Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Beale on Gyokeres 21:09 - Nov 12 with 2324 viewsstainrods_elbow

Anyone feel his saying he was the difference today was a bit of a dig at Dykes and/or, at the very least, a not-so coded message to the Board?

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Beale on Gyokeres on 21:16 - Nov 12 with 2241 viewsParkRoyalR

Don't suppose mentioned his own ridiculous substitutions and more or less throwing the game with 10 to go?

Or Clarke Salter phoning it in on the left side in the 2nd Half?

Or why we were so slow out of the blocks again, giving teams a headstart and giving them something to defend?

Or why we move the ball so slow through the thirds so our forwards are facing a packed defence by the time the ball eventually arrives up top?
Beale on Gyokeres on 21:28 - Nov 12 with 2182 viewsWatford_Ranger

Comparing Gykoeres to Dykes is akin to comparing prime Tyson to a fat bloke down the pub who claims he sparred with Ali but we’d have lost if they had Brett Angell up front.
Beale on Gyokeres on 21:29 - Nov 12 with 2182 viewsHAYESBOY

I didn't take it that way, but only Beale will know.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Beale on Gyokeres on 08:47 - Nov 13 with 1758 viewsNorthantsHoop

Beale on Gyokeres on 21:16 - Nov 12 by ParkRoyalR

Don't suppose mentioned his own ridiculous substitutions and more or less throwing the game with 10 to go?

Or Clarke Salter phoning it in on the left side in the 2nd Half?

Or why we were so slow out of the blocks again, giving teams a headstart and giving them something to defend?

Or why we move the ball so slow through the thirds so our forwards are facing a packed defence by the time the ball eventually arrives up top?

All of this and failing to make substitutions early enough to at least make an impact. He has been doing this in last few games not making significant changes to mix it up a bit.
Beale on Gyokeres on 11:18 - Nov 13 with 1541 viewsessextaxiboy

Beale on Gyokeres on 08:47 - Nov 13 by NorthantsHoop

All of this and failing to make substitutions early enough to at least make an impact. He has been doing this in last few games not making significant changes to mix it up a bit.

We dont know all of the facts but IMO the decision to just give Armstrong 2 minutes against Brum was mystifying .
Beale on Gyokeres on 13:55 - Nov 13 with 1342 viewskensalriser

Said after we played Cov at home last season that Gyokeres is exactly the type of forward we need. Haven't changed my mind.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Beale on Gyokeres on 13:58 - Nov 13 with 1331 viewsDamo1962

Beale on Gyokeres on 13:55 - Nov 13 by kensalriser

Said after we played Cov at home last season that Gyokeres is exactly the type of forward we need. Haven't changed my mind.

Agree. A real beast of a player...unlike the Ink man.
Beale on Gyokeres on 14:00 - Nov 13 with 1325 viewsNorthernr

Beale on Gyokeres on 13:55 - Nov 13 by kensalriser

The really annoying thing about him, same as Morris and Adebayo who crawled all over us at Luton, is that they have moved recently, with little competition for their signatures (Morris to Barnsley from Norwich for a few hundred k, Adebayo likewise Walsall to Luton, and Gyokeres I think £1m from Brighton), within our meagre budget. We spent that same money on Bonne and Dykes. Gyokeres went on loan from the same Brighton second string to first Swansea and then Coventry as we go Jan Mlakar from - a Brighton second string overseen by David Weir, who's meant to be Warburton's best bum chum.

Our recruitment has had notable improvement and some good success stories in recent times, and as I keep saying FFP headroom and budgets and expensive strikers etc all remains true. But there's been some big misses too.
Login to get fewer ads

Beale on Gyokeres on 19:21 - Nov 13 with 1104 viewsCamberleyR

Beale on Gyokeres on 14:00 - Nov 13 by Northernr

The really annoying thing about him, same as Morris and Adebayo who crawled all over us at Luton, is that they have moved recently, with little competition for their signatures (Morris to Barnsley from Norwich for a few hundred k, Adebayo likewise Walsall to Luton, and Gyokeres I think £1m from Brighton), within our meagre budget. We spent that same money on Bonne and Dykes. Gyokeres went on loan from the same Brighton second string to first Swansea and then Coventry as we go Jan Mlakar from - a Brighton second string overseen by David Weir, who's meant to be Warburton's best bum chum.

Our recruitment has had notable improvement and some good success stories in recent times, and as I keep saying FFP headroom and budgets and expensive strikers etc all remains true. But there's been some big misses too.

Coventry signing Gyökeres in hindsight looks a fantastic piece of business but whilst still at Brighton those couple of loan spells at Swansea and Coventry in 20/21, you'd have to say he didn't exactly pull up any trees (1 goal in 12 for Swansea and 3 in 19 for Cov), so he probably didn't stand out for opposing managers playing Swansea and Cov but obviously Robins working with him every day saw something and took the gamble.

Hamer another one we should have been looking at who Cov got from Holland for a millionish.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024