Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Serious Question - Is Les now a distraction we cannot no longer afford? 18:54 - Apr 17 with 4878 viewsHooping_Mad

If the club/board plan on keeping him around then they should probably confirm that and we all move forward happy or sad. The current situation isn't really tenable any longer is it?

If he's going in summer then perhaps some gardening leave is in order from here on in, keeping him retained doesn't appear to be to our advantage as things stand.

Ironic from me but, a pair of boll*cks please QPR.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Serious Question - Is Les now a distraction we cannot no longer afford? on 18:58 - Apr 17 with 3610 viewsRangersw12

Ok Les goes tomorrow, what changes at the club??
Serious Question - Is Les now a distraction we cannot no longer afford? on 19:02 - Apr 17 with 3575 viewsstevec

Serious Question - Is Les now a distraction we cannot no longer afford? on 18:58 - Apr 17 by Rangersw12

Youth system for a start.
Serious Question - Is Les now a distraction we cannot no longer afford? on 19:06 - Apr 17 with 3586 viewsHooping_Mad

Serious Question - Is Les now a distraction we cannot no longer afford? on 18:58 - Apr 17 by Rangersw12

Ethos, culture, Signings?

Perhaps a change in the player power dynamic?
[Post edited 17 Apr 2023 19:07]

Serious Question - Is Les now a distraction we cannot no longer afford? on 19:08 - Apr 17 with 3573 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Serious Question - Is Les now a distraction we cannot no longer afford? on 19:02 - Apr 17 by stevec

Youth system for a start.

What youth system?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Serious Question - Is Les now a distraction we cannot no longer afford? on 19:11 - Apr 17 with 3549 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Sacking Les right now will do nothing, including make you feel better.
Serious Question - Is Les now a distraction we cannot no longer afford? on 19:14 - Apr 17 with 3532 viewsStanisgod

Oh good, another Les thread zzzzzzzzzz

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Serious Question - Is Les now a distraction we cannot no longer afford? on 19:15 - Apr 17 with 3524 viewsHooping_Mad

Serious Question - Is Les now a distraction we cannot no longer afford? on 19:11 - Apr 17 by BazzaInTheLoft

If you read the Title and OP I actually think we should clarify his position.

Maybe we could save time shouting for him to f**k off at matches and actually support the team (OK I'm wumming now)

As stated, serious question. Do you think the current situation is a healthy one?

Serious Question - Is Les now a distraction we cannot no longer afford? on 19:17 - Apr 17 with 3519 viewsHooping_Mad

Serious Question - Is Les now a distraction we cannot no longer afford? on 19:14 - Apr 17 by Stanisgod

Oh good, another Les thread zzzzzzzzzz

Another useful comment, why not make the case for Les?

Edit: 5 games left is the reason for the question.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2023 19:18]

Login to get fewer ads

Serious Question - Is Les now a distraction we cannot no longer afford? on 19:20 - Apr 17 with 3496 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Serious Question - Is Les now a distraction we cannot no longer afford? on 19:11 - Apr 17 by BazzaInTheLoft

The sooner he goes, the sooner he's off the payroll; I don't think we can underestimate the importance of that.

I'm sure those more familiar with the running of QPR can advise if his departure would negatively impact us on a day-to-day, because I don't think it's catastrophic on a longterm basis. So, we might as well crack on with it

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!

Serious Question - Is Les now a distraction we cannot no longer afford? on 19:31 - Apr 17 with 3466 viewsbosh67

Clark-Salter
Roberts
Richards
Balogun
Laird
Iroegbunam
Paal

Forget any actual talent, all players signed by Beale.

Of those only Iroegbunam and Paal have played a number of games and Iroegbunam is now out. The rest have been a disaster playing time wise. So people solely blaming Les should look at Beale and the scouts that allowed players with disastrous injury records to come here.

For me Beale, his signings and his behaviour has so much to do with the current horrors we face. Critchley inherited a bunch of crocks. Ainsworth inherited a bunch of crocks. Mostly courtesy of Beale.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Serious Question - Is Les now a distraction we cannot no longer afford? on 19:37 - Apr 17 with 3437 viewsNoDiddley

Serious Question - Is Les now a distraction we cannot no longer afford? on 19:31 - Apr 17 by bosh67

Clark-Salter
Roberts
Richards
Balogun
Laird
Iroegbunam
Paal

Of those only Iroegbunam and Paal have played a number of games and Iroegbunam is now out. The rest have been a disaster playing time wise. So people solely blaming Les should look at Beale and the scouts that allowed players with disastrous injury records to come here.

For me Beale, his signings and his behaviour has so much to do with the current horrors we face. Critchley inherited a bunch of crocks. Ainsworth inherited a bunch of crocks. Mostly courtesy of Beale.

Bosh ‘nail on head’
Serious Question - Is Les now a distraction we cannot no longer afford? on 19:38 - Apr 17 with 3417 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Serious Question - Is Les now a distraction we cannot no longer afford? on 19:20 - Apr 17 by PlanetHonneywood

The sooner he goes, the sooner he's off the payroll; I don't think we can underestimate the importance of that.

I'm sure those more familiar with the running of QPR can advise if his departure would negatively impact us on a day-to-day, because I don't think it's catastrophic on a longterm basis. So, we might as well crack on with it

I obviously haven’t got sight of it, but I assume it will cost the same amount to terminate him as it would to let it run. You have to buy out a contract typically.

So we sack him tomorrow. How does that make the players he brought in feel? Less or more secure? More or less inclined to give 100% in this crucial run in?

How does that affect the (admittedy limited) youngsters feel? And the youth coaches? He must have allies in the club after 8 years.

Why rock the boat further right now. We need stability, even just for stability’s sake.

Then when we cross the threshold into either safety or relegation, which could be as early as 5pm on the 29th, we make the big decisions with full sight of where we’re going.

I think we have slipped into a period of blinkered rage as a fan base. That’s not a good state to make important decisions in.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2023 19:43]
Serious Question - Is Les now a distraction we cannot no longer afford? on 19:40 - Apr 17 with 3411 viewsWhip_It

I'm not really sure what the case against Les actually is. I keep seeing references to 'his mates' and his 'lack of qualifications', and then I hear lots of laughable conspiracy theories, such as binning Charlie Austin because he was concerned that Charlie threatened Les's goalscoring record. It feels like a small, vocal minority have had the knives out for Les for quite some time, regardless of what's been happening on the pitch, motivated by a fairly primal hatred. In general terms, the rest of us probably don't know enough about how much Les is or isn't to blame about our current situation, but we do know that we are watching our club disappear before our eyes, and it's not unreasonable to have an emotional response to that, or to want to change things.

If we're having a serious discussion, then it's not just about Les, but the whole set up. What we have been trying to achieve hasn't worked, or at least not in the way it should have done. I see the problem starting at the top, with an absence of clear leadership from the Board, which allows for divergence in approaches once you get down to DOF and manager level - we're not the first club to have had this problem.

Let's not just continue to sack and hire - someone up top needs to start making some smart decisions, even if they take a while to bear fruit.
Serious Question - Is Les now a distraction we cannot no longer afford? on 19:41 - Apr 17 with 3404 viewsRangersw12

Serious Question - Is Les now a distraction we cannot no longer afford? on 19:31 - Apr 17 by bosh67

Clark-Salter
Roberts
Richards
Balogun
Laird
Iroegbunam
Paal

This is also my biggest criticism of Les as he should never have allowed it to happen
Serious Question - Is Les now a distraction we cannot no longer afford? on 19:43 - Apr 17 with 3385 viewspaulhoop2

Really boring now threads like these and youth set up is Chris Ramseys domain not Les

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Serious Question - Is Les now a distraction we cannot no longer afford? on 19:45 - Apr 17 with 3367 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Serious Question - Is Les now a distraction we cannot no longer afford? on 19:40 - Apr 17 by Whip_It

I'm not really sure what the case against Les actually is. I keep seeing references to 'his mates' and his 'lack of qualifications', and then I hear lots of laughable conspiracy theories, such as binning Charlie Austin because he was concerned that Charlie threatened Les's goalscoring record. It feels like a small, vocal minority have had the knives out for Les for quite some time, regardless of what's been happening on the pitch, motivated by a fairly primal hatred. In general terms, the rest of us probably don't know enough about how much Les is or isn't to blame about our current situation, but we do know that we are watching our club disappear before our eyes, and it's not unreasonable to have an emotional response to that, or to want to change things.

If we're having a serious discussion, then it's not just about Les, but the whole set up. What we have been trying to achieve hasn't worked, or at least not in the way it should have done. I see the problem starting at the top, with an absence of clear leadership from the Board, which allows for divergence in approaches once you get down to DOF and manager level - we're not the first club to have had this problem.

Let's not just continue to sack and hire - someone up top needs to start making some smart decisions, even if they take a while to bear fruit.

I think there is a case against Les but it’s more about the speed and scale of what he’s done rather than the validity of systems he’s put in.
Serious Question - Is Les now a distraction we cannot no longer afford? on 19:49 - Apr 17 with 3346 viewsdavman

Clark-Salter
Roberts
Richards
Balogun
Laird
Iroegbunam
Paal

Sorry, but in a DoF system, the Head Coach coaches what players he is given, so if they were all Beale signings, then that's good enough for me to prove that our DoF has failed.

If Beale wanted all those players and the DoF didn't agree he can overrule his Coach - that is what a managerial hierarchy can do and should have done.

If he is NOT doing that, he is utterly impotent at a football club and might as well f-off. So, sorry, the state of this shockingly shite, fragile, delicate squad of "professionals" along with the pathetic youth team (ooooo, loook out our B team - invincible, they should all play on Wednesday - f-off) and overall Academy structure is at Les' door.

...and unless Hoos was told to gamble by the board (which would not surprise me one little bit), the state of our finances up against the pathetic S&P rules sits squarely with him and he can f-off too.

...and if the Board are truly behind the last gasp gamble, they need to fess up, apologise and find a way out of this shitstorm. As I have said elsewhere today, maybe the relegation is nowhere near as bad as being stuck with this squad and no money trying to cobble together 12 wins next year, which right now looks a massive task...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Serious Question - Is Les now a distraction we cannot no longer afford? on 19:56 - Apr 17 with 3318 viewsHooping_Mad

Clark-Salter
Roberts
Richards
Balogun
Laird
Iroegbunam
Paal

Can't argue with most of that, I could with a little time throw a fairly long list of players signed by the DOF that have been complete and utter shite too. So there is a theme at least, we're damned either way.

Sean Goss
Ben Gladwin
Oscar Lee Gobern
Jordan Cousins
Ariel Borysiuk (3yr contract played 10 times)
Niko Hämäläinen
Jack Robinson (used us a private health care)
David Wheeler
Liam Kelly
Toni Leistner

These are just 10 made under the DOF system that didn't produce results and would have produced no discernible return.

Edit: For those 'bored' but still reading and adding to the thread I can make a smaller list of success stories if the demand is there?
[Post edited 17 Apr 2023 19:58]

Serious Question - Is Les now a distraction we cannot no longer afford? on 20:00 - Apr 17 with 3289 viewsPhilmyRs

Serious Question - Is Les now a distraction we cannot no longer afford? on 19:38 - Apr 17 by BazzaInTheLoft

I obviously haven’t got sight of it, but I assume it will cost the same amount to terminate him as it would to let it run. You have to buy out a contract typically.

So we sack him tomorrow. How does that make the players he brought in feel? Less or more secure? More or less inclined to give 100% in this crucial run in?

How does that affect the (admittedy limited) youngsters feel? And the youth coaches? He must have allies in the club after 8 years.

Why rock the boat further right now. We need stability, even just for stability’s sake.

Then when we cross the threshold into either safety or relegation, which could be as early as 5pm on the 29th, we make the big decisions with full sight of where we’re going.

I think we have slipped into a period of blinkered rage as a fan base. That’s not a good state to make important decisions in.

Yep, agree with this. Some big decisions in the summer for sure but nothing to gain by sacking the DOF now. Don’t think the Board will sack him now either as without Les, fans anger may finally start being directed at the people that are most culpable for our demise.
Serious Question - Is Les now a distraction we cannot no longer afford? on 20:09 - Apr 17 with 3256 viewsHooping_Mad

Serious Question - Is Les now a distraction we cannot no longer afford? on 20:00 - Apr 17 by PhilmyRs

Yep, agree with this. Some big decisions in the summer for sure but nothing to gain by sacking the DOF now. Don’t think the Board will sack him now either as without Les, fans anger may finally start being directed at the people that are most culpable for our demise.

This is the crux of it really, if we do go down and the board do decide it's his time, then what will the club have been achieved from this point until that?

Hence they would be well advised to clarify his position.

I'm certainly not his biggest fan but I'm also not in the singing camp either hence why I think we need to stop distracting the squad with fan speculation around his position. I know.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2023 20:13]

Serious Question - Is Les now a distraction we cannot no longer afford? on 20:44 - Apr 17 with 3137 viewsHayesender

Serious Question - Is Les now a distraction we cannot no longer afford? on 19:56 - Apr 17 by Hooping_Mad

Can't argue with most of that, I could with a little time throw a fairly long list of players signed by the DOF that have been complete and utter shite too. So there is a theme at least, we're damned either way.

Sean Goss
Ben Gladwin
Oscar Lee Gobern
Jordan Cousins
Ariel Borysiuk (3yr contract played 10 times)
Niko Hämäläinen
Jack Robinson (used us a private health care)
David Wheeler
Liam Kelly
Toni Leistner

These are just 10 made under the DOF system that didn't produce results and would have produced no discernible return.

Edit: For those 'bored' but still reading and adding to the thread I can make a smaller list of success stories if the demand is there?
[Post edited 17 Apr 2023 19:58]

Don't forget the near on £4 million wasted on Washington and Bonne

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Serious Question - Is Les now a distraction we cannot no longer afford? on 20:55 - Apr 17 with 3113 viewsHooping_Mad

Serious Question - Is Les now a distraction we cannot no longer afford? on 20:44 - Apr 17 by Hayesender

Don't forget the near on £4 million wasted on Washington and Bonne

Saving them for later, well I was.

Serious Question - Is Les now a distraction we cannot no longer afford? on 20:58 - Apr 17 with 3102 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Serious Question - Is Les now a distraction we cannot no longer afford? on 19:38 - Apr 17 by BazzaInTheLoft

Ok so Les has been here 8 years, and even if he were on successive fixed term contracts, because he's been here for over 4 years, it's likely that he's now on a permanent contract (unless as a DoF, such a role can lawfully remain on a fixed term basis).

So, if he's permanent, then given our financial situation and the fact we need to change the football side of our operation, it would seem to me that the spectre of redundancy looms over many on the payroll.

Accordingly, and to ensure any such dismissal is seen as being fair by way of lawful redundancy, then QPR really ought to be getting or at least thinking about getting their ducks lined up by first, undertaking a review to establish there is a need to make X number of staff redundant, before undertaking a fair selection process. Not easy of course, but that's how I'd be thinking of moving him on.

In any event, he's lawfully entitled to a severence payment for the termination of either a fixed term or full-time contract. My point is that while we can debate the mechanics and timing for his 'predicted' departure all we like, but let's not let it drag on.

All this being said, I'd be very surprised if there weren't some conversations already taking place behind the scenes.

Serious Question - Is Les now a distraction we cannot no longer afford? on 21:25 - Apr 17 with 3045 viewsHAMRanger

feck me!!!!!
Serious Question - Is Les now a distraction we cannot no longer afford? on 21:37 - Apr 17 with 3020 viewsdaveB

The whole reason Les is there is because the owners do not want to run the club day to day, they don't want to have to deal with the manager they took a step away 8 years ago and haven't been back since. Les is left in charge of the football side so is the one who deals with the manager, scouts, coaches etc and Hoos deals with the day to day running of the club

Now I'd agree it's probably time that les didn't do that role anymore but the real issue is going to be when he does go who they replace him with as the owners will not be wanting to run this day to day, do they dump it all on Hoos, let Ainsworth run it all including the academy and scouting or get in a new director of football

Sacking Les is seen by many as the big answer to our problems, it really won't be
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024