Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP The Killer 18:24 - Oct 28 with 1546 viewscolinallcars

Jerry Lee Lewis - the last man standing has died.
RIP The Killer on 18:46 - Oct 28 with 1486 viewsstowmarketrange

It was announced that he’d died earlier in the week but his manager denied it.I guess he is really breathless now.
We saw him at the london palladium about 6-7 years ago and couldn’t move much then.RIP Jerry.
RIP The Killer on 19:04 - Oct 28 with 1436 viewsLblock

A nutter

But a keyboard genius

We know the elephant in the room.... wrong 'un.... but the music was immense.
All known via my Dad

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

RIP The Killer on 19:05 - Oct 28 with 1430 viewsslmrstid

When they announced it on BBC News they put his picture up on the screen with his dates of living as "2035 - 2022". Impressive.
RIP The Killer on 19:24 - Oct 28 with 1381 viewsbosh67

RIP The Killer on 19:05 - Oct 28 by slmrstid

When they announced it on BBC News they put his picture up on the screen with his dates of living as "2035 - 2022". Impressive.

I think if you subtract those two numbers from each other its about the age of his wife but he was an amazing musician RIP.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

RIP The Killer on 23:14 - Oct 28 with 1246 viewsNewBee

Outlasted, though didn't outlive, that other great, Chuck Berry (died aged 90).

I love the story from their early years when they were both on tour with a few other bands.

One night Chuck would be second on the bill, with Jerry Lee top, the next night it would be the other way round.

Each was desperate to outdo the other. It reached its peak one evening when Jerry Lee was No.2. Before the evening started, he sent a roadie out to buy a quart of lighter fuel, which he used to soak his piano. Anyhow, he gave it his absolute best, while Berry waited in the wings.

Eventually he finished his set (with Great Balls of Fire?) before getting up, flicking a lit match into the piano which burst into flames, and smirking: "Follow that, Chucky Boy!" as he walked off!

Could be apocryphal, of course, but Id love to believe it to be true.
RIP The Killer on 14:36 - Oct 29 with 1086 views222gers

RIP The Killer on 23:14 - Oct 28 by NewBee

Outlasted, though didn't outlive, that other great, Chuck Berry (died aged 90).

I love the story from their early years when they were both on tour with a few other bands.

One night Chuck would be second on the bill, with Jerry Lee top, the next night it would be the other way round.

Each was desperate to outdo the other. It reached its peak one evening when Jerry Lee was No.2. Before the evening started, he sent a roadie out to buy a quart of lighter fuel, which he used to soak his piano. Anyhow, he gave it his absolute best, while Berry waited in the wings.

Eventually he finished his set (with Great Balls of Fire?) before getting up, flicking a lit match into the piano which burst into flames, and smirking: "Follow that, Chucky Boy!" as he walked off!

Could be apocryphal, of course, but Id love to believe it to be true.

Pretty much the same story in the Times obit.
He also shot his bass player twice, tried to break into Elvis' house with a gun and married a 13 year old and a 15 year old among his 7 marriages.
I always say don't look into a musical hero's lifestyles as many are unsavoury.
Some of the old bluesmen I liked were pretty violent blokes.
Beethoven could be a pain sometimes.
RIP The Killer on 18:07 - Oct 29 with 1023 viewsBoston

RIP The Killer on 14:36 - Oct 29 by 222gers

He also shot his bass player twice, tried to break into Elvis' house with a gun and married a 13 year old and a 15 year old among his 7 marriages.

Beethoven, rolled over a lot of people.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

RIP The Killer on 19:20 - Oct 29 with 987 viewsizlingtonhoop

RIP The Killer on 14:36 - Oct 29 by 222gers

He was (possibly) first married at 14. Its all strange stuff. Aretha Franklin first became pregnant at the age of 12.
They just weird over there and back then.
Not saying it's right.
Cos it's not.

Great tunes though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024