the ship ‘relatively’ unfettered; the finances have vastly improved while the output on the pitch is better and we have some assets that we can sell.

When you’re turning the titanic, it takes most energy to actually turn before you can steam off in the right direction.

People may point to Luton and ask why they have improved so much quicker - truth is that they have had plenty of time to turn their club around in the conference and they are actually on their upward trajectory having even more painfully cleaned house.
[Post edited 7 May 2022 7:05]

OK agree

But they got rid of manager that has achieved this, so your point is ???

Think it's a massive risk and if it goes wrong, it's on them. Ie my point was Warburton has been a success.

IMO we been heading in right decision!!!
[Post edited 7 May 2022 7:29]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

If next manager fails - Hoos and Les out on 07:44 - May 7 with 1814 viewsbosh67

I don’t agree with Warburton being moved on and I don’t like the way Hoos and Les treat some situations but both have worked hard to stabilise the club, which they’ve done well till now. Problem is I think we’re broke and that’s just down to the world economy, the ground not being good enough to do anything with and not that many sellable assets. The academy site is possibly our only saviour and I can see us only surviving in this league or league 1 by producing kids, playing the kids and selling them on. I think Charlie has gone because they’ll bring the wage cap right down and it will be years before we can bring in senior experienced players again. So perhaps like it or not Hoos and Les have no other way to go?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

If next manager fails - Hoos and Les out on 08:13 - May 7 with 1719 viewsstevec

Not so sure whether Hoos should be on the line but I am beginning to wonder if it’s time to bring together the dream team of Les, Sherwood, Ramsey and Hall for their one last big throw of the dice.

I sense it might all go a bit Reservoir Dogs but perhaps it’s time to find out once and for all.
If next manager fails - Hoos and Les out on 08:48 - May 7 with 1665 viewsTonto

If next manager fails - Hoos and Les out on 08:13 - May 7 by stevec

Not so sure whether Hoos should be on the line but I am beginning to wonder if it’s time to bring together the dream team of Les, Sherwood, Ramsey and Hall for their one last big throw of the dice.

I sense it might all go a bit Reservoir Dogs but perhaps it’s time to find out once and for all.

Define "failure".

Is staying in the Championship failure?

Is being mid table in the Championship failure?

Is anything other than promotion failure?

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

If next manager fails - Hoos and Les out on 09:18 - May 7 with 1614 viewshertshoops

If next manager fails - Hoos and Les out on 08:48 - May 7 by Tonto

Define "failure".

Depends whether from a fans or the board's point of view

I'm happy watching good football, bringing through kids with something to prove, and staying in the Championship, if it all clicks and we get a chance at playoffs then great

The Board need promotion
If next manager fails - Hoos and Les out on 09:33 - May 7 with 1582 viewsstevec

If next manager fails - Hoos and Les out on 08:48 - May 7 by Tonto

Define "failure".

Sorry, where did I mention failure?

Was just putting it out there that the Fab Four should be given their chance to show us what we’ve been missing. Either way, It’ll be a blast.
If next manager fails - Hoos and Les out on 09:46 - May 7 with 1543 viewsDamo1962

If next manager fails - Hoos and Les out on 09:18 - May 7 by hertshoops

Depends whether from a fans or the board's point of view

I'm happy watching good football, bringing through kids with something to prove, and staying in the Championship, if it all clicks and we get a chance at playoffs then great

The Board need promotion

A winning team is more important in our position. We don't have the luxury of being good to watch...but losing more than we win/draw. It would also make us more attractive to potential investment, which we desperately need.Then there is the feel good factor amongst supporters, which shouldn't be underestimated. We need a bit of reality and pragmatism if we want to see our club flourish once again. The alternative is just mediocrity and decline.
Login to get fewer ads

If next manager fails - Hoos and Les out on 17:44 - May 7 with 1357 viewsTonto

If next manager fails - Hoos and Les out on 09:33 - May 7 by stevec

Sorry, where did I mention failure?

Was just putting it out there that the Fab Four should be given their chance to show us what we’ve been missing. Either way, It’ll be a blast.

I didnt mran to put your comment in quotes. Therefore I wasn't speaking directly to you. I was speaking to the OP. This is how message boards work.
[Post edited 8 May 2022 17:09]

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

If next manager fails - Hoos and Les out on 18:15 - May 7 with 1274 viewsfrancisbowles

I think Lee Hoos has done an excellent job on the financial side. He is not a football manager and I would imagine his only input is advising how much we can afford to budget for players and staff.

Les is more a football type and therefore is accountable for what is happening on the playing side at all levels.

However, I expect them both to move on in the next few years as they have both been in situ for quite a few years.
If next manager fails - Hoos and Les out on 18:38 - May 7 with 1212 viewsdigswellhoop

They should be gone now
If next manager fails - Hoos and Les out on 18:49 - May 7 with 1198 viewscolinallcars

If the Rangers made a record, it'd go straight to number 1 in the Hurt Parade.
If next manager fails - Hoos and Les out on 19:23 - May 7 with 1138 viewsWegerles_Stairs

If next manager fails - Hoos and Les out on 08:13 - May 7 by stevec

It's clear that the disconnect between the multiple layers of management we have cost us a play-off spot, which is unforgivable. If Les and co. think all we need to do is play youngsters, then I'm with you - let them do it their way and let's see where we are come December.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024