Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crawley 12:13 - Jan 18 with 2455 viewsdigswellhoop

what a disgaceful decision by the fa
Crawley on 12:49 - Jan 18 with 2258 viewsfrancisbowles

clue as to what's happened?
Crawley on 13:12 - Jan 18 with 2149 viewsslmrstid

Crawley on 12:49 - Jan 18 by francisbowles

clue as to what's happened?

I presume its to do with this.

Not much disgraceful about it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64308974
Crawley on 13:17 - Jan 18 with 2108 viewsSuperhoops2808

Should be banned for life - Punishment is a joke
Crawley on 13:22 - Jan 18 with 2077 viewsdigswellhoop

look on sky sports news
Crawley on 13:24 - Jan 18 with 2062 viewsslmrstid

Crawley on 13:22 - Jan 18 by digswellhoop

look on sky sports news

Thanks for the downvote sir.

Please tell us why someone being banned for being a racist is disgraceful?
Crawley on 13:26 - Jan 18 with 2040 viewsHayesender

Crawley on 13:24 - Jan 18 by slmrstid

I'd hazard a guess hes saying the punishment is too lenient?

Some of the things he has said, I'm surprised the police haven't got involved!

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Crawley on 13:27 - Jan 18 with 2037 viewsaston_hoop

Crawley on 13:24 - Jan 18 by slmrstid

I'm guessing its due to the findings that he's not a 'conscious racist'

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12789094/fa-concludes-john-yems-is

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Crawley on 13:30 - Jan 18 with 2001 viewsSuperhoops2808

Crawley on 13:26 - Jan 18 by Hayesender

I'd hazard a guess hes saying the punishment is too lenient?

Some of the things he has said, I'm surprised the police haven't got involved!

Agreed Dave

In fact, why on earth did some of the victims not report to the police at the time?

And how can you 'Not be a conscious Racist' with those comments? Has he lived under a rock... I give up
Login to get fewer ads

Crawley on 13:31 - Jan 18 with 1986 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Crawley on 13:17 - Jan 18 by Superhoops2808

Should be banned for life - Punishment is a joke

18 months is incredibly leniant alright.

There's only two things here: either he was intentionally racist; or unintentionally racist having lacked the basic intelligence and empathy to judge his actions and the effect of same.

Either way, it seems unwise at best to allow him back to work after only eighteen months. At worst, the decision is callous.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Crawley on 13:35 - Jan 18 with 1945 viewsSuperhoops2808

Crawley on 13:31 - Jan 18 by BrianMcCarthy

18 months is incredibly leniant alright.

There's only two things here: either he was intentionally racist; or unintentionally racist having lacked the basic intelligence and empathy to judge his actions and the effect of same.

Either way, it seems unwise at best to allow him back to work after only eighteen months. At worst, the decision is callous.

Brian...

He was a manager of a football club in the EFL. I am not sure how it can be suggested that he was 'unintentionally racist having lacked the basic intelligence'

Sorry but I just dont buy that line of thinking
Crawley on 13:39 - Jan 18 with 1888 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Crawley on 13:35 - Jan 18 by Superhoops2808

Brian...

He was a manager of a football club in the EFL. I am not sure how it can be suggested that he was 'unintentionally racist having lacked the basic intelligence'

Sorry but I just dont buy that line of thinking

Me neither, to be honest.

But my point is that even if that's his defence it shouldn't matter - he shouldn't be involved in football for a long time.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Crawley on 14:55 - Jan 18 with 1624 viewsnix

Crawley on 13:30 - Jan 18 by Superhoops2808

Agreed Dave

In fact, why on earth did some of the victims not report to the police at the time?

And how can you 'Not be a conscious Racist' with those comments? Has he lived under a rock... I give up

They were probably young players at the start of their career whose future seemed to be in the hands of this man. Football is such a precarious profession unless/until you become valuable/established, and then you hold a lot of power. It's like no one complained about Harvey Weinstein for years because of the power he wielded over their careers.

It's also hard to be the one who puts their head above the parapet. There are whole psychological papers on it as to how people tend to submit to the group, and if everyone else is ignoring it, then they will tend to.

Maybe they'd had unhelpful experiences with the police as well, which is not unheard of, particularly for ethnic minorities (just look at the latest scandals in the Met.).

I agree though, you can't be an unconscious racist. Not since the 70s/80s.
Crawley on 15:04 - Jan 18 with 1573 viewsDavieQPR

Might only be 18 months but can't see anyone employing him after that.
Crawley on 15:11 - Jan 18 with 1532 viewsNorthernr

Crawley on 15:04 - Jan 18 by DavieQPR

Might only be 18 months but can't see anyone employing him after that.

Malky Mackay not only got work, he got work at the Scottish FA, and is managing an SPL team now. Football doesn't care, if it thinks you can get it a result this Saturday you're in.
Crawley on 15:30 - Jan 18 with 1451 viewsdaveB

The player he called a curry muncher among other things was a young kid on loan from QPR

Man should be banned for life, 18 months and a well it was only banter excuse is unbelievable.
Crawley on 15:33 - Jan 18 with 1439 viewsNorthernr

Crawley on 15:30 - Jan 18 by daveB

The player he called a curry muncher among other things was a young kid on loan from QPR

Man should be banned for life, 18 months and a well it was only banter excuse is unbelievable.

Amrit Bansal-McNulty.
Crawley on 15:33 - Jan 18 with 1431 viewsdaveB

Crawley on 14:55 - Jan 18 by nix

They were probably young players at the start of their career whose future seemed to be in the hands of this man. Football is such a precarious profession unless/until you become valuable/established, and then you hold a lot of power. It's like no one complained about Harvey Weinstein for years because of the power he wielded over their careers.

It's also hard to be the one who puts their head above the parapet. There are whole psychological papers on it as to how people tend to submit to the group, and if everyone else is ignoring it, then they will tend to.

Maybe they'd had unhelpful experiences with the police as well, which is not unheard of, particularly for ethnic minorities (just look at the latest scandals in the Met.).

I agree though, you can't be an unconscious racist. Not since the 70s/80s.

it sounds to me like they heard the phrase unconscious bias and tried to use it here. If you are saying the things this bloke said as often as he did you know what you are saying and doing. The FA have let so many people down here.
Crawley on 15:41 - Jan 18 with 1363 viewsnix

Crawley on 15:33 - Jan 18 by daveB

it sounds to me like they heard the phrase unconscious bias and tried to use it here. If you are saying the things this bloke said as often as he did you know what you are saying and doing. The FA have let so many people down here.

Yep all of this.
Crawley on 15:56 - Jan 18 with 1290 viewsNorthernr

Given we've now got two threads on this, and I'm uneasy as to what the first post on this one actually means, we'll go with this one from here...

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/293670/john-yems/
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024