Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shout out to the fans that go up and down the country following us 08:36 - Mar 6 with 1634 viewsnumptydumpty

I am only an occasional away fan but it is impressive how many our fans go all over the country to follow our current rabble !!!

Just by being a home season ticket holder, I know on my way to games recently am turning up unfortunately expecting a few dodgy goals conceded and a lack of firepower up front and turning up almost resigned to viewing not exactly the greatest entertainment show ever !!!

Think it is unbelievably impressive how many super loyal fans we have and fair play to all !!!

If I was Ainsworth, I would play on this as part of his prematch motivations and get these players to know they managed to be in privileged positions and pay back the support fans consistently show !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Shout out to the fans that go up and down the country following us on 13:44 - Mar 6 with 1445 viewsR_from_afar

Good points and actually this reminds me of something I was thinking about yesterday: Top Trumps. Hear me out.

I'd love the club to create some Top Trumps cards featuring fans, not players. They could be anonymised or the name could be the fan's user name from LFW or some other fans' forum. The whole point would be for Gareth to make them play the game - not instead of practising defending, I hasten to add, but perhaps on the coach, as an example - and in so doing, drum into them the depth of QPR fans' loyalty and the lengths, in terms of time, expense, suffering and inconvenience, they are prepared to go to support their beloved club, as well as the joy it brings.

Here are some example characteristics, I'm sure you can come up with better ones. Just a daft idea I had. It must be the stress of following our hapless club

- Years a QPR fan
- Number of generations of the family which have supported QPR
- Average number of days the euphoria of a QPR win lasts
- Average number of days to recover from a QPR defeat
- Most money spent going to a single game (with stadium/opponent)
- Earliest time left home to go to a QPR game
- Latest time got back home after a QPR game
- Number of pets or children named after something or someone QPR related
- Most layers of clothing worn at a match

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Shout out to the fans that go up and down the country following us on 16:34 - Mar 6 with 1297 viewsSK_hoops

Shout out to the fans that go up and down the country following us on 13:44 - Mar 6 by R_from_afar

Good points and actually this reminds me of something I was thinking about yesterday: Top Trumps. Hear me out.

I'd love the club to create some Top Trumps cards featuring fans, not players. They could be anonymised or the name could be the fan's user name from LFW or some other fans' forum. The whole point would be for Gareth to make them play the game - not instead of practising defending, I hasten to add, but perhaps on the coach, as an example - and in so doing, drum into them the depth of QPR fans' loyalty and the lengths, in terms of time, expense, suffering and inconvenience, they are prepared to go to support their beloved club, as well as the joy it brings.

Here are some example characteristics, I'm sure you can come up with better ones. Just a daft idea I had. It must be the stress of following our hapless club

- Years a QPR fan
- Number of generations of the family which have supported QPR
- Average number of days the euphoria of a QPR win lasts
- Average number of days to recover from a QPR defeat
- Most money spent going to a single game (with stadium/opponent)
- Earliest time left home to go to a QPR game
- Latest time got back home after a QPR game
- Number of pets or children named after something or someone QPR related
- Most layers of clothing worn at a match

I think the euphoria of a QPR win would last me about a month at the minute.
Shout out to the fans that go up and down the country following us on 17:23 - Mar 6 with 1254 viewsqpr_1968

talking of away trips, have blackpool sent us any tickets yet.
cutting it fine.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Shout out to the fans that go up and down the country following us on 20:00 - Mar 6 with 1180 viewsthemodfather

agree, the die hards regulars deserve either a free ticket, free travel or at least a signed shirt
Shout out to the fans that go up and down the country following us on 20:03 - Mar 6 with 1174 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Some of them have been called cucks and told to fck off out of the club this weekend.
Shout out to the fans that go up and down the country following us on 21:17 - Mar 6 with 1082 viewsRangersw12

Shout out to the fans that go up and down the country following us on 20:03 - Mar 6 by BazzaInTheLoft

Some of them have been called cucks and told to fck off out of the club this weekend.

I don't think anybody has told anyone to fck off out of the club
Shout out to the fans that go up and down the country following us on 21:18 - Mar 6 with 1082 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Shout out to the fans that go up and down the country following us on 21:17 - Mar 6 by Rangersw12

I don't think anybody has told anyone to fck off out of the club

Yeah, they have.
Shout out to the fans that go up and down the country following us on 21:39 - Mar 6 with 1031 viewsnumptydumpty

Shout out to the fans that go up and down the country following us on 20:03 - Mar 6 by BazzaInTheLoft

Don't know anything about this Bazza but sad if it has happened.

It's not correct either.

The only common denominator at the club is our fans that follow us through thick and thin or as is recent thin and thin !!!

Lot of frustration flying around currently.

But not great if people start having a go at other fans..

Login to get fewer ads

Shout out to the fans that go up and down the country following us on 22:39 - Mar 6 with 971 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Shout out to the fans that go up and down the country following us on 21:39 - Mar 6 by numptydumpty

Don't know anything about this Bazza but sad if it has happened.

It's not correct either.

The only common denominator at the club is our fans that follow us through thick and thin or as is recent thin and thin !!!

Lot of frustration flying around currently.

But not great if people start having a go at other fans..

Yeah it’s all in black on white in the forum.

We also have people calling for the lethal injection for senior management and for Taylor Richards to get bashed up in a darkened rooms.

Just a bit of decorum required I think.
Shout out to the fans that go up and down the country following us on 23:33 - Mar 6 with 918 viewsnumptydumpty

Shout out to the fans that go up and down the country following us on 22:39 - Mar 6 by BazzaInTheLoft

Yeah it’s all in black on white in the forum.

We also have people calling for the lethal injection for senior management and for Taylor Richards to get bashed up in a darkened rooms.

Just a bit of decorum required I think.

Crikey

Not seen any of that but guessing a few sherberts may have been consumed prior to such nonsense

Football is still just football. Not quite on a par with the famous Bill Shankley quote !!!

Shout out to the fans that go up and down the country following us on 06:57 - Mar 7 with 816 viewsPunteR

Shout out to the fans that go up and down the country following us on 23:33 - Mar 6 by numptydumpty

Crikey

Not seen any of that but guessing a few sherberts may have been consumed prior to such nonsense

Football is still just football. Not quite on a par with the famous Bill Shankley quote !!!

Bazza has exaggerated this.
Yeh there was a thread that got pulled. And yes it was probably in bad taste for some.
Considering our current situation i think this forum has been pretty well behaved in the main. Lots of frustration and anger towards the club, were all pissed off with it. And rightly so. One or two getting their knickers in a twist, me being one of them . But nothing like the politics or the Corona ones were Bazza was pretty much in the mix stirring things up. He's a fine one to start asking for decorum on this site.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Shout out to the fans that go up and down the country following us on 08:57 - Mar 7 with 746 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Yeah, I'm sitting here thinking "Another Saturday ruined" and I've only got to get to HQ at the weekend. Fair play to the noble 750. It's not like you're even going to those games with hope at the moment; just waiting for the inevitable.
Shout out to the fans that go up and down the country following us on 10:55 - Mar 7 with 700 viewsToast_R

Its like the band that continued to play on the Titanic as everyone else was trying to get off the stricken ship in sheer panic.

All of the men and women will be recognized for their heroism.

[Post edited 7 Mar 2023 11:04]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024