Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Youth of today 12:15 - Aug 22 with 3378 viewsderbyhoop

U18s beat Brum 2-1 on Sat.
Just seen U21 side away to Burnley. Very strong on paper.
After last season's miserable performances, I wonder if Heston is starting to deliver already.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

The Youth of today on 12:52 - Aug 22 with 3245 viewsaston_hoop

The team v Burnley

QPR: Murphy Mahoney, Arkell Jude-Boyd, Trent Rendall, Joseph Gubbins, Aaron Drewe, Conor Masterson, Faysal Bettache, Stephen Duke-McKenna, Joseph Ajose, Stan Flaherty, Alfie Lloyd.

Subs: Matteo Salamon, Deon Woodman, Rafferty Pedder, Ody Alfa.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

The Youth of today on 13:12 - Aug 22 with 3186 viewsRBlock

Trent Mahorn has been rebranded to Trent Rendall, and I for one am pretty gutted about that. Maybe Trent Mahorn-Rendall, to continue to trend of double-barrelled surnames.
The Youth of today on 13:32 - Aug 22 with 3109 viewsderbyhoop

Fed up with nickname of "Toots"?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

The Youth of today on 13:36 - Aug 22 with 3092 viewsaston_hoop

Gubbins puts us 1-0 up

The Youth of today on 13:48 - Aug 22 with 3051 viewsNorthernr

The Youth of today on 13:12 - Aug 22 by RBlock

Trent Mahorn has been rebranded to Trent Rendall, and I for one am pretty gutted about that. Maybe Trent Mahorn-Rendall, to continue to trend of double-barrelled surnames.

Refuse to believe Trent Mahorn isn't a character from Viz.
The Youth of today on 13:49 - Aug 22 with 3047 viewsMedwayR

So Walsh wasn't on the bench at the weekend and isn't playing today, guess he could be going out on loan?

Poll: Who’s better?

The Youth of today on 14:29 - Aug 22 with 2958 viewsMrSheen

The Youth of today on 13:32 - Aug 22 by derbyhoop

Fed up with nickname of "Toots"?

Or "pogue"
The Youth of today on 14:38 - Aug 22 with 2920 viewsaston_hoop

3-0. Couple of goals for Alfie Lloyd.

Login to get fewer ads

The Youth of today on 14:45 - Aug 22 with 2875 viewsNortholt_Rs

The Youth of today on 14:38 - Aug 22 by aston_hoop

This is very encouraging!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

The Youth of today on 14:49 - Aug 22 with 2862 viewsderbyhoop

The Youth of today on 14:29 - Aug 22 by MrSheen

Or "pogue"

And the same to you, LOL

Lost on anybody w/o Irish heritage??

Finished 3-0 to the Rs. Joe Gubbins followed by 2 from Alfie Lloyd.

6 of the starting XI had played in the first team - Mahoney, Gubbins, Masterson, Drewe, Bettache, SDM.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2022 15:24]

The Youth of today on 15:11 - Aug 22 with 2779 viewsnix

The Youth of today on 14:38 - Aug 22 by aston_hoop

Anyone seen him play?
The Youth of today on 16:20 - Aug 22 with 2614 viewsDannyPaddox

Burnley U21s should go faux-Swiss and call them selves Young Boys Burnley.

Decent win for the Rs!
The Youth of today on 13:39 - Aug 24 with 2123 viewsCheshireR

Cheshire R's contingent were present at both the U18 game at Heston and the U21 match at Leyland.
Our first sighting of all the U18 players on show on Saturday and several caught the eye.
The U21's were outplayed for long periods of the game yesterday by Burnley and the final score was hard fought but somewhat flattering.
Two great finishes by Alfie Lloyd, but special mention to Murphy Mahoney who made several good saves and his well marshalled defence who worked tirelessly throughout the game.
The first time I had seen starters Alfie Lloyd and Stan Flaherty and also subs Rafferty Pedder and Deon Woodman.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2022 13:41]
The Youth of today on 14:15 - Aug 24 with 2043 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Feels like Gubbins has been around for decades!
The Youth of today on 14:49 - Aug 24 with 1975 viewsderbyhoop

The Youth of today on 13:39 - Aug 24 by CheshireR

Cheshire R's contingent were present at both the U18 game at Heston and the U21 match at Leyland.
Our first sighting of all the U18 players on show on Saturday and several caught the eye.
The U21's were outplayed for long periods of the game yesterday by Burnley and the final score was hard fought but somewhat flattering.
Two great finishes by Alfie Lloyd, but special mention to Murphy Mahoney who made several good saves and his well marshalled defence who worked tirelessly throughout the game.
The first time I had seen starters Alfie Lloyd and Stan Flaherty and also subs Rafferty Pedder and Deon Woodman.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2022 13:41]

I read the U21 report from Burnley site and they felt hard done by. Defford helps to have a keeper with first team experience. Even if only 2 or 3 matches.
Be interesting to see if Heston allows us to attract better players to younger age bands.

The Youth of today on 19:44 - Sep 13 with 1456 viewsderbyhoop

Ody Alfa and Faysal Bettache have both joined Aldershot on loan.
I thought loans, even to National League side, ended with the transfer window.

Could be last chance parade as they are 23 and 22 respectively.

The Youth of today on 19:55 - Sep 13 with 1419 viewsterryb

The Youth of today on 19:44 - Sep 13 by derbyhoop

Last season loans to National League clubs took place outside of the transfer window but loans to EFL clubs are restricted to the window.
The Youth of today on 20:03 - Sep 13 with 1387 viewsdmm

The Youth of today on 19:44 - Sep 13 by derbyhoop

I'm disappointed Bettache hasn't pushed on as he seemed to have something about him in the bits I've seen of him. His loan to Oldham last season didn't appear to go well. Then he trained with the first team in preseason but wasn't included in the squad.

Now he goes out to a National League team it seems to be a bit of a downward turn. There's still time and the club has an option on his contract for a further year but as you say, this could be his last chance to make an impression.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024