Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lower loft Standing room only. 23:20 - Aug 30 with 2559 viewsPaddyhoops

As a resident of N block for many years I was wondering how our new standing regime was going to go. I needn’t have worried. The atmosphere was superb tonight . A far cry from the half empty games of midweek in previous years.
A superb performance has helped but have to say I’m loving it.
One last thing … can we have a goal our end??
Lower loft Standing room only. on 23:24 - Aug 30 with 2497 viewsStreathamRanger

It was brilliant in there tonight. Helped by the performance but all round I loved it. Will definitely be standing again.
Lower loft Standing room only. on 23:44 - Aug 30 with 2425 viewsstowmarketrange

After the 7 mile walk from Liverpool st today I was looking forward to a bit of a sit down tonight,but no chance of that happening after we blew them away in the 1st half.
It certainly seems to make a difference when people are standing for the whole game.
Lower loft Standing room only. on 07:35 - Aug 31 with 2174 viewsSharpediver

Yes it's great in there isn't it? Used to sit/stand at back of SAR but this is my new pew now!
Lower loft Standing room only. on 08:14 - Aug 31 with 2070 viewsStevenageRanger

Our family (3 generations) have sat where Safe Standing is now for years. I was happy to move as could not believe that originally it was planned for the other side however with all the 'noise' about people wanting safe standing, suprised that its not full. Still looks like lots of empty seats at the fornt down the near the corner flag.

Overall though the Lower Loft looks a lot better, we have moved to other side of goal and that is pretty solid ebverywhere.

Does anyone know how many STs were sold in new SS section? I could look at next home game when they first go on sale and see what is left but will forget!!
Lower loft Standing room only. on 09:16 - Aug 31 with 1886 viewsdaveB

was surprised how empty it looked in the safe standing area at the start of the game but seemed to fill up a bit as game went on. SA Road looked very empty as well.

Hopefully it gets better as the season goes on and proves to be a sucsess, ultimatley the prices are going to have a big imapact on how welel it goes, hopefully they will do offers for a few of the saturday home games coming up to get all of the lower loft full
Lower loft Standing room only. on 09:17 - Aug 31 with 1886 viewsrobith

I couldn't make it last night (grr) but I moved over from the Paddocks, and personally I'm loving it. Good atmosphere, actually quite roomy, and it's getting better each game
Lower loft Standing room only. on 09:34 - Aug 31 with 1813 viewsStreathamRanger

Lower loft Standing room only. on 09:16 - Aug 31 by daveB

was surprised how empty it looked in the safe standing area at the start of the game but seemed to fill up a bit as game went on. SA Road looked very empty as well.

Hopefully it gets better as the season goes on and proves to be a sucsess, ultimatley the prices are going to have a big imapact on how welel it goes, hopefully they will do offers for a few of the saturday home games coming up to get all of the lower loft full

It's early days. The more people enjoy the atmosphere in there, the more demand will grow. Front rows of the lower loft are always the last seats to sell as they're not undercover. I thought it was an odd idea to make half the loft standing and half family stand but having sat in the family area and in the standing area, it definitely works. Long term, the club should look at making the lower loft standing throughput and move the family stand somewhere else, maybe lower school end if that still leaves enough allocation for away fans.
Lower loft Standing room only. on 09:37 - Aug 31 with 1794 viewsJames_Paddocks

First time in there last night with my two young boys (8 & 12). We absolutely loved it. There's a real buzz in there, with a cracking atmosphere. I think it'll only go from strength to strength. I'm ringing the box office this morning to get our Paddocks season tickets permanently moved.

Well done to everyone involved in getting it up and running.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2022 10:29]
Login to get fewer ads

Lower loft Standing room only. on 09:39 - Aug 31 with 1771 viewsStreathamRanger

Lower loft Standing room only. on 09:37 - Aug 31 by James_Paddocks

First time in there last night with my two young boys (8 & 12). We absolutely loved it. There's a real buzz in there, with a cracking atmosphere. I think it'll only go from strength to strength. I'm ringing the box office this morning to get our Paddocks season tickets permanently moved.

Well done to everyone involved in getting it up and running.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2022 10:29]

How was it for the kids in terms of being able to see everything? My son is 10, average height, I'd love to take him in there but worried he might not be able to see the game.
Lower loft Standing room only. on 09:43 - Aug 31 with 1749 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Lower loft Standing room only. on 09:16 - Aug 31 by daveB

Midweek games in general have been less well attended last couple of seasons and it’s still August so some people will be away. I know a few people near me were on holiday.

With the lower loft safe standing the section towards the back of NL always looks the busiest and the part at the front of PL quite empty. I do wonder if there’s some migration which might explain this? People buying tickets for the corner but standing elsewhere.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Lower loft Standing room only. on 09:56 - Aug 31 with 1697 viewsJames_Paddocks

Lower loft Standing room only. on 09:39 - Aug 31 by StreathamRanger

How was it for the kids in terms of being able to see everything? My son is 10, average height, I'd love to take him in there but worried he might not be able to see the game.

My eldest was fine. My 8 year old spent the entire match stood on the metal seat (lots of littleuns doing the same), which meant his view was perfect and he was level in height with me.

Although, both my two are seasoned away dayers, so they're very accustomed to standing on seats, and shuffling about to get a good view etc

What I would say is that there's plenty of space to move about once the match has started, as it's nowhere near full.
Lower loft Standing room only. on 10:00 - Aug 31 with 1682 viewsStreathamRanger

Lower loft Standing room only. on 09:56 - Aug 31 by James_Paddocks

My eldest was fine. My 8 year old spent the entire match stood on the metal seat (lots of littleuns doing the same), which meant his view was perfect and he was level in height with me.

Although, both my two are seasoned away dayers, so they're very accustomed to standing on seats, and shuffling about to get a good view etc

What I would say is that there's plenty of space to move about once the match has started, as it's nowhere near full.

Thanks. There were quite a few kids in there last night. Highlight was when one young lad lead the Captain Jack chant then got a standing ovation from the crowd. What a ment for him.
Lower loft Standing room only. on 10:48 - Aug 31 with 1580 viewsPaddyhoops

Lower loft Standing room only. on 10:00 - Aug 31 by StreathamRanger

Thanks. There were quite a few kids in there last night. Highlight was when one young lad lead the Captain Jack chant then got a standing ovation from the crowd. What a ment for him.

That was brilliant. One of the moments of the game and something the young kid will never forget!!
Lower loft Standing room only. on 16:20 - Aug 31 with 1265 viewsdaveB

Lower loft Standing room only. on 09:43 - Aug 31 by CliveWilsonSaid

Midweek games in general have been less well attended last couple of seasons and it’s still August so some people will be away. I know a few people near me were on holiday.

With the lower loft safe standing the section towards the back of NL always looks the busiest and the part at the front of PL quite empty. I do wonder if there’s some migration which might explain this? People buying tickets for the corner but standing elsewhere.

yeah wasn't meant as a criticism, think it's something club need to look at, plenty of people i sit with have given up on midweek games as they can't get home afterwards till past midnight and need to be up for work early the next day

I think it will get a lot better as the season goes on, thought it was very quiet the first 2 games but performance didn't help, watched on a stream last night and sounded much noisier
Lower loft Standing room only. on 19:09 - Aug 31 with 1040 viewsLeedsR

Got to experience the safe standing in R block last night and it was brilliant. Have to say that from that vantage point, it was really good to see the lower loft properly bouncing about and creating a lot of great atmosphere. I think the safe standing really adds to the atmosphere. (Obviously helped that we were playing really well mind!!)
Lower loft Standing room only. on 08:40 - Sep 1 with 796 viewsToast_R

It looks great, surely more clubs will follow suit soon enough. On the matches my young son can't make, I'll be trying to buy tickets for it for me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024