Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When Stan Bowles got sent off against Boro 22:42 - Jun 21 with 2313 viewsqprxtc

In November 1976, he was the first Rangers player to be sent off

For 15 YEARS. FIFTEEN YEARS.

We could have travelled to Mars and back in that time.

Progress, it’s a backwards step🙀
When Stan Bowles got sent off against Boro on 23:01 - Jun 21 with 2244 viewsHAYESBOY

Wonder what the odds were..........

Smells like a trout farm in here

When Stan Bowles got sent off against Boro on 00:59 - Jun 22 with 2111 viewsTomS

In those days you had to do something extraordinary to get a yellow, never mind a red. Now you get a yellow for a barely mistimed tackle. It's all health and safety in the workplace, innit.
When Stan Bowles got sent off against Boro on 02:10 - Jun 22 with 2062 viewsBoston

But on happier notes...

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

When Stan Bowles got sent off against Boro on 10:11 - Jun 22 with 1787 viewsterryb

I'm not sure where xtc got this infomation from.

I can't remember many sending offs in the nine seasons that I'd been watching Rangers before Stan Bowles , but I certainly saw Bob Finch sent off in the '68-69 season.

First division Rangers were leading 1-0 away to fourth division Peterborough at the time & went on to lose 4-1 in the League Cup.
When Stan Bowles got sent off against Boro on 10:39 - Jun 22 with 1746 viewsE15Hoop

When Stan Bowles got sent off against Boro on 10:11 - Jun 22 by terryb

I can't remember many sending offs in the nine seasons that I'd been watching Rangers before Stan Bowles , but I certainly saw Bob Finch sent off in the '68-69 season.

First division Rangers were leading 1-0 away to fourth division Peterborough at the time & went on to lose 4-1 in the League Cup.

QPR losing to Peterborough?? That would never happen now!

...Oops
When Stan Bowles got sent off against Boro on 10:55 - Jun 22 with 1708 viewsDannyPaddox

When Stan Bowles got sent off against Boro on 10:11 - Jun 22 by terryb

Maybe Stan’s sending off was the first one in the league for 15 years.

btw: XTC claims to get his information direct from Derek Buxton via a oujia board.
When Stan Bowles got sent off against Boro on 12:03 - Jun 22 with 1636 viewsthemodfather

well today no player has a nickname like "chopper" or "bite yer ankles"
When Stan Bowles got sent off against Boro on 17:24 - Jun 22 with 1486 viewsessextaxiboy

When Stan Bowles got sent off against Boro on 12:03 - Jun 22 by themodfather

well today no player has a nickname like "chopper" or "bite yer ankles"

Every team had one then Pejic,Storey,Smith ,Bonds,Harris, Bremner, ..all in the team to kick players like Stan
Login to get fewer ads

When Stan Bowles got sent off against Boro on 17:31 - Jun 22 with 1474 viewsterryb

When Stan Bowles got sent off against Boro on 17:24 - Jun 22 by essextaxiboy

Every team had one then Pejic,Storey,Smith ,Bonds,Harris, Bremner, ..all in the team to kick players like Stan

And so did we!

"Killer" Keetch.
When Stan Bowles got sent off against Boro on 19:52 - Jun 22 with 1367 viewsLazyFan

When Stan Bowles got sent off against Boro on 00:59 - Jun 22 by TomS

In those days you had to do something extraordinary to get a yellow, never mind a red. Now you get a yellow for a barely mistimed tackle. It's all health and safety in the workplace, innit.

Tackle? Tackle?

Luxury! Luxury!

Stones got sent off by ref for the Hungary player smashing his own head on Stones passive arm from behind.

Tackle indeed!

zzzzzzzzzz

When Stan Bowles got sent off against Boro on 21:00 - Jun 22 with 1303 viewsTomS

When Stan Bowles got sent off against Boro on 02:10 - Jun 22 by Boston

But on happier notes...

It was performances like that which led me to supporting the Rs at an impressionable age. Wonderful.
When Stan Bowles got sent off against Boro on 01:38 - Jun 23 with 1190 viewsBoston

When Stan Bowles got sent off against Boro on 00:59 - Jun 22 by TomS

The reason why a b@rstard like Souness isn't in jail.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024