Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Single file Queuing.. in pubs! 14:09 - Jun 8 with 3334 viewsDiscodroids

We have at last surmounted the peak sawtooth waves of insanity in this country. I've never encountered this recent fashion in our pubs and clubs, and would piss all over it if i did. Luckily it hasn't reached Leigh on Sea and i can't imagine the natives round here putting up with it.

Just take a butchers at The pictures in the X account below which is dedicated to it. it's a new phenomenon. Pubs/ bars are not post office counters to pick up form lcx49kj or the medical center for your blood test results to see if you have a dose of crabs.

It blows my mind. The bar staff implore people not to queue and to address the bar in the normal fashion yet they continue to queue up in single file at the bar looking like cattle waiting for the firing pin of the bolt gun in a slum east end abbatoir. Docile , iron curtain queueing for-Baby-milk formulae colostomy bags ,that cant work out how to use a bar.

Takes ages to get served with single file queues going back out of the door while the unused bar staff wait idly behind the jump yelling at people not to queue. Yet still they Queue. FFS.

All Waiting in single file to be served their Madri like some tuberculosis drenched brat at the window of a Mr Whippy ice cream van for his 3 halfpence raspberry Jubbly.

Is it in your Local,? have seen this carcinogenic shit in your pub?. Just say no, and walk to the bar with your head held high. Name and shame!

[Post edited 8 Jun 15:13]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 14:14 - Jun 8 with 2100 viewsFDC

You will never - ever! - get me onboard with this modern scourge

(Refer to twitter as "X")
Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 14:27 - Jun 8 with 2033 viewsDannyPaddox

I walked into the Spoons near Tower Bridge a year or so ago (a Scheißloch but I was thirsty) and headed straight to (what I thought was) an empty bar. A righteous voice from another part of the room indignantly informed me “excuse me there’s a queue here sir” He looked like a man who could earn money modelling for Toby jugs ie: old enough to know better and he was at the back of a long queue. Half the people in the queue were holding menus. I came back with, “This is a pub not a post office” More importantly I got served.
Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 14:31 - Jun 8 with 2010 viewsDiscodroids

Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 14:27 - Jun 8 by DannyPaddox

I walked into the Spoons near Tower Bridge a year or so ago (a Scheißloch but I was thirsty) and headed straight to (what I thought was) an empty bar. A righteous voice from another part of the room indignantly informed me “excuse me there’s a queue here sir” He looked like a man who could earn money modelling for Toby jugs ie: old enough to know better and he was at the back of a long queue. Half the people in the queue were holding menus. I came back with, “This is a pub not a post office” More importantly I got served.

;-)

i can imagine you sticking your chin out defiantly like mussolini in the back of his Kubblewaggon as you strode to the bar. Beautiful.. Bollox to these the single file queuing bastards.!
[Post edited 8 Jun 14:50]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 14:37 - Jun 8 with 1997 viewsWatford_Ranger

Say what you want about Spoons but it’s great you can just order from the table rather than wait for Stacey and Tracey to order four bubblegum daiquiris and some bloke to try and jump in ahead of you to order three drinks including a Guinness and enquire about allergies on the food menu. The queue is preferable to people pretending not to know who was there before them.
Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 14:45 - Jun 8 with 1956 viewsDiscodroids

Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 14:37 - Jun 8 by Watford_Ranger

Say what you want about Spoons but it’s great you can just order from the table rather than wait for Stacey and Tracey to order four bubblegum daiquiris and some bloke to try and jump in ahead of you to order three drinks including a Guinness and enquire about allergies on the food menu. The queue is preferable to people pretending not to know who was there before them.

"enquire about allergies on the food menu" hahahahahaha.. i've lost count the number of times that has happened to me stuck behind a group of 6 people from the local councils bought ledger department on their yearly xmas outing to the boozer.
[Post edited 8 Jun 14:53]

Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 14:53 - Jun 8 with 1923 viewsBoston

I'll join the line for those opposed to queuing.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 14:56 - Jun 8 with 1906 viewsDiscodroids

That picture of the queue in reading kills me.. It's like a fkn Gulag waiting for their bowl of turnip Borscht. jesus christ.

Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 15:25 - Jun 8 with 1837 viewsWatford_Ranger

Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 14:45 - Jun 8 by Discodroids

"enquire about allergies on the food menu" hahahahahaha.. i've lost count the number of times that has happened to me stuck behind a group of 6 people from the local councils bought ledger department on their yearly xmas outing to the boozer.

The current future Mrs Watford is a chef. So many people claim to have an allergy then see the food and decide they’ll have it anyway. It’s a massive ballache for a restaurant to ensure a dish can be created without your made-up allergen. Someone came in the other day and said they were allergic to garam masala but didn’t know which of the dozen ingredients in it they were allergic to. I hate people.
Login to get fewer ads

Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 15:32 - Jun 8 with 1800 viewsMick_S

Can someone help me out here? Wtf is going on? When did this start?

Was it part of some trendy programme on the box and the arseholes are copying it in a Friends coffee shop stylee?

Some people need protection from themselves.

By the way, the bloke in Ayr has lots of bullets covering his arse crack.
[Post edited 8 Jun 15:34]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 15:42 - Jun 8 with 1779 viewsLandshark

Seems like I'm going to be in the minority here but I think I'd prefer queuing to standing there for 5 minutes and everyone else getting served before me. You're standing there waiting for ages and then some prick turns up and gets served without acknowledging people were there before them.
Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 15:48 - Jun 8 with 1746 viewsBklynRanger

Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 15:42 - Jun 8 by Landshark

Seems like I'm going to be in the minority here but I think I'd prefer queuing to standing there for 5 minutes and everyone else getting served before me. You're standing there waiting for ages and then some prick turns up and gets served without acknowledging people were there before them.

That's down to straightforward manners though is't it? Someone like that is going to fcuk about with the queue too I'd imagine.

Anyway a prime location to witness a spontaneous queue this time of year is the Old Ship by the river. I'm not saying there's a definite correlation, but it normally coincides with the presence of a regaaaaata.
Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 16:06 - Jun 8 with 1700 viewsloftboy

Even worse than queuing, I’m out for a beer with my mates, we buy rounds, doesn’t matter what people are drinking or if someone’s beer is 20p more expensive, but these days I see groups of youngsters and when it comes to pay they all pay individually on their debit cards so each transaction takes 5-6 times longer. Tight gits

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 16:13 - Jun 8 with 1672 viewsdaveB

I never know anymore if I'm supposed to queue or just go the old fashioned stand at the bar and hope for the best so I get someone else to go
Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 16:15 - Jun 8 with 1665 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 15:42 - Jun 8 by Landshark

There are two things behind this in my view.

Firstly, post-Covid the hospitality sector has struggled to recruit staff. Therefore, I suspect many are having to manage queues in line with staff numbers, and single line might be their solution.

However, the second reason in my view, is the poor quality of 'trained' bar staff.

Worked as a a barman as a student, and the landlord taught and expected his staff to work the bar, manage the queuing customers, and not stand around looking vacant. We often served two at a time, and instead of trotting back and forth to the till to add up the round, we could instantly tell the punter what the round was and returned quickly with the change. Nowadays, staff can't add up, and how many times do you see them stood round the till waiting to use it.

Was in Ireland for a week, none of these issues, as better trained barstaff working.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 16:24 - Jun 8 with 1636 views222gers

Queue ? Just back from 2 hours in the Andover in Hammersmith (on a Saturday ! ), more or less the only punter there.
Fine beer, menu that includes oysters, moules marinaire, wagyu burgers etc but no punters.
I remember when you were lucky to get in there at all Saturday lunchtime.
Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 16:27 - Jun 8 with 1630 viewsPunteR

Yeh my local (gastro pub) has this bollox going on. The proper local drinkers in there refuse to queue so there's now a section to prop up the bar and order a beer like your suppose to. They've also gone cashless, so my beer coupons are redundant now.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 16:43 - Jun 8 with 1594 viewsNorthernr

Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 14:45 - Jun 8 by Discodroids

The Hope on Wandsworth Common we were in a couple of weeks back. Queue. Fck me, okay. Lass in front of me finally gets her turn, asks to see wine list. Felt like an activity that would have passed the time in the queue tbh but okay. 2 glasses of that please, off he goes to pour. Comes back. Two cocktails. You're fcking kidding right? Another modern pub phenom that can get in the sea. It’s not an fcking milkshake emporium is it? Off he goes to make those. Five minutes later. Two Guinness. Two Guinness I sht you not. While he’s away making those there’s communication from the table, now she’s turning and gesticulating. What? You what? What you saying? Two sticky toffee puddings.

Walked out, not been back.
Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 16:56 - Jun 8 with 1571 viewsDiscodroids

Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 16:43 - Jun 8 by Northernr

The Hope on Wandsworth Common we were in a couple of weeks back. Queue. Fck me, okay. Lass in front of me finally gets her turn, asks to see wine list. Felt like an activity that would have passed the time in the queue tbh but okay. 2 glasses of that please, off he goes to pour. Comes back. Two cocktails. You're fcking kidding right? Another modern pub phenom that can get in the sea. It’s not an fcking milkshake emporium is it? Off he goes to make those. Five minutes later. Two Guinness. Two Guinness I sht you not. While he’s away making those there’s communication from the table, now she’s turning and gesticulating. What? You what? What you saying? Two sticky toffee puddings.

Walked out, not been back.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha

Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 17:12 - Jun 8 with 1539 viewsNoDiddley

If you had to queue in the Crooked Billet in Old Leigh you’d be at a table in Osbornes with your arse in a plate of cockles.
Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 17:18 - Jun 8 with 1513 viewsLimehouseR

Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 15:48 - Jun 8 by BklynRanger

That's down to straightforward manners though is't it? Someone like that is going to fcuk about with the queue too I'd imagine.

Anyway a prime location to witness a spontaneous queue this time of year is the Old Ship by the river. I'm not saying there's a definite correlation, but it normally coincides with the presence of a regaaaaata.

When I walk up to the bar and find I am getting served immediately with others stood next to me apparently waiting I always ask them if they have been served or if it's obvious I say to the bar staff, 'I think they're next'. Just manners.

On a side note, going in the reverse protocol, I notice these days it is quite rare for people to queue at the bus request. I feel like that was definitely more of a thing when I was growing up (mostly in the 90s)?
Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 17:40 - Jun 8 with 1464 viewsted_hendrix

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 17:56 - Jun 8 with 1400 viewsJimmyR

Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 15:25 - Jun 8 by Watford_Ranger

The current future Mrs Watford is a chef. So many people claim to have an allergy then see the food and decide they’ll have it anyway. It’s a massive ballache for a restaurant to ensure a dish can be created without your made-up allergen. Someone came in the other day and said they were allergic to garam masala but didn’t know which of the dozen ingredients in it they were allergic to. I hate people.

its nearly 20 years since i worked in a kitchen but i remember...

Garlic bread too being to garlicy
The portions are too big - don't f*cking eat then
I'm allergic to onions
I can't eat cheese on a thursday

Must be much much worse now.

Allergic - you eat it and die

Intolerances have been confused with ppl simply not liking things
Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 18:13 - Jun 8 with 1353 viewsnumptydumpty

Very strange when men used stand at the bar drinking and chatting with bar staff and the bar staff had to make a guess at which thirsty soul was next in the queue.

Did a few shifts back in the 90s in a local pub and got chastised by a poor thirsty individual who I seemed to always think was not last in the line.

Anyhow there is a way these days of not queueing at all.

The days of covid meant we had to order via an app and this is still possible today in most hosteleries !!!

We are British. We all get off on being in a good queue. Gives us something to talk about as opposed to chatting about football or the weather !!!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 18:18 - Jun 8 with 1341 viewsCateLeBonR

There's only one thing more annoying than trying to buy a round in a Wetherspoon. That's having to queue up to try to buy a round in a Wetherspoon. I've only experienced it once in the William Morris a couple of months ago and gave it a minute before shrugging my shoulders and walking up to the bar like 50% of others. Causes more problems than it solves.
Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 18:33 - Jun 8 with 1290 viewsDiscodroids

Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 17:12 - Jun 8 by NoDiddley

If you had to queue in the Crooked Billet in Old Leigh you’d be at a table in Osbornes with your arse in a plate of cockles.

;-)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024